Let's Talk About Making Feminized Seeds With STS Solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's Talk About Making Feminized Seeds With STS Solution

I've been doing some searching and my problem seems to be fairly common. There also seems to be nothing in the way of getting answers on how to correct the problem. So what's the problem? A reversed plant with no pollen.Those of you experienced in this process, please chime in.

1. How is this solution made? Yes, there are recipes on the net. Guess what, they're not working for me and seemingly everyone else having the same problem as I am.

2. What type of Silver Nitrate? There seems to be 3 different types of Silver Nitrate out there. Raw, ACS, and another one I can't remember at the moment.

3. Temps/Humidity/PH, are there ranges that should be kept?

4. Nutrients, what NPK for this? If any.

5. PROCESS! There's a massive amount of conflicting information as to the process of this. Spray once and flip, spray every 3-5 days, spray 10 days then flip. WTH? I'm almost certain fem seed producers do not randomly do this nonsense. They obviously have a successful process and this random do this and do that is not it.

6. LEAVE COLLOIDAL SILVER OUT OF THIS. No offence, but remembering to spray twice a day for god knows how long (20+ days) just seems like nonsense when STS is supposedly how seed producers do this.

So, if you've done this successfully and know your shit inside and out, please share!

I'm actually curious about this too. I eventually want to start doing my own feminized seeds, crossbreeding and such but I'm nervous to try it.

Comment

Originally posted by dphipps1020 View Post
      I'm actually curious about this too. I eventually want to start doing my own feminized seeds, crossbreeding and such but I'm nervous to try it.
      I've tried STS and GA3 at the recommended dosage found all over the net. Total fail. There has to be key parts to this that are being left out.

Comment

interested in this also. Have tried on 3 different occasions. sprayed once a day for three weeks. got plenty of balls but little pollen. I was only able to pollenate 3 buds on the same plant that produced 30 seeds. tried 1 and it popped. will try more next spring.

Comment

What have you done to stabilize the genetics you are trying to breed? Proper breeding takes time and space dedicated to this purpose. You can use any technique you wish (sts, Cs, heat/light stress), but with out proper stabilization techniques your end results will never be able to be replicated. I just don’t see the purpose.
          4x4 600w HID empty for summer
          3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
          2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
          running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Stable strain. Just trying to get a small seed stock.

Comment

• Toker1
              Toker1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Right, my point is if you like the taste of your mother strain... or maybe it’s a real heady plant. All those features you want will be hard to replicate with out back crossing to stabilize the genetic potential. If you grow 100 seeds with out stabilizing the parent plants, you will have 100 strains with unknown genetic potentials.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X