Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks to everyone for helping keep the forum clean!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to everyone for helping keep the forum clean!

Seriously, thanks for flagging all those spam posts. There were so many flags I actually laughed out loud. ๐Ÿ˜„

On another note, Nebula and I have been testing cloning methods so we can beef up the cloning page. It's nothing formal; we're just trying to see if one method stands out as being easier or more successful per attempt.

So far, we've done jiffy pellets, coco (1st pic), and aeroponics (2nd pic). Rapid rooters will be next and then we'll repeat the whole thing again...and probably again.

Results so far:
    Jiffy pellets - 10/10 success rate
    Directly into Coco - 9/10 success rate
    Aeroponics - 9/10 success rate

The coco and aero clones are still trying, but it's already clear who the survivors will be. So far, we like coco the least because you can't see the roots at all. So, nothing exciting yet, but I thought I'd share. ๐ŸŒฑ

Looking forward to seeing the updates! Thanks!
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil
    Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

you should add perlite to the testing, never tried it but have read great things

Comment

• SiriusFourside
        SiriusFourside commented
        Editing a comment
        I didn't even think of cloning in perlite. But now that you mention it, it seems like it could be much better than coco or soil.

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah i think that too, its going to be great to find out in a side by side

I use aeroponics to clone. I get great results.
      What are your water temps?
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Is it odd that I thought about putting a hook out to ask what ya'lls current setup is? Or that yesterday, being out of stuff, I found a $20 while walking Dabber and a neighbor hooked me up with a bit of flower?
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

• SiriusFourside
        SiriusFourside commented
        Editing a comment
        We're both testing setups just for experience. Nebula has 3 tents; one with 2x Viparspectra lights (~300W total), one with a 250W HPS, and a mini tent with an HLG LED over some clones. My tent has those aeroponic clones in it until I can pick a light to try next between 630 LEC, 550 Quantum, or 600W Electric Sky. If we weren't testing, I'd be using a 600W MH/HPS combo.

• Tersky
        Tersky commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh tersky is a play on my name. My dog's name is Bella. Didnt know that about tersky tho. Speaking of mini tent tho, i went to my local hydro shop and they had a mini tent. I mean a display mini tent. It was like a foot and a half tall and half a foot wide! It was actually kinda adorable.

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        Bella? Yeah. Terskey would have been better. Yavorski is also cool. I think I have the two frontrunners for names if I ever get another dog. Terskey. Yavorski. I think Yavorski is number one. The name has great meaning.

Dabber...
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        Saber tooth denture'd tigers looking for a nice piece of meat to gum.
        I just had an image of four STDT's driving around in an '80's model Ford Crown Vic Ltd., white with a blue faux leather roof treatment, with their arms dangling out the window, dark sunglasses, bass turned up, bumpin' to it, and running into random men to 'exchange information.' Probably to make it easier to hunt you down. They're old, after all.
        Sounds like a setup, bro. I just got a chill. If you get in another wreck, wait for a policeman. I'm glad I use my neighbor's car. If I get hit by STDT's, I can give them his information.
        This is a lot to handle, right before bed.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        What a sweet face!!!! Truly!

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol. I donโ€™t know why but the 80โ€™s crown Vic always reminds me of Jake and Elwood cruising around in the original Blues Brothers movie. โ€œwhat happened to the blues mobile?โ€ ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Good to see you two posting again.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        Who's the most awesome?

• duckman
        duckman commented
        Editing a comment
        why, YOU are, Gingerbeard! or maybe it's me, I can't remember for some reason ;-)

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        "...I don't know if it's you or if it's me
        If it's one of us I'm sure we'll both will see."

Hi Sirius, If it means anything, I was not prepared for clones but had to do some major pruning based on our recent defoliation thoughts. All those thinner upshoots from the bottom and middle... So, took most and tossed them into a 1 qt. wonton soup plastic container with 2โ€ of water and the rest got dipped into clonex and thrown into another wonton soup container. Theyโ€™ve been sitting under the 315LEC/CMH 4100k bulb for the last week and all look perfect. There are about 10 in each container
      Last edited by Farmall; 09-12-2019, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Good morning Sirius, glad to do my part to help keep the place clean! Add free sires are getting very rare and I for one greatly appreciate it. I lurked several forum before landing here, great people!

As for clones I am using an aeroponics style unit, but I removed the water pump and replaced it with bubble wall tubes (get the heat out) and an air pump. Before I got ~80% with the bubble wall tubes I get so far 100% using tap water.

Comment

Sirius I have a friend who bought a humidifier at wall mart 30 bucks and one of those cheep little green houses 1"by 2 by 3 feet hooks up the humidifier to it and the thing does an amazing job of keeping them perfect
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X