Really fresh Fish Poop... Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really fresh Fish Poop... Anyone?

I know growers add worm castings and fish poop and bird poop...has anyone tried actual fish poo from a pond filter? I winterized my Koi pond today and pulled the filter for the winter. Its got to have 15lbs of fish shit and rotting vegetation in it. But i also noticed a couple thousand little tiny worms and things in it. Wonder if it would be best to let it dry out and then incorporate it into grow mix? OR should i sterilize it(heat it up)? or just not use it. any thoughts?
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Tent
    Bruce Banner
    Kushy Kush
    2Cookies and cream

No idea. I'm subscribing because this is my kind of information.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Comment

• homegrown
      homegrown commented
      Editing a comment
      lol Gingerbeard, i was just checking out your post...you gotta back away from the solo cups for a while man.....if your tryin to make a Mrs Frankenstien plant, i think you need a lightning rod and a good storm.? and as far as the fish poop, i'll keep you posted. Im going to keep some and seperate it into three different batches. 1st will be fresh stinky pond water/poo 2nd will be dried pond water poo, 3rd will be dried and either frozen or heated to kill off most of bugs.

The worms are probably some form of larve, I like this idea. I would bake it off, so looking forward to results!
    I bet Bob Marley's mansion
    has a garden in the back
    Where he's growing something special
    Some celestial homemade hash
    we'll sit down on his front porch
    And listen to the angels band
    Until then I'll sing I'll fly away with a fat onefin my hand

Comment

I have no idea but it's interesting!
      Vivosun 2 X 4 X 5 grow tent
      Viparspectra 450W and 300W LED
      Vivosun 4" inline duct fan with carbon scrubber
      2 small 6" fans
      Promix HP
      GH Flora Trio with CalMag

Comment

"Unknown quantity" is stuck in my head from a post I made on a previous thread. What else is in it? I have used this in the past with good results although it smells like hell. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Alaska-Fi...MaAhiSEALw_wcB

Comment

• Ell
          Ell commented
          Editing a comment
          thanks for the link. used to get this an morebloom at local market but cant now. worked ok and was easy to use.

On the nutes topic.
        I remember reading in a post about a company that will send a trial of their fertilizer. Anyone?
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6
        Nutes
        CalMag

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Mega crop Gingerbeard really stinky good stuff I have some. I keep it sealed up in tupperwear smells bad in the bag but does not stink up my room where the tent is.

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Fish Sh!t

Update. Scooped out some koi poop and brought it in the house a couple of days ago. It went back out to my garage tonight...Stinks like a dog thats been in a creek. or a bucket of fish shit..whatever. And i noticed some bugs I think their Midges(look like mosquitoes) and a bunch of red worm like critters too(no idea what their gonna hatch into but im not waiting to find out). Probably gonna fire up the BBQ today and cook up a tray of pooh. sounds delish.
        Canna Coco/perlite
        Cal/Mag.

Tent
        Bruce Banner
        Kushy Kush
        2Cookies and cream

Comment

Before you roast your fish poop, remember there are a vast number of micro life in that poop. More variety of microbose then soil by itself. You’ll kill it all my heating it but you’ll still have your NPK. Mostly N, I think.

You could let those worms eat that poop and supercharge it and then use this a tea or top dress or add 10% to a fresh pot. I’ve never used this stuff before but that’s what I think, regardless if you asked!😁

check Growing with Fishes Podcast show if you have some free time or a long commute to work.

Comment

There is a local grow that is using fish tank water for their hydro plants. They claim better growth, higher THC and better terps,,,,
            As to the worms, do you feed freeze dried tubifex worms? IF so you have an infestation of them (BTDT).
            I would not kill the good things in it by heat or cold, look at a product called "FISH SH!T"

Comment

I don’t have fish... but use this product. Especially for flower cycle.
              4x4 600w HID empty for summer
              3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
              2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
              running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Ok, iv'e put this poop concoction in a semi sealed container. Decided not to cook it off..im gonna do exactly the opposite. I'll keep it growing er living, and just use the juices from it. I'll just strain out 5-7 ml per gallon for the first few waters. (i think that what fishSh!t farms ratio is) See what happens. I might have a nute machine in this container..who knows!! I gotta think its gonna be high in N, just from the poop,seaweed,bird poop(they always wash in the waterfall) rotting leaves and vegetation. so i'll ease in with this stuff.
                Canna Coco/perlite
                Cal/Mag.

Tent
                Bruce Banner
                Kushy Kush
                2Cookies and cream

Comment

You may have something there.... we had a 3000 gallon koi pond years back and after years of running, the muck in the filter was disgusting....exactly as you have shown, the areas outside where I’d clean the filters, is still more lush on the grass and bushes from just a few yrs ago but that maintenance cleaning was backbreaking, the rubber liner had a scooped out hole to let everything slide into that dip in the bottom...the dip worked but we still had to brush and sweep all kinds of odd life out of there. Used a 4’ garden cart and between leaves and yuk, filled it twice. It may pay to aerate it if you plan to keep it as a stock solution to draw from. Otherwise it will die and become anerobic and smell even worse

Comment

thought id take a peek at my jar of poop today....Its teeming with life! so got the usb microscope out for a couple of pics. Sorry the container is really scratched up which i didnt notice until under scope. there is some crazy looking worms in here..and their squirmin. make sure this fu@kin lid stays on tight...
                    Canna Coco/perlite
                    Cal/Mag.

Tent
                    Bruce Banner
                    Kushy Kush
                    2Cookies and cream

Comment

LOL thems butt worms you know keep away from me with that. yikes
                      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                      indoor/outdoor grower
                      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

LOL..good god woman...its not mine..its my fishes poop..hahahaha.
                        Canna Coco/perlite
                        Cal/Mag.

Tent
                        Bruce Banner
                        Kushy Kush
                        2Cookies and cream

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                          SoOrbudgal commented
                          Editing a comment
                          yes I know they ain't yers still came from the fishes pooper. what are your plans for the poop now. are you gonna put it in indoor soil? or squeeze it even more make boil tea for plants? i'm soaking illama poop pellets outdoors in a bucket with board on it letting it grow through out winter or not grow. then i'm putting bat quano we collected couple gallon zips of at the cabin in the woods. This is part of what I feed my out door grows and veggie garden with. I just don't bring living soil into my house tent. kinda gives me the wiggles LOL

• Farmall
                          Farmall commented
                          Editing a comment
                          SoOrbudgal. You e got me wondering why you prefer not to bring living soil inside.... honestly every living soil grow I’ve had has produced hundreds of fungus gnats and it’s just a standard procedure for me to hang loads of those yellow sheets in the tent. Within 3 weeks there usually all gone

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X