Dear outdoor growers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear outdoor growers

How do you do it? Just thinking about battling mother nature on a daily basis seems so exhausting to me. The pets, the pests, the elements. Have you become a bit more in tune with mother nature? Genuinely curious over here. What unique things from your neck of the woods have you seen, learned, realized from growing cannabis outdoors?

Fence off your plants from rabbits and deer.
    Check the leaves (particularly before bloom), when they are folded over a nasty little caterpillar can creep inside and reek havoc on your buds. If pests get bad, counteract with predator pests quickly.
    Go with the largest containers you can afford to maintain.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Honestly, for outdoor grows are a science project for me. Because the environmental conditions in my cove are not really conducive to growing serious dank, it gives me a bit of practice for my IPM when I'm gardening. I usually end up donating that harvest to various friends/patients for their meds.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Things have changed since I started growing, old was to go out in the spring, find a place to plant, prep the soil, plant and go home. About 5-6 weeks later go back and pull runts, return in early fall to pull males, and the next trip was to harvest. We got good weed, but would have been more of it had we been able to tend them, damage was expected,,, bugs, deer rabbits, people,,, in tune with Mother nature, well one of the patches was being eaten by grasshoppers, so I called birds to a feeding ground, ya I know you dont believe that, my planting partner does now!
        Here in the yard I use predator bugs, and smash as many bad bugs as I can twice or more each day. I also pay attention to Mother Nature and what she is telling me. This year she is telling me to prepare for winter!

Comment

Hey RH ,I have never had deer eat my bud but I have had a porcupine dig up my holes looking for that sweet smell of fish in it,, I've had a bear and moose lay on my plants, lots of plants have had broken stems but they bounce back ,
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Well for me here in unpredictable weather you just don't go into it unprepared for what ever mother nature decides to do. Get the plants strong before setting them out, have protection ready for bugs, critters or weather changes. I know that if I want to save money it cost money in the beginning to protect my grow. I want my seeds to be the best plant it can be so I try and do the best I can to see them all the way through a healthy grow. It's a long process between 5-7months of tending commitment but it's been worth it to me as I love the plant. I love to garden and what it gives back. During Thanksgiving we'll be looking back on this season and celebrate that we've not needed to spend $$$$ on purchasing something that once learned is pretty damn easy to do. It's a passion and a heartache at times but I dig the heck out of growing weed.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X