No announcement yet.

First grow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just did some more training! Flat like the earth.

Comment

• HappyDaze
      HappyDaze commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not familiar with either of the strains, and don't really know shit about growing them. FWIW, I have grown Durban Poison, and I've got a GSC cross just starting. Both of those are in the genetics of your Wedding Cake, and both are pretty stretchy in my setup.

Do you have a place to keep some clones of those beauties for your next run? Now would be the time to take them...I usually do a little better with my second runs, knowing what to expect with light and feeding tolerance and stretch

• Anuenki
      Anuenki commented
      Editing a comment
      I wish i did lol but i legit just got everything i needed for one tent being my first time and all. Seeing that this one is doing alright i am going to look into getting a perpetual going.

• HappyDaze
      HappyDaze commented
      Editing a comment
      If you've got the time and want to keep the genetics, grab a $5 bottle of cloning gel from the nearest Big Box or garden center and try your hand at cloning. You can do it on a shaded window sill (not too stealthy, I know) in a cup of damp perlite, no real gearhead stuff required.

Ok today is finally the day that i switch to 12/12 planned to do it last week but had a lot of over time at work and wanted to keep things the same until i had more time to monitor. So here are the girls just shy of 6 weeks of veg!
    Attached Files

Comment

Looking fantastic!
      Meesta's Grow
      2019 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-meesta-s-grow

2020 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ta-s-2020-grow

Comment

Update. Hello everyone . Today is day 60 from sprout, and almost a week now since i did the flip to 12/12. Really starting to wish i had taken a couple clones. Especially from my big wedding cAke. She is growing soooo much bigger, stronger and faster than the other 3.

Comment

You can still take clones, they might start to look a little funky if they need to re-veg but at o let a week into flower they may not miss a beat. I would and have taken clones after 7 days of 12/12 and they normally root and veg normally.
          Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

• Anuenki
            Anuenki commented
            Editing a comment
            I just dont. have anywhere to put them lol. First grow only got the setup you see and was not expecting anything like this for my first time!

HappyDaze I really wish we could like comments on this forum....if we could I would have liked your comment #16.3.
          I couldn’t agree more about doing better on the second run. It’s not just about doing better in terms of yield, quality and preference is better too! The second or subsequent runs with a strain give you better intuition because as a grower you’ve seen the plant Veg and Flower and you know when to push it and when to back off. You’re better prepared for the flip knowing how much or little it’ll stretch. Most importantly you know when it’s going to finish to your liking so you’re better prepared to adjust the nutrients at the end.
          Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

• HappyDaze
            HappyDaze commented
            Editing a comment
            Obi-Wan Thanks, some of it is just having a little more confidence in what you're doing, and that makes a difference. But you said "when" three times in your post....it really is about your timing, you can't just get that from a book.

Anuenki I understand having limits on your space. I used to have a condo and had to be very careful with my odor control and lights. There was no way I could leave a little plant on my counter with a light on it. Hopefully your next seed is as amazing as what you're growing.

Cheers guys

Day 14 flower.

Comment

• Anuenki
            Anuenki commented
            Editing a comment
            I appreciate that man! Hopefully my quality will be on par with yours.

• MeestaFeesha
            MeestaFeesha commented
            Editing a comment
            Man, that looks pretty, training looks great. I wish I could take an above picture like that, 🤔...we'll see! I think my 3 younger ladies are on about the same track as yours, maybe a week ahead.
            Last edited by MeestaFeesha; 08-13-2019, 06:55 PM. Reason: Spelling

• Anuenki
            Anuenki commented
            Editing a comment
            thank you! Im actually so glad i have the multi qb setup. One of my girls is on steroids compared to the others so it’s nice being able to set the lights different heights.

Hey guys, sorry it has been some time since the last post. I did run into a few problems with my girls once i switched to flower sadly but i believe i have rectified them all. I am going to do an update for each girl.

Comment

• s62
            s62 commented
            Editing a comment
            Looking forward to it

This is wedding cake #1 this girl has been the biggest and fastest growing her whole life. After flipping to flower she had some ph and light burn issues but we have sorted that out. Also she is my only girl turning purple, and looks to be going almost completely purple! She also seems to be the most sativa leaning pheno and will definitely be taking the longest to flower.

Comment

Wedding cake #2. This girl has always been the runt and has struggled but after flipping to flower she has been going beautifully and only has some slight light burn.

Comment

• HappyDaze
              HappyDaze commented
              Editing a comment
              That's going to be a great yield, the flower leaves are stacked so tightly together...great plant!

• Anuenki
              Anuenki commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks happy! It is crazy seeing as how this girl almost died and has struggled its whole life. Goes to show never count one of these plants out!

Gelat.Og #1. This girl had some major calcium deficiency and ph problems. Took me some time to get it fixed due to mis diagnoses. I think she is finally ok now, and she has had a little more defoliation than the others. She also looks to be a little faster progressing than her sisters.

Comment

• SirSmksAlot
              SirSmksAlot commented
              Editing a comment
              She is looking fantastic! I can't wait to pop my gelato og's. Gotta wait till after Oct 14th to start them.

• Anuenki
              Anuenki commented
              Editing a comment
              Smells fantastic. Very fruity desserty.

Gelat.Og #2. Had some slight calcium deficiency on this girl as well as some light burn. She is fattening up nicely.

Comment

Came to learn that Og strains are calcium hungry... good to know for next grow.

Comment

• MeestaFeesha
                MeestaFeesha commented
                Editing a comment
                They're all looking lovely, you're doin awesome bud!

• Anuenki
                Anuenki commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you so much... it means a lot. Already looking forward to my next grow where i can make less mistakes!

So as you can see this girl is reallly fricken pretty but some of these fan leaves are starting to die... is this phosphorus deficiency or something?

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                9fingerleafs commented
                Editing a comment
                i dont think its a deficiency because the browning and drying of the leaves is not even across the plant and most importantly its only in the leaves closest to the lights (for what i can see from the pics) so i dont know what this could be, hopefully someone knows better

Here are some more pics... any thoughts?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                I don't think there's a deficiency either, could be just like a slight fade modeled from the light. Keep eyes on the top of bud nearest to light if it's bleaching? But I've had the same type of leaf from certain strains really didn't effect bud quality. They are just beautiful Anuenki great job.

• Anuenki
                Anuenki commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks a lot soOrb. I will keep an eye. Reason i feel like it is phos drficiency is this girl is about twice the size of my other girls and i had to flush a bit to get the ph correct. So i know i for sure flushed out some nutrients doing so.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X