Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grow journal, Soil, LED, LST, FIM, Blue Moon (blueberry x ice cream)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Supermoto182 View Post
    A young plant like that especially with that much nutrients in the soil you should be watering every day the little plants roots are small and are not reaching the bottom of the pots yet so they can’t reach the water to get a drink. Also the daily watering will help flush some of the extra nutrients the plants are absorbing since you have so much nutrients in the soil you should just water water water til they are happy n bottom leaves start to turn yellowish or plant is super light green those are signs of nutrient deficiencies. The lights hot and drying the soil on top where the roots are right now if that makes sense hope that helps always wait I know it’s hard til at least 3 or 4th node to FIM your plants maybe happy looking but just went threw the ringer with all the stresses and changes don’t do to much at one time but your learning it’s a process.
    Won’t I over water them if I am watering every day? How much should I be watering if I do that? Soaking the pot with run off or half cup sorta thing

Comment

• Supermoto182
      Supermoto182 commented
      Editing a comment
      If bottom of the pots are still wet like beyond damp than just a half cup would be sufficient. Only time u need to water to run off is a flush after feeding but based on your soil they should have plenty of nutrients in the soil I wouldn’t feed yet cause really if u don’t got a root structure than there are no roots to soak up the nutrients and your kinda wasting them. Best thing would be if your hose water is fine to use without having to adjust pH than get a nozzle that has a mist function and mist them daily they love it just don’t leave water on leaves either let plants sit a few mins to dry n let foliage soak up water before back under the lights so u don’t burn them. Also if u are anxious to feed seedlings best way is to use a foliage/foliar nutrient in use a supplement called super thrive works well. Foliage nutrients are great as a supplement to your root nutrients it is not a feeding plan.. can also use a fish emulsion,kelp,seaweed,root booster(great white) mix nutrients at 1/4 recommended strength in a gallon and put in a spray bottle n spray right after lights out top and bottom of leaves. There a product called Harvest Alive too for a foliage spray look it up if recommend it the best thing about foliage nutrients are they repair deficiencies quicker and help plant from being stressed out.. look into it and adjust as needed and find what works for ur lip girls!! From one Corey to another smoke on keep at it!! PM any questions u got bruh

I don’t know why I haven’t looked at the bottom of the pots but I turned one over today Click image for larger version

Name:	D20825DF-ECA5-45DA-AC8C-7903DE0CCBE8.jpeg
Views:	166
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	321091
    i will be moving them into there final pot between tommorow and the weekend

Comment

• Supermoto182
      Supermoto182 commented
      Editing a comment
      Are those the roots sticking out the bottom of the pots I can’t really tell but when u move them if that’s a root ball take a butter knife and loosen up around the edges of the pot and plant the whole root ball try not to disturb them and if ur gonna amend the soil get the new pot rdy and amended and plant them in new pots wait til u see new growth than start ur nutrient feeding. I’d go pick up some super thrive from Lowe’s before u transplant and spray them after u water the transplant it helps with transplant shock and I use it every couple days.

Yea that’s the roots it’s not solid root on the bottom but now I’m wondering if they are a little root bound

Comment

• Supermoto182
      Supermoto182 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea there definitely root bound!! Move them ASAP I recommend grow bags at least 5gal the grow bag (smart pots) prune roots send some pics of tops of plants too plz.. there definitely big enough to feed base nutrients and look into supplements. Since your organic soil id stay organic nutrients and there are boosters too (sweetener) with your flower nutrients. I would stay away from chemical nutrients cause your growing for yourself.. ya know!!

I’m using:
      Base Nutrients: Bio Vega, Alaska Fish Emulison
      Supplementing with Buried Treasure Liquid Guano, Hi-Brix Molasses, Advanced Nutrients B-52 For round #1 Feeding
      Rounds #2 Feeding
      Base: Bio-Vega, Fish Emulsion
      Supplement: Advanced Nutrients B-52, Advanced Nutrients Piranha, Advanced Nutrients Tarantula, Advanced Nutrients Voodoo Juice

Schedule Goes: Round #1 / Water W/ Root Booster / Round #2

Nice thing with organic is u can feed more and not burn plants.. bigger roots, Nutrient Metabolism (AN B-52) bigger yields!

Also every other day am using a Foliage Nutrient Spray made of Liquid Kelp/seaweed/low dose of fish emulsion/root enhancer/Harvest Alive that is mix as 1 gallon n use in spray bottle
      Days I don’t use my Foliage Nutrients i use Super Thrive!!

That’s what I’m doing you can take and tweak it how u want but ur doing good keep it up it’s addictive and fun with bonus fruit of your labors 😃😃👍

I’m outdoors atm but soil supplements are the same inside or outside just container sizes change plus I got to deal with weather but that gives u a idea of where to start. Just remember to feed at lights off with organic nutrients so the light don’t cook all the micro biology organisms so they can work over night and get into roots and soil.. Good Luck!!

Here’s one of the 2 that are actually doing decent shot from above Click image for larger version

Name:	BBA9CAC1-FC51-4052-9DD2-652A48D0564C.jpeg
Views:	161
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	321241

Comment

Finally had time to remix my large pots with perlite and re pot. Root balls were not as bad as I thought but leaves have greened up and plants are looking stronger. Gonna throw the weakest outside as I figured that would be better then the garbage can. I am going to pickup some Mylar and build my tent in the coming days Click image for larger version

Name:	A9055714-D2CD-4E3D-B0FE-32F34BBA39C0.jpeg
Views:	167
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	321858Click image for larger version

Name:	5392C037-C4EE-47FC-8FE5-BFFAF3278B7B.jpeg
Views:	147
Size:	2.45 MB
ID:	321859Click image for larger version

Name:	070C0C17-69AF-4B1D-974C-2C3C7FB4EF5B.jpeg
Views:	167
Size:	2.26 MB
ID:	321860

Comment

What size tents are you building and what are you gonna build it out of meaning the frame?? I was thinking about trying to make one out of pvc pipe like 4’x4’x6’ that’s LxWxH also was thinking of making one for clones I see growace makes a clone tent it’s like 3x3x2 your doing good though there gonna like those bags
        Happy Smoking
        ​​​​ **Super420**

Comment

5weeks In so hopefully these girls start to grow a little faster now I can see new branches starting to grow at the nodes now so hopefully in 7 weeks I can swap these to flower. Forgot to add these photos Click image for larger version

Name:	ED391A11-A894-4F14-9558-F01841FE7F1F.jpeg
Views:	160
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	321882Click image for larger version

Name:	5F76BD5B-6ADC-4812-9F70-FD29FE14978B.jpeg
Views:	166
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	321884
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Supermoto182 View Post
            What size tents are you building and what are you gonna build it out of meaning the frame?? I was thinking about trying to make one out of pvc pipe like 4’x4’x6’ that’s LxWxH also was thinking of making one for clones I see growace makes a clone tent it’s like 3x3x2 your doing good though there gonna like those bags
            I was thinking pvc I own a 3d printer so I can print the weird corner t’s I need but in all honesty I’m lazy so most likely I’m gonna just hang the Mylar sheet off the ceiling

Comment

• HappyDaze
              HappyDaze commented
              Editing a comment
              You can buy PVC three way corner elbows for a buck and a half a piece at the big box stores, but printing your own sounds like fun. Tents are so cheap now, it`s really hard to build one cheaper than you can buy it, and you`re never going to build anything as air tight as a factory made tent. Is odor control a non-issue.

They are in my laundry room
            theres a bathroom fan in there that automatically turns on and off with humidity plus I have a 4” inline fan hanging around from my old reef tank days for my halides that I was running at the time so I can also will set up a carbon scrubber during flower with the door to the laundry room closed I’m not expecting a smell issue

Comment

• MeestaFeesha
              MeestaFeesha commented
              Editing a comment
              That's a nice fan to have when it gets hot/humid. It's my understanding that for an indoor grow you'll be wanting to circulate the air in the room 2-3x a minute (someone please correct me). So your CFM is a function of room size multiplied by 2 or 3 (wait for an indoor grower to chime in).

• HappyDaze
              HappyDaze commented
              Editing a comment
              MeestaFeesha you got the number right, just the reverse of the ratio.....one air change of room volume every three minutes is a standard rule.

I have one of Thoes small 8” fans mounted to the roof for air circulation and then the fan that turns on and off to keep the basement cool/drier I’m not actually sure why it was in there when I bought the house usually it only turns on when I’m doing laundry but I have noticed it on randomly as well and it’s more frequently on now that the plants are going but it’s still not on100% of the time I think it turns on at 50% humidity tho... My temps and humidity have been pretty stable at 24.5 and 45% night time lows of 23 and 42% on my temp display thingy max has been 26.5 and 65% mostlikely when my drier was running

Comment

Not much of an update this week didnt like how much light was being lost with the plate being in the corner so I built a ghetto fabulous tent out of a emergency blanket found at the dollar store. plants are growing quickly when not sure I FIMed them correctly I got half the top node and parts of the other side branches...plants seem to be still growing vertically altho side shoots are about an inch now...time will tell also no signs of sex yet
              Attached Files

Comment

• Supermoto182
                Supermoto182 commented
                Editing a comment
                Damn but thought you had feminized seed.. anyhows maybe able to still influence them but think it’s to late but next time you get some reg seeds there is a trick oldjarhead100 told me about so I’ll pass it along.
                Trick to Get More Females than male plant....

First:
                -When your girls have there second set of true leaves you increase N (I mix up 5 gallons of water with N in it ) decrease light to 14 hours, increase humidity and reduce the temp if you do these things from the time they have there 2nd set of true leaves until there 4th is in they will grow more females than males
                Second:
                - if you go online type in Raw nutrients they have a package of nitrogen and follow the directions ,to increase humidity I put a plastic tote over them one time ,then this year I had to many plants to go under the tote so I closed them in with a humidifier it raised it over 50 % and to lower the temp I blew cooler air into the tent tent was 70 degrees cellar 60 so as you can see it wasn't drastic changes but just a little . its kind of hard to lower the temp and raise the humidity so I'm not sure if that helped but the N and lights at 14 hours gave me 48 females out of 51 seeds. This information comes from J Cervantes bible page 21

There ya go buddy all’s looking good mine still are not showing sex either thats okay cause I want them to keep growing more I’m about to do my second set of toppings. Also trick to FIM is let the node start to sprout and the new top get enough out to cut a solid 80% leave about a 1/8 inch of the new shout get it before the top opens up idea is to not cut to far down so where the fan leaves where gonna open up and where the node branches would normally come sprout is still there and able to grow. Than when you see 2 new sprouts coming out pull the two longer nodes growing over so the 2 in the middle can get light or else the 2 longer ones will block the light. Just remember use sterile clippers always when pruning and give time for the plant to get healthy and growing before u top again when u top it’s considered a High Stress Training because ur cutting it also when u top the node u top at do not cut the big fan leaves at the same time cause they soak up the light an provide chlorophyll to the plant to help it grow make sure to always top and prune before u feed them and give them nutrients to help them repair faster and help with stress!! Keep at it my first topping I killed the plant lol than my first FIM I cut to small and I had 5 new tops but 3 never grew right. Keep at it your learning and I’d advise if u wanna FIM do that first than just top the 4 new tops u get but max 2 tops after FIM so a total of 3 tops remember u can top your nodes also if plants strong enough but topping always slows plants down so that’s just longer u gotta keep it in veg phase!! Good Job keep at it, it’s a learning process and u get better every time!!
                Last edited by Supermoto182; 07-20-2019, 10:44 PM.

Yea no it’s was 12 seeds for 40 there was actually 14 in little baggy... thanks for the info I’ll definitely do that for the next set..for now I’ll just keep putting girls into the universe and it will reward me🤣... I think one is female but it’s only one tiny preflower hair that I can see right now

Comment

Week 7 now not much to report messed up the fim for sure as it started to grow another set of nodes....so I decided too then top it. Side shoot are really growing now... other then that enjoy the picture wall
                Click image for larger version  Name:	9FD39E1D-ED75-446C-9BB7-29F04FBE0111.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.38 MB ID:	325607Click image for larger version  Name:	4D885EAC-CAE5-449C-B890-EC4B7C2603D7.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.38 MB ID:	325609Click image for larger version  Name:	42DCD821-1921-4DA7-8C44-2A47B0A8B66D.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.73 MB ID:	325610Click image for larger version  Name:	256FAE05-7725-4590-8C57-258B9D7285CB.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.53 MB ID:	325614Click image for larger version  Name:	8847D164-7CDF-4E98-A2A2-8F002475448C.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	566.9 KB ID:	325613
                Attached Files

Comment

Week 8: plants grew a little more and the branches were long enough to do some LST this week...depending how fast they grow hoping to swap to flower in 2 weeks
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	FB9856A6-5DF0-4848-9B5A-A71380615C05.jpeg
Views:	143
Size:	4.24 MB
ID:	328104Click image for larger version

Name:	D2026550-B827-4799-BF80-32A55DE1AAE9.jpeg
Views:	173
Size:	3.58 MB
ID:	328101
                  Attached Files

Comment

Week 9: I have decided I’m going to switch to flower after next week plants growing well...

Name:	29037BC4-98E0-45B4-B2A5-39D4F2042EEC.jpeg
Views:	170
Size:	2.46 MB
ID:	329422
                    unfortunately I think I have a male....

Name:	BAF03C37-935E-4790-9121-223B9E72619D.jpeg
Views:	135
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	329420
                    can anyone confirm?
                    but I also think I have a female...

Name:	740E06C0-DF5C-4BBC-93CE-4116381B43D5.jpeg
Views:	140
Size:	895.3 KB
ID:	329421

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X