Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grow journal, Soil, LED, LST, FIM, Blue Moon (blueberry x ice cream)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grow journal, Soil, LED, LST, FIM, Blue Moon (blueberry x ice cream)

Hi guys new here decided to start with a journal I already have it posted else where I’m already 4 weeks in but it doesn’t seem to be active so moving it here.... thanks for looking

was in the dispensary with my wife they had a basket of seeds joked around that we should try growing not expecting a go for it!
    picked up some blue moon seeds dropped them in water until they cracked went from there to paper towel untill tap root was 1/4-1/2 inch long and then into jiffy peat pellets 4 days from seed and i now have 3 babies happily growing, gonna wait till i have more root development and pot up into a 4" pot and then finally into a CuFt fabric pot. right most plant may have been stretching as she was up first and i still had the humidity cover on or its just cause shes a day older, left and middle broke soil at the exact same time and are also the exact same size. looking forward to continuing this journey.

The girls are growing nicely haven’t decided if they are stretching or not right now led is only running veg so 100w. I’m thinking I’m either gonna repot them up to a 4” pot tonight when I get home or tomorrow morning. Gotta get a fan on them and see if they are still looking stretched after I may be switching on veg+bloom for the full 185w

Comment

I Have decided my girls are not stretching now all fan leaves are remaining tight together... I lowered the like to 12” last Wednesday as well as potted in 4” pots as I was experiencing some yellowing of the first serrated leaves, by Friday the leaves on two plants were curling like tacos, Saturday morning I decided to raise the light back to 18” and angle the fan down at them some more. When I checked them on Sunday the leaves seem to have went back to normal however are slightly deformed now, growth is really starting to pick up

Comment

Ok I have decided that these girls possibly do not like me.... started with possible stretching in week one then moved onto cupping in week two. week three we saw some yellowing and now in week four we have some major clawing which I have repositioned my fan to try alleviate this issue. we are also seeing some yellowing in the first serrated leaves so I’m unsure if I’m having a nitrogen deficiency but they are grown in a premium organic potting mix and made sure that there was no time release fertilizers in it so I should be ok for nutrients. I have been watering every other or third day I wait until the top is bone dry before soaking pot through this doesn’t seem to have a effect on the clawing symptoms... I may try raising my light a little more see but pretty much this has turned into 1000ways to kill a plant.

Comment

I learned as well, LED lighting is better 18-24" away, possible more for younger seedlings..I think for my WW I had it around 26" (highest I could go!)

For the soil, did you happen to add anything to it? I looove Perlite, but I'm not seeing any there.
          Meesta's Grow
          2019 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-meesta-s-grow

2020 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ta-s-2020-grow

Comment

I amended my garden soil with peat and cow/sheep manure as well as guano and ground up fish bones I think it was a white powder just said fish fertilizer. After rototillering this into my garden I mixed 50/50 with fresh organic vegetable soil I bought and then filled all my pots with this mixture... light is at 18” from the top of the seedlings now heading into work but I’ll get updated pics tonight

Comment

It sounds to me like all the t's are crossed and i's are dotted. It may be that the soil is a little too hearty for your plants right now. They're young, and the focus is on the roots, they'd like a breathable space to expand in order to support what's above. If your soil drains very well, I would believe it's more that there is an abundance of nutrients that they are absorbing. A plant so young is sensitive, and in my opinion should not be receiving macro-nutrients of any kind.

Before I put things in the ground (mind you, it's not 'pot' a majority of the time) I do a soil test to gauge the starting point. Don't want to add too much nitrogen to nitrogen rich soil, etc., otherwise dig a hole 2-3x larger and use your own mix, without that of your own soil if it's not the best quality. Is your plan to go to ground?
              Meesta's Grow

Comment

Nope they will be thrown in a tent for flowering. Snapped these befor work lower set of leaves are dead... the soil drains fast and is fairly loose ... I’ll be watering them tonight they should have been watered before I left but I wanna see what they do with a lack of water for the 9h I’m here but I’m pretty confident that the 2 or three days between watering is pretty decent I’m kinda wondering if it is the light tho maby I do need too pull it way up
                Last edited by c0ryp1; 07-05-2019, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• FatBoy40
                  FatBoy40 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Is that a cereal bowl? May need a different container.

I'm sorry - but my opinion is - that's a sad looking plant. Good story - you are an eager grower and want to do what's best. Not sure what that is for your plant - but - next time you have to get the roots established with proper grow medium - add 30% of your mix with perlite - And grow from there. Happy roots make for a happy plant which follows with lots of flowers.
                Good luck growing.
                ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
                Mars Hydro
                Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Originally posted by Canuck147 View Post
                  I'm sorry - but my opinion is - that's a sad looking plant. Good story - you are an eager grower and want to do what's best. Not sure what that is for your plant - but - next time you have to get the roots established with proper grow medium - add 30% of your mix with perlite - And grow from there. Happy roots make for a happy plant which follows with lots of flowers.
                  Good luck growing.
                  Yea I’ll eventually get it right....

Comment

Little update hit plants with a 25% strength ferts and watered befor I left for the weekend... just returned and the end two plants were looking a lot better so I decided to FIM them, middle plant which is the worst now has all leaves except the new growth dried and wilted so I will just grow this untill it dies or maby just LST it into a spiral....I’ll sleep on it... also ordered a 10l bag of perlite from amazon and I’ll remix my 1cuft fabric pots with some so the soil will be a little better and will have better soil for the next set.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	28EDC8B2-6109-483E-9222-267F10B7B7F9.jpeg
Views:	164
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	320685
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by c0ryp1; 07-07-2019, 05:37 PM.

Comment

What does it take to do something right? Experience. How does one get the most experience? Learning from mistakes! What's the kids' rhyme, "if at first we don't succeed, try and try again". Educate yourself a bit more through the web and watch how things take off 😎
                      Meesta's Grow

Comment

Oh I’ve been reading tons trust me... I’m pretty sure I screwed these. Plants from the start I hope I get a small harvest off of them even if it’s a gram it’s gonna be the best damn gram I’ve ever smoked lmao

Comment

A young plant like that especially with that much nutrients in the soil you should be watering every day the little plants roots are small and are not reaching the bottom of the pots yet so they can’t reach the water to get a drink. Also the daily watering will help flush some of the extra nutrients the plants are absorbing since you have so much nutrients in the soil you should just water water water til they are happy n bottom leaves start to turn yellowish or plant is super light green those are signs of nutrient deficiencies. The lights hot and drying the soil on top where the roots are right now if that makes sense hope that helps always wait I know it’s hard til at least 3 or 4th node to FIM your plants maybe happy looking but just went threw the ringer with all the stresses and changes don’t do to much at one time but your learning it’s a process.
                          Happy Smoking
                          ​​​​ **Super420**

Comment

Also try instead of trying to start with a super mix soil go with the tried and trusted soils Fox Farms are a great medium and only 20 bucks for a 2cu ft bag I mix happy frog and ocean forest they love it!! Just my 2 sense I’ll be running super mix next time but u got to have all the testers and make your mix let it sit a few days n run soil tests to make sure all the parameters fall in the guide lines for the recommended soil medium for marijuana!! Good luck
                            Happy Smoking
                            ​​​​ **Super420**

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                            X