RDWC Soon....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toker1 View Post
    Here is the book I was talking about. He says if you follow his methods to the “T”. You can yield 3lbs per 1000w light.
    https://threealight.com/
    yes yes I know about the schwazzing and defoliating the plant along with topping, screening, training etc bro lol

okay so another question and I'm not trying to get you guys to give me an GUARANTEED answer...
    I'm asking more of IF YOU HAD THIS SET UP I'm attempting to create WOULD IT BE EFFICIENT FOR YOU IN GENERAL TYPE OF ANSWERS...

like reading it on paper, DOES IT LOOK GREAT ON PAPER TYPE OF ANSWERS YA KNOW LOL

how about 2 600 w hps lights with 2 air cooled hoods and ballasts IF I decide NOT to add an co2 tank, still possible??

I feel like I'm short selling myself with two 600w lights in attempt to equal out to 1000w

but coverage coverage coverage is the goal but I NEED LIGHT PENETRATION INTO THE PLANTS
    so I probably will add the co2 tank.... will this help the 2 600w lights??

but if I do will the light of 2 600w hps with the 2 air cooled hoods and c02 tank do the trick of yielding 2 pounds and a half ????

assuming the LIGHT COVERAGE IS THERE from the 2 600w lights..

BUT if I was to buy ONE double ended 1000w light with an AIR COOLED HOOD to stretch the light through out the tent
    would that be a enough coverage and light for all THREE plants?????

and I also thought about adding a combo of ONE 1000w HPS DE + 600W HPS + c02 tank .... how does this sound ??

Comment

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Right. But how far apart should the branches be spaced? This has a lot to do with yield and is completely strain dependent. All anyone can say, is with proper set up and technique you can max out at 1g per watt or so.
      I have gotten great yields with little to no defoliation.
      I would say efficiency is low, especially when you have small little seedlings and you are blasting them with 600-1000w.
      Now when the tent is all filled up from one end to the other...that efficiency seems good to me. But the first month or two (juvenile plants) will not be efficient at all.

the goal RIGHT is construct the FOUNDATION of the system to yield this amount without question even if I have to make changes which is why I am here...

I will make the changes to be efficient as possible in all areas

Comment

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I would start them off on a much smaller wattage. Increase the light intensity as the plants grow larger.

Something I forgot to include to your detailed list of items was circulation fans. Oscillating fans that blow across the plant tops. Very important.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Comment

Toker1 the first 3 strains I;ll plant are

1. Pineapple Chunk

2. Critical Cheese or Critical Jack

3. Cookies Kush

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Planting 3 strains that are different will lead to different plant heights. So if one becomes taller, or is more prone to stretching...that could be your limiting factor.
          Unfortunately none of those strains will ever yield 1gram per watt no matter what you do. They are all only medium yielding. Expect to max out at 1/2 g per watt. .
          Last edited by Toker1; 06-20-2019, 04:25 PM.

Something I forgot to include to your detailed list of items was circulation fans. Oscillating fans that blow across the plant tops. Very important.
        got it on the list

these are high quality strain, no?? anything better in mind??

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, high quality. Just not big yielders. I have had good yields with Sour Diesel, Wonder Woman, white Buffalo, and incredible bulk.

Toker1 most are either 75% indica or PURE indica

critical cheese indica dominant with yields of 500+ from dinafem - THC 18-21%

cookies kush pure indica with yields of 500+ from barneysfarm - THC 21-24%

pineapple chunk pure indica with yields of 500+ from barneysfarm - THC 21-25%

along with the others I've picked out that I didn;t list

so how would they not work in a perfect environment???

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          They will work. That’s a standard yield rate. The ones I mentioned above are yielding around 800-1000 per m2. This is the maximum.

• HappyDaze
          HappyDaze commented
          Editing a comment
          In a perfect environment... wow, if I could dial in a perfect environment, I'd be consulting for Tweed and Aurora. YMMV with the advertised yields the breeders post...ya don't know until you grow 'em in your set-up.

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Great point HappyDaze

Toker1

that's wild I had incredible bulk on the list as well

along with gorilla candy, white siberian, tangerine dream, borderliner xtrm, gelato, chemdog, thc bomb, amnesia haze, violator kush, royal domina, tangerine dream, critical jack, critical +, critical 2.0, and violator kush

anymore you recommend for STRONG yields and great potency ???

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I hear aurora from nirvana is a heavy yielder and potent. I have never tried this strain so can not comment directly.

HappyDaze Toker1 yeah... I'm just saying it's not as hard as people think it is ESPECIALLY when you have the right set up

you just have to be disciplined to feed, observe, train & treat your plants with proper care as they grow accordingly

but I do believe most of it advertised for sales that's why I did research on them before I picked them

btw does anyone know of anyone pulling fresh air from an air vent ?? maybe with an adapter????

I had a great idea to have some like this

if someone steals this idea and gets rich, know that I know I made it and presented it to the internet first! l

the idea is for me to unscrew the old vent and replace it with this new one while still functioning and pulling fresh air into the tent !

Last edited by JungleChild; 06-20-2019, 05:33 PM.

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s more about experience. Once you do it a few times, it becomes easier. Most people learn well from others, but find out more questions they never even thought to ask after a grow or two. So much variability in the process. It’s all about controlling those unaccounted for variables.
          I have ventilation hooked up to my vents. Kind of like that, but I just pull/push air directly through the open ports.
          Last edited by Toker1; 06-20-2019, 05:46 PM.

NebulaHaze HappyDaze Toker1 SiriusFourside Click image for larger version  Name:	duct hose.jpg Views:	1 Size:	74.6 KB ID:	317014

Comment

Yeah, been doing that for years.

Comment

Yeah, been doing that for years.
            is that intake or exhaust on the vent you have Toker1 ??

and I guess I could take one of these, connect the duct hose and wire it to one side of the vent through the 4 holes on the adapter thing
            Click image for larger version  Name:	71kcFHbOYdL._SL1500_.jpg Views:	1 Size:	78.2 KB ID:	317021

Comment

• Toker1
              Toker1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes...That one is an intake. On the other side of the room is my exhaust. Set up the same way.
              I just fastened mine with bolts and a drill.

Toker1 gave you the best advice. Start a little small and grow into it.

I understand better now what your goals are, and here's how I'd get there. First I'd set a budget, and try hard to stay within it. The sky is the limit with what you can spend on this hobby and setting a cap on the $$$ investment will help you make good decisions. I'd go with the 4 x 8 tent and get an inexpensive 1000W dimmable electronic ballast that'll power a MH or HPS bulb, with a good vented reflector. I'd get a good 6" can fan, paying attention to the air volume it can move, and the noise it's going to generate and hook it to a good carbon filter. They're not all equal and good equipment will have the numbers available, so you can compare. Dress out your tent with all the little stuff you mentioned and build a basic 4 x 5 gallon bucket RDWC setup with a decent sized control rez in one end of the tent. Run it with the genetics you've selected, feeding them whatever you prefer and see where you're at after at least 2 or 3 runs. Then you can make some educated decisions about how to get from an easy pound, to 2+, and you'll have the basics to get there.

Maybe you'll discover that you need supplemental cooling or heating or a dehumidifier or a chiller and maybe you'll see that you don't. You'll only come to those conclusions by actually running in the environment where you live and grow over a period of time.

Here's a good example of a limit on my grows...humidity management. I'm in Alberta, Canada and during the winter, it's 30% RH in my basement, pretty dry to start seedlings, so I throw a desktop humidifier in my room when I kick them off. Six weeks later, the room is pretty sweaty from the plants and room temps are high. You know what I have to worry about then? I worry that the vent on the side of the house is going ice off, block the exhaust and my plants will get fried. Not something I foresaw when I thought about my grow room humidity. Should I buy a dehumidifier, heat trace the vent, bring in a new cooling air supply just to cool the lamp and buy all the controls to regulate temps or go outside every night and kick the lump of frost off the vent cap?

The point is, there's no way you're going to realize all the things you'll run into, until you knock your head against them.

I'm looking forward to seeing how you do. Please keep posting as you progress, it's fun to see people get growing and succeed.
            Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
            400W HPS Mag Ballast
            GH Floro - DWC
            Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
            - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
            IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
            Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
            GH Maxi Series-DWC
            Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
            - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
            - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

Btw, if you ever do have an idea...patent it first before sharing. Putting it on the internet first is no right to claim. In fact, Putin it out on the internet does quite the opposite. I believe It becomes public domaine.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyDaze View Post
                Toker1 gave you the best advice. Start a little small and grow into it.

I understand better now what your goals are, and here's how I'd get there. First I'd set a budget, and try hard to stay within it. The sky is the limit with what you can spend on this hobby and setting a cap on the $$$ investment will help you make good decisions. I'd go with the 4 x 8 tent and get an inexpensive 1000W dimmable electronic ballast that'll power a MH or HPS bulb, with a good vented reflector. I'd get a good 6" can fan, paying attention to the air volume it can move, and the noise it's going to generate and hook it to a good carbon filter. They're not all equal and good equipment will have the numbers available, so you can compare. Dress out your tent with all the little stuff you mentioned and build a basic 4 x 5 gallon bucket RDWC setup with a decent sized control rez in one end of the tent. Run it with the genetics you've selected, feeding them whatever you prefer and see where you're at after at least 2 or 3 runs. Then you can make some educated decisions about how to get from an easy pound, to 2+, and you'll have the basics to get there.

Maybe you'll discover that you need supplemental cooling or heating or a dehumidifier or a chiller and maybe you'll see that you don't. You'll only come to those conclusions by actually running in the environment where you live and grow over a period of time.

Here's a good example of a limit on my grows...humidity management. I'm in Alberta, Canada and during the winter, it's 30% RH in my basement, pretty dry to start seedlings, so I throw a desktop humidifier in my room when I kick them off. Six weeks later, the room is pretty sweaty from the plants and room temps are high. You know what I have to worry about then? I worry that the vent on the side of the house is going ice off, block the exhaust and my plants will get fried. Not something I foresaw when I thought about my grow room humidity. Should I buy a dehumidifier, heat trace the vent, bring in a new cooling air supply just to cool the lamp and buy all the controls to regulate temps or go outside every night and kick the lump of frost off the vent cap?

The point is, there's no way you're going to realize all the things you'll run into, until you knock your head against them.

I'm looking forward to seeing how you do. Please keep posting as you progress, it's fun to see people get growing and succeed.
                most def. brother! beautiful information! adjustments in real time is the only key to conquer limitations the future holds!

also wanted to ask what are you favorite strains to grow?

Comment

• HappyDaze
                  HappyDaze commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I grow the easy stuff, always photos, usually feminized. I like plants with low odor when they're flowering and my favorite is whatever I'm currently growing.

Some history...

Humboldt's Fem Blue Dream
                  DinaFem Fem Blue Widow
                  Humboldt's Green Crk
                  Mulberry's Malawi
                  Dutch Passion's Fem White Widow
                  TGA's Jazz & Jazz Queen
                  and a few other things from a couple of Canadian breeders no one's ever heard of.

I've got a TGA Girl Scout Cookies x ? cross I'm going to get started on soon and there's some Malberry Mosambiquen Poison and Med-Man's version of Charlotte's Web growing in a bucket in the backyard, just waiting for them to show sex so I can take clones.

I doubt that any of these, except maybe the Green Crk would meet your requirements...The G.C. is a Skunk cross, pretty potent and heavy buds, you might like it. I think alltatup has some G.C. going now. Maybe you could ask her how she likes growing it

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Guilty as charged. Cali Conn's version. She's been a strong grower all along, so the seed was a good one.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X