I challenge you to a duel!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I challenge you to a duel!

Click image for larger version  Name:	20191005_050546.png Views:	0 Size:	601.9 KB ID:	341079
    Lady's and Gentleman I bring you the first

Grow Weed Easy..com Solo Cup Grow Off

FORMAT:

Starting January 1st 2020 at 12:01am Pst any and everybody is welcome to germinate seeds and participate in a solo cup grow thread that will run till April 10th 2020. Thats 100 days to grow from seed to finish.
    This thread is to bring the forum together for a little friendly fun, you do not have to be a competitor to grow along side everybody in the thread.

On April 01 2020 I will open a second thread for the people that want to compete for prizes, yes that's right! your plant can WIN you some great Gwe.com swag and other stuff (final prizes to be announced on the 4/1/20 Thread)
    In this thread, if you choose to enter your plant, you will be judged on looks, did you follow the rules, and basically just how bad ass your plant is for a chance at a final placement of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place,
    This will be judges by a Very Famous Cannabis Grower we all know and love😎but no name dropping yet And no its not me.😅

The Rules:

1) Your Plant must be grown in the stated time frame.
    2) Your plant must be contain and grown completely in a standard solo cup the whole grow.
    3) Entries limited to one plant per grower so make it your best.
    4) We would like to see post updating your progress.
    5) Have Fun.

ORDER YOU SEED NOW! MAKE SPACE IN YOUR TENT! GET YOUR NEW SETUP READY! WE ARE DOING THIS!

Once again this is for Everybody, New Growers to seasoned veterans and all are encouraged and welcome to join in.
    I heard a little rumor that a solo cup tutorials maybe popping up on the main website and of course everybody will be helping each other in the thread (I love the camaraderie here)

A big thinks goes to NebulaHaze and SiriusFourside for they're permission and contribution to make this happen.

If I missed something we will cross that bridge at that point but I think that's all for now.

I personally look forward to seeing you grow on 01/01/20

Mr.Furley
    Last edited by Mr.furley; 10-10-2019, 12:13 AM.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Oh man, I’m so in! That’s right when I’ll need to be starting a new harvest, so great timing. I’ll definitely enter a plant! But so it has to stay in the solo cup the whole grow?
    Canuck147 is going to win if so, lol. That guy can GROW in some small pots.
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil
    Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes s62 the whole grow, once your seeds germinate it goes in the Solo Cup and there it stays.
      Last edited by Mr.furley; 10-10-2019, 08:40 AM.

I think I'll hop in this one. Sounds like a good time!
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

Sooo, when the plant is 3' tall how do we stabilize the base? Will there be rules there? I mean if I was unscrupulous and set my cup in a pot surrounded by growing medium of my choice and the roots just happen to exit said cup and grab new goodies...just sayin'.

And, yea, does sound like fun for mid-winter boredom.
    TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
    EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
    AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
    IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      You are not limited on supporting your cup to continue a safe and Healthy Grow.
      But the root system has to stay contained in the cup, no exterior mediums for root growth.

Makes me wish i lived in a legal state and had the room. Sounds interesting, but i'm just not sure how i could get it to work while growing my other plants..without adding another tent...which i dont have space for...dammit just legalize it in my state ffs

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Tersky we would love to have you aboard. The idea is to give people time to figure it out maybe something will happen for you😉

• Tersky
      Tersky commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm looking around to see what i can do...i may be able to set up some cfl setup in my closet...and it is going to get cooler so that might work to counter the heat and no ac in my closet...i got the gears turning....i'mma go to home depot this weekend and see what i can think of...

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      That the spirit!

Sooo...questions. Can we alter the solo cups as long as the roots stay within the solo cup? And what size is considered standard, 16oz?

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes you can alter the cup but it must contain the roots in a standard solo cup. I have to buy one for the exact oz, but I do believe it 16oz.
      Last edited by Mr.furley; 10-10-2019, 10:38 AM.

Ok I'll do it. I've been asked on several sites to do similar grows. Last one I saw had over 40grams. Can we use clones? Or do we need to start with seeds?

Also can I grow AC/DC? Its low thc but same plant. If not your getting stoned Henge which is a frigging beast of a plant
    You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      It wouldn't be the same without you Spidermite
      You can grow any cannabis plant of your choice.
      And yes you can use a clone, the same rules apply for it, 12:01pst the clone can be cut from the mother and the rooting process starting, that will be considered the start of germination.

• Spidermite
      Spidermite commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds good.

Sounds like fun - few years ago Nebula and a few others did the same thing. If I remember correctly she got just over an ounce for her grow.
    So long as no one else on this thread discovers the benefits of using Foliar Essence ...........
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      I would expected to be fun with all the good Growers on here Canuck147
      But I don't know of this foliar Essence you speak of.....Hahaha.
      Welcome.

I'm in only of we change the grow container to a thimble.

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      hahaha we'll have to do that one next.

I'm a simple man. A simple gardener.
    Automatically flowering plants? Foliar essence? All your sprays and whatnot. Witchcraft! Black magic! How is a bag seeder supposed to know which seed to plant? Between now and 01/01/20 I can order dwarf strain seeds. For a fair run there should be an auto category for auto'ers and a category for bag seeders. Auto'ers know more what to expect. Baggers play the lotto. Can I get a witness?
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      I've only known organic witches, @Canuck147

So Mr.furley, I can grow a cup of Bermuda grass?

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Sure...but I would rather see your cannabis

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      I have four seeds left from the bunch I've been growing. I'm good with trying one of those. And three seeds that came from a guy who knows the guy who grew 'twenty five foot tall' trees. I'll probably skip those three.
      I was going to surprise everyone when I laid out the Purple Hulk I ordered from MSNL, should they make it. They'll be my first autos so I don't think I'll try one of those.

My air pots now have white clover, mushrooms, earthworms and get a 6 month break every year. I keep the organisms alive and you cant beat the grow. No nutrients at all so far this grow and expecting 12 to 15 ounces per 15 gallon pot.

Not sure how I'll do with a solo cup. im not a small container grower but we will see. Think I'll use Nectar of the Gods line up for it.
    You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

Mr.furley that sounds like fun, count me in !
      This little girl was a runt from the get go, so I just left her in the Dixie Cup, a Jack the Ripper from Zambezi Seeds, she is 90days old today, shes been abused, and not taken care of, at all.
      She's in soil, I'm gonna have to get some coco, for the contest, you can grow trees in coco, in small pots, compared to soil.
      HappyGrowing Click image for larger version

Name:	20191010_132437.jpg
Views:	847
Size:	536.8 KB
ID:	341236
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah Mr.furley ,this is gonna be fun. That little girl had pistils showing on day 12, so I knew she wasn't gonna be a giant.
        That's the earliest I've ever seen pistils, before.

• Retodd
        Retodd commented
        Editing a comment
        I finally had to go back to the beginning of the thread to read it. I’m sure I’ll have room in my little tent for a solo...lmao. This sounds fun Mr.furley and I’m glad Spidermite tagged me in it. I’m supposed to have a bunch of Fox Forrest soil delivered by then. I’ll just have to figure out the strain to go.
        Yours looks great in this pic! Pagan goes on about you all the time and your growing skills.

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Fabulous Retodd it really wouldn't be the same without you.

Who're the judges? Nobody has asked about graft, bribes, coercion, and such. Maybe I have information on someone.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6
      Nutes
      CalMag

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Due to National Security the identity of the judges will remain anonymous for now.

• LurkingInTheGrass
        LurkingInTheGrass commented
        Editing a comment
        I do accept graft, gratuities and bribes

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        Cowards, Mr.furley! I'm thinking LurkingInTheGrass should be appointed. Sounds like an easy mark.

At The unnamed boxstore the consensus of the standard size Solo Cup is 18 Oz. starramus you can also pick up a 2ozer if your so inclined.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20191010_150521.jpg
Views:	763
Size:	2.07 MB
ID:	341278Party on Wayne.
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Hmmm

I have some (Dana Larsen) Freedom Dream CBD seeds rolling around

And a 16 CDN ounce cup should offset whatever ancient beast Spidermite finds to clone 😁

Maybe PaganRich can join? British ounces are the biggest
        Last edited by LurkingInTheGrass; 10-10-2019, 04:36 PM. Reason: gnilleps

Comment

• PaganRich
          PaganRich commented
          Editing a comment
          Spidermite Well mate, have to say, you were very persausive and thank you mate for being so-this does look like fun....one question...this cup...is it a 16oz cup?

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          PaganRich
          YES! Welcome aboard mate. the plastics cuos are 18oz.

• Retodd
          Retodd commented
          Editing a comment
          I think it’s texas where things are always bigger...lmao.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X