No announcement yet.

I challenge you to a duel!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I'll just use one of the cups I have. I have blue and red. Wonder which will grow a bigger plant. I'm thinking 30grams for soil. In coco coir with a great grower I'm thinking 50 to 60grams?
    You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

Spidermite found your cup
      Click image for larger version

Name:	solo cup.png
Views:	443
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	358775

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Now this looks like the place for a gwe forum meet and greet.

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        It's made of concrete. Probably no drainage holes and it's not biodegradable. Reusable, but not biodegradable. You can keep it.

Go the other way, Spidermite . Balance your 50lb bag on one of homegrown's Solo cups. Balance Mr.furley's interesting device on top of your soil. Drop your seed on top. Let the roots grow through the interesting device, through the soil, into the cup. We're not supposed to grow roots out of the cup. Nothing has been said about growing roots into the cup. I mean, roots are supposed to grow into the cup, right? Neither the device nor the bag of soil is a cup. Only a plant support sitting over a Solo cup with too much soil.
      I'll put together a big shadow box of oversized stuff for homegrown's cup to sit in to mess up the scale. Make the cup look smaller in it's environment. If we take a picture and make the picture blurry, Bigfoot-walking-through-the-forest-on-8mm-film blurry, Rwise , you would be a champ if you could help us by Photshopping out all the unnecessaries and adding proper blurries. You know, give it some good newts.
      Let's get crackin' y'all!'
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

Shit.....just gotta figure out how to get this in my truck.......and order a dump truck full of coco before new years eve!
        Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
        Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
        6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
        Canna Coco/perlite
        General Hydroponics Flora Series
        Cal/Mag.

Tent
        Bruce Banner
        Kushy Kush
        2Cookies and cream

Comment

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          That's the greatest thing I've ever seen. Glad you're on the team.

Ah, the old "Grow an oak tree in a thimble" contest. Hmmm. Sounds like a fertigation situation. A spot of peat moss to get the seed started, fill the rest with perlite, set up an intermittent drip system with feed and drain buckets, put a hole in the bottom of the cup for drainage, then drain the holding tray. Make sure the tray doesn't stay moist and encourage water roots. Timing is everything. Basically, hydroponics with a lot less hydro. Have just the place for it. Now I just hope I can get my seed in time.

I added this for the discussion. Here is what happens to root structure in fertigation when you allow the bottom to dry a bit.

Name:	Root Structure 1.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	325.2 KB
ID:	358999Click image for larger version

Name:	Root Structure 2.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	439.9 KB
ID:	358998
        Attached Files
        Last edited by BaccaRacca; 12-20-2019, 12:22 PM.
        2'x2'x5' Custom Breed & Seed Cabinet w/ 4 Roleadro flat-panel 75W lights
        2'x2'x5' Custom Seedling, Clone & Young Veg. Cabinet w/ CFL & flat panels
        2'x2'x5' Custom Veg. Cabinet with Vipar Spectra XS 1000 Dimmable
        2'x4'X6' Custom Flowering Cabinet with 2 Vipar Spectra XS 1500 Dimmable Lights

100% Perlite, 2.7- Gallon nursery pots, Fertigation method.

Miracle Gro Vegetable & Herb Fertilizer (includes Soy Protein Hydrolysates), 1 tsp./gallon as base nutrient, supplemented with standard Miracle Gro for high-nitrogen plants, and Miracle Gro Bloom Booster during Flower. A bit of Ph Down to take the edge off. Touch of Cal-Mag as well.

Comment

• BaccaRacca
          BaccaRacca commented
          Editing a comment
          DingusKhan: John Emad nailed it. It's a technique used for potted plants in nurseries. Perlite makes the pots really easy to move around. As Spidermite points out the trick is in the setup. Send too much water/nute solution through the cup and you'll have water roots follow the water out the weep holes, which is against the rules; too hydro. I write from experience on this. As for coattails, ideally, you'll want to let the bottom of the cup to dry out just a bit, without drying out the whole cup. So the proper watering schedule/flow rate is critical. On a large scale, see above for what the technique does to the root structure -- even though this is not a clone there is no tap root.

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you all, kind gentlemen! That's so cool, I'm going to a couple of different autos for this, and one of them will be fertigated.

I assume the noots drain to waste.

• Obi-Wan
          Obi-Wan commented
          Editing a comment
          Pretty much sums up my setup for this contest....

Someone had to do it. Especially today.
        TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
        EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
        AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
        IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Winner winner chicken dinner.

After all it was his name sake
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I would also like to reserve the name 'Dave' for my Solo grow. Doesn't mean I'll use it. Maybe I'll put it up for auction.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

• BaccaRacca
            BaccaRacca commented
            Editing a comment
            But, Dave's not here.

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            Also 'One Cup to Rule them All.'
            Also 'Her Holiness' or any reference to holiness. Not holes, just holiness.
            Also 'Jenifer' or 'Christie.' I don't want those used.

Dave is not here because Dave is picking up the weed.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

As the day of seed drop approaches, thought I would share my method for adding holes to your cup. Instead of heat to poke through , fill 3/4 with water, freeze it and SLOWLY drill holes. Seems to work well , clean holes , the key is to drill slow, let it melt out, don't push it out or it might Crack the cup. Use scissors to clean up the holes.

Name:	IMG_20191224_182622.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	2.58 MB
ID:	359984

Name:	IMG_20191224_182628.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	2.83 MB
ID:	359983Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191224_182639.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	2.99 MB
ID:	359982
            *4x2x6 for veg with HLG65 4000k x3
            ​​​​*2x2x4 for mothers with HLG65 [van helsing, master breath, white mo, pineapple express]
            *custom 4x4 closet for flower with HLG260 + 4' T5 (x4) - agromax bloom led x2 + agromax 6400k florescent x2 {440watt totall}
            *8 site clone bucket with 20w cfl
            You never know when you might need a little C4

Comment

• Mrblu
              Mrblu commented
              Editing a comment
              Trying to diy air pot 🤞

• DingusKhan
              DingusKhan commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm going to do that too!

I've been letting this cook in the befuddled-brain for a few days before I break out either the pocket knife awl vs the dewalt power drill vs. Browning Buckmark .22lr or the Remington 870 pump with either Walmart bird shot or military grade 0-0 buckshot

Any suggestions?

• starramus
              starramus commented
              Editing a comment
              Precision drainage holes are a must for optimum drainage. I wonder if I have enough time to send, and receive back from this laser cutting service. https://www.xometry.com/laser-cuttin...MaAhdDEALw_wcB

I used a pellet gun.
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6

Comment

• Gingerbeard
              Gingerbeard commented
              Editing a comment
              Hollow points make hollow holes.

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              .50 cal and under only

• Gingerbeard
              Gingerbeard commented
              Editing a comment
              .50 cal hollow point Mr.furley? I like where this is heading. I don't know that it would go through an engine block but it'll be a helluva time trying! I'll be right over...

heres my line up for the grow, Dark devil is my contest entry,then I will have 2 white widow cbd,2 elite seeds super auto thc ,Zamaldelica cbd cream cheese( supposed to have 22%thc and 18% cbd) and the last 2 Psicodelicia (70%Sativa) that will give me 4 cbd plants and 4 sativa's , Now all I have to do is clean and get the room ready for a grow ,I picked up a 2nd 630 cmh light to go on the light mover extension trolly . after reading all the info on there web site ,although they never said it I think the maximum travel distance is 30 inches .so hopefully my buds will increase in weight/size
            new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
            current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• DingusKhan
              DingusKhan commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow Jarhead, that's a hell of a light set up! I can't wait to see pics.

• starramus
              starramus commented
              Editing a comment
              Damn talk about overkill. I surrender!

I’m a cheap bastard. I’m just going to use a water bottle instead of going out and buying a bunch of cups....lol
            Attached Files

Comment

• starramus
              starramus commented
              Editing a comment
              cheap is good. get a free water cup at the McMaggot (McDonalds), or at the Booger King.

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              how cool you could see the roots and what they are doing

• Gingerbeard
              Gingerbeard commented
              Editing a comment
              Uh, clear is no Bueno. I tried and gold green algae or mold or something in the soil It was cool, 'tho, because you can watch the mold grow.

And wow pellet gun. Great Idea. I usually us coke cans as targets but this sounds fun. Me and my sons love to practice so we will probably make alot of cups. We have hundreds from our last family reunion. I'll try my pellet gun and some 22shorts to see which works better.
            You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

Just waiting until the 1st of the year so I can drop my seed.
              Last edited by Obi-Wan; 12-26-2019, 04:47 PM.
              Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

• Retodd
                Retodd commented
                Editing a comment
                That’s just sweet af!

• Farmall
                Farmall commented
                Editing a comment
                Talk about preparation!

• Gingerbeard
                Gingerbeard commented
                Editing a comment
                If you expect to need all that netting, I'm for sure going to cheat. I don't want to have little plant syndrome.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X