Smart pots of limited intelligence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smart pots of limited intelligence

Is there something special about the fabric used in smart pots or would a shirt do the same thing?
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

I guess it depends on the thickness of the shirt... I suppose you could do it in a shirt...I've seen a guy who grew radishes hydroponically on a screen. The felt imo is a tad thicker. Im sure there is a DIY solution to fabric pots. Maybe its the density of the cloth? it feels like the weaving is also tighter than a tshirt?

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      Layers of shirts? Flannel?

• Tersky
      Tersky commented
      Editing a comment
      Thick flannel seems to be the closest consistency. Im sure as long as it holds the medium and doesnt rip. I'd love to see that little lumberjack!

Denim from blue jeans will work.
    It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

i tried DIYing the pots with garden fabric and the time it took for me to sew them together was not worth saving the 15 bucks i now spend on five 7 gal pots, the ones i made didnt last btw. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        I have buckets of free time. I could sew a sampler on my bags. Maybe that's a thing: personalized fabric pots! Cutting off a leg and sewing up the end with a needle and dental floss isn't a chore. I'm coming up with a few experiments for the next few grows.

• Farmall
        Farmall commented
        Editing a comment
        For crazy production, buy one of the HD singer sewing machines on eBay, they’re all over the place. I bought one for $50.00 that is in excellent condition and I sew Sunbrella boat canvas fabric to make outdoor covers for stuff and it runs thru that stuff like the proverbial hot knife thru butter. They sell UV and rot resistant threads anywhere...

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        I made my first cloth pots, my back still hurts,,, I buy now,,, they are cheap compared to my back, and time!

used to use reusable shopping bags from fred meyer or walmart for 99cents apiece. hold abt 6 gallons soil. turn inside out to reuse. works well but are tippy being rectangular vs. round.

Comment

Hey Gingerbeard..i dont know whats so special, but those things are pretty tuff. I wanted to put about 25 holes around the pot for tie-downs, so i tried a single hole punch(like the paper boy/girl used) sonofabiotch!! i got about 6 holes and said screw that...cut slits with a blade. I like Weed Pharma's idea of denim..pretty sturdy and tightly woven.
        Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
        Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
        6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
        Canna Coco/perlite
        General Hydroponics Flora Series
        Cal/Mag.

Comment

Originally posted by homegrown View Post
          Hey Gingerbeard..I wanted to put about 25 holes around the pot for tie-downs, so i tried a single hole punch.
          With fire extinguisher handy, red hot a screwdriver to poke the holes. I'm probably going to hole up a 1.75 gallon like that and put a thin bamboo stake horizontally, through the holes, through the pot. Just one for me, parallel to the two main colas after a single topping.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

• homegrown
            homegrown commented
            Editing a comment
            lol.....i tried a drill....DONT EVER DO THAT!

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            homegrown good call, Lol.

• Farmall
            Farmall commented
            Editing a comment
            Haha...I drilled into fabric before.... not pretty Especially fabric with padding behind it. .BUT. Pick up a few boxes for office binder clips and clip them around the edge of the pot... great anchors for tie downs. 1 1/2” work well but if you needing big holding power for large large stems, go with the 2”. At a wholesale club, 10 boxes of 12 was $6.00

I have been using safety pins for my fabric pots. Works great, adjustable, and I don't ruin my pots. Can't always guarantee the branches will need to be tied down in the same place when reusing the pots so I figured it was a good solution. The ladies in the pictures were small for the pots I know but they've since grown into them.

Comment

I also use those binder clips on my pots works really well. Those large safety pins are great also.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Paper clips work well too.
              You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

I've seen a guy grow a 5 foot tall x 4 foot round plant in a PILLOW CASE....of all things.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
                  Gingerbeard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Alley hash. Decarb the shirt and put it on. Spray the shirt wet with alcohol and press it onto yourself. Hey! Body high!

• Farmall
                  Farmall commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Amazing how there are crazy detailed procedures to create the same thing as the guy in the alley. And we spend so much time and effort into doing it

• BillyKidd
                  BillyKidd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ingenuity, gotta love it!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X