Daylight savings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO Daylight savings

Should I give my plants an extra hour of dark or an extra hour of light when it’s daylight savings time? I need to reprogram my timer.
    DWC hydroponic system 18”x36”x72” cabinet
    400w single ended hps (veg)
    7’l 3’w 7’h 600w single ended hps (bloom).
    Using advanced nutrients ph perfect sensi grow A+B and sensi bloom A+B and orca microbes.
    1st grow OG 13 - 2nd grow Durban poison, Cinderella- 3rd currently bloom white fire og- 4th grow currently veg Bruce banner, gorilla glue- seeds on deck super lemon haze.

It depends really imo what stage of development the plants are in. If it's veg, i give an extra hr of light. If it's in flower, it gets an extra hr of dark. I try to do no less than 12 hr dark during flower and no less than 16 hr light during veg.

Comment

I have a lot more problems reprogramming myself for the time change than I ever noticed my plants having. Have a great grow !!
      Focus and relativity.

Comment

I leave my flowering timer at the same time and adjust my "check on the girls" schedule to a new time. plant know nothing of daylight savings time and it uselessness.
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Tersky
          Tersky commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah that is true. I have to schedule mine around when im free so that is the only reason i change mine. Sometimes i dont have to but this time im going to have to because of a funky work schedule.

I’m in bloom stage end of week 6 DWC. I prefer to keep the lights on during the day for safety reasons (aka wife) and ease of access for maintenance and sometimes to just stare in awe. I’m going to go with more dark just in case. I don’t want anything to happen to the girls this late in the game.
        DWC hydroponic system 18”x36”x72” cabinet
        400w single ended hps (veg)
        7’l 3’w 7’h 600w single ended hps (bloom).
        Using advanced nutrients ph perfect sensi grow A+B and sensi bloom A+B and orca microbes.
        1st grow OG 13 - 2nd grow Durban poison, Cinderella- 3rd currently bloom white fire og- 4th grow currently veg Bruce banner, gorilla glue- seeds on deck super lemon haze.

Comment

I'm in my 4th week of flowering and like all other years when the time changes, I'm not planing on changing anything. The plants don't have a clue about daylight savings time. Never had any adverse effect.

Comment

Only thing I do, is slowly adjust for lights out (so it is convenient for me 😁)

the timer settings dont change (veg stays 18/6, flower 12/12)

Comment

Your 1 day for 1 hour adjustment will not effect anything in either stage. I hear people doing all kinds of things. 24 of light before changing, 24 hours darkness before changing. I personally am a fan of not changing the timer and just letting it ride. Who’s being crazy now. Lol 🤪​​​​​
              i have adjusted both ways in veg and in flower. Nothing weird happened. Just normal growth.
              4x4 600w HID empty for summer
              3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
              2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
              running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• dphipps1020
                dphipps1020 commented
                Editing a comment
                Agreed. I just change mine to whatever the new time is and call it a day.

My girls are on solar time, local time changes mean nothing,,, so I do nothing!

Comment

My plants can’t tell time!
                It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
                https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
                https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
                http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
                https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

Seems like 12/12 is still 12/12 whether you’re in Mexico or China , where ever they are

Comment

Originally posted by Weed Pharma View Post
                    My plants can’t tell time!
                    Really mine have a watch and remind me to top off and do water changes.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X