Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Guilty as charged. Cali Conn's version. She's been a strong grower all along, so the seed was a good one.

• HappyDaze
    commented on 's reply
    Best grow for yield was probably TGA Jazz Queen... two plants in a 80 liter DWC, veg and flower under 600-1000W. That was probably 20 Oz. The seeds were started under LED January 10th last year and harvest was May 26th.

I grow strictly for personal use, so I rarely weigh anything. I gave away a half pound of the JQ to my girlfriend's pal, which I did weigh, so the 20 Oz is pretty accurate.

Best strain as far as smoke quality was definitely the Malawi. It was a lousy set-up and I didn't have a clue how to grow long flowering 4 1/2 foot tall sativas, but those were nice plants that I know I'll do better with next time.

My dirt plants have never given me more than a couple of ounces per plant. In the past, I haven't shown much patience for growing in soil because it seems so slow compared to hydro. I gotta change my attitude to get the soil grows to perform.

• JungleChild
    replied
    HappyDaze lol we kinda have the same criteria on bud selections.

I want the low odor buds as well but I need it to make up for it potency, density, & yield without a doubt

and I only grow photo fems as well, I have yet to THINK about an auto plant, even tho the autoflowering switch is cool

I feel more natural with control of the switch

with autos I feel like I lose that bc of stretch to flower ratios needs and much more

what's been the best yield strain / situation for you so far? and how many plants do you run per grow?? dwc, coco, supersoil, ?

Leave a comment:

• HappyDaze
    commented on 's reply
    I grow the easy stuff, always photos, usually feminized. I like plants with low odor when they're flowering and my favorite is whatever I'm currently growing.

Some history...

Humboldt's Fem Blue Dream
    DinaFem Fem Blue Widow
    Humboldt's Green Crk
    Mulberry's Malawi
    Dutch Passion's Fem White Widow
    TGA's Jazz & Jazz Queen
    and a few other things from a couple of Canadian breeders no one's ever heard of.

I've got a TGA Girl Scout Cookies x ? cross I'm going to get started on soon and there's some Malberry Mosambiquen Poison and Med-Man's version of Charlotte's Web growing in a bucket in the backyard, just waiting for them to show sex so I can take clones.

I doubt that any of these, except maybe the Green Crk would meet your requirements...The G.C. is a Skunk cross, pretty potent and heavy buds, you might like it. I think alltatup has some G.C. going now. Maybe you could ask her how she likes growing it

• JungleChild
    replied
    going to update the list and blueprints very shortly

Leave a comment:

• JungleChild
    replied
    Originally posted by Toker1 View Post
    Btw, if you ever do have an idea...patent it first before sharing. Putting it on the internet first is no right to claim. In fact, Putin it out on the internet does quite the opposite. I believe It becomes public domaine.
    lol I know tokez, I'm just joking

Leave a comment:

• JungleChild
    replied
    Originally posted by HappyDaze View Post
    Toker1 gave you the best advice. Start a little small and grow into it.

I understand better now what your goals are, and here's how I'd get there. First I'd set a budget, and try hard to stay within it. The sky is the limit with what you can spend on this hobby and setting a cap on the $$$ investment will help you make good decisions. I'd go with the 4 x 8 tent and get an inexpensive 1000W dimmable electronic ballast that'll power a MH or HPS bulb, with a good vented reflector. I'd get a good 6" can fan, paying attention to the air volume it can move, and the noise it's going to generate and hook it to a good carbon filter. They're not all equal and good equipment will have the numbers available, so you can compare. Dress out your tent with all the little stuff you mentioned and build a basic 4 x 5 gallon bucket RDWC setup with a decent sized control rez in one end of the tent. Run it with the genetics you've selected, feeding them whatever you prefer and see where you're at after at least 2 or 3 runs. Then you can make some educated decisions about how to get from an easy pound, to 2+, and you'll have the basics to get there.

Maybe you'll discover that you need supplemental cooling or heating or a dehumidifier or a chiller and maybe you'll see that you don't. You'll only come to those conclusions by actually running in the environment where you live and grow over a period of time.

Here's a good example of a limit on my grows...humidity management. I'm in Alberta, Canada and during the winter, it's 30% RH in my basement, pretty dry to start seedlings, so I throw a desktop humidifier in my room when I kick them off. Six weeks later, the room is pretty sweaty from the plants and room temps are high. You know what I have to worry about then? I worry that the vent on the side of the house is going ice off, block the exhaust and my plants will get fried. Not something I foresaw when I thought about my grow room humidity. Should I buy a dehumidifier, heat trace the vent, bring in a new cooling air supply just to cool the lamp and buy all the controls to regulate temps or go outside every night and kick the lump of frost off the vent cap?

The point is, there's no way you're going to realize all the things you'll run into, until you knock your head against them.

I'm looking forward to seeing how you do. Please keep posting as you progress, it's fun to see people get growing and succeed.
    most def. brother! beautiful information! adjustments in real time is the only key to conquer limitations the future holds!

also wanted to ask what are you favorite strains to grow?

Leave a comment:

• Toker1
    replied
    Btw, if you ever do have an idea...patent it first before sharing. Putting it on the internet first is no right to claim. In fact, Putin it out on the internet does quite the opposite. I believe It becomes public domaine.

Leave a comment:

• Toker1
    commented on 's reply
    Yes...That one is an intake. On the other side of the room is my exhaust. Set up the same way.
    I just fastened mine with bolts and a drill.

• HappyDaze
    replied
    Toker1 gave you the best advice. Start a little small and grow into it.

I understand better now what your goals are, and here's how I'd get there. First I'd set a budget, and try hard to stay within it. The sky is the limit with what you can spend on this hobby and setting a cap on the $$$ investment will help you make good decisions. I'd go with the 4 x 8 tent and get an inexpensive 1000W dimmable electronic ballast that'll power a MH or HPS bulb, with a good vented reflector. I'd get a good 6" can fan, paying attention to the air volume it can move, and the noise it's going to generate and hook it to a good carbon filter. They're not all equal and good equipment will have the numbers available, so you can compare. Dress out your tent with all the little stuff you mentioned and build a basic 4 x 5 gallon bucket RDWC setup with a decent sized control rez in one end of the tent. Run it with the genetics you've selected, feeding them whatever you prefer and see where you're at after at least 2 or 3 runs. Then you can make some educated decisions about how to get from an easy pound, to 2+, and you'll have the basics to get there.

Maybe you'll discover that you need supplemental cooling or heating or a dehumidifier or a chiller and maybe you'll see that you don't. You'll only come to those conclusions by actually running in the environment where you live and grow over a period of time.

Here's a good example of a limit on my grows...humidity management. I'm in Alberta, Canada and during the winter, it's 30% RH in my basement, pretty dry to start seedlings, so I throw a desktop humidifier in my room when I kick them off. Six weeks later, the room is pretty sweaty from the plants and room temps are high. You know what I have to worry about then? I worry that the vent on the side of the house is going ice off, block the exhaust and my plants will get fried. Not something I foresaw when I thought about my grow room humidity. Should I buy a dehumidifier, heat trace the vent, bring in a new cooling air supply just to cool the lamp and buy all the controls to regulate temps or go outside every night and kick the lump of frost off the vent cap?

The point is, there's no way you're going to realize all the things you'll run into, until you knock your head against them.

I'm looking forward to seeing how you do. Please keep posting as you progress, it's fun to see people get growing and succeed.

Leave a comment:

• JungleChild
    replied
    Originally posted by Toker1 View Post
    Yeah, been doing that for years.
    is that intake or exhaust on the vent you have Toker1 ??

and I guess I could take one of these, connect the duct hose and wire it to one side of the vent through the 4 holes on the adapter thing
    Click image for larger version  Name:	71kcFHbOYdL._SL1500_.jpg Views:	1 Size:	78.2 KB ID:	317021

Leave a comment:

• Toker1
    replied
    Yeah, been doing that for years.

Leave a comment:

• Toker1
    commented on 's reply
    It’s more about experience. Once you do it a few times, it becomes easier. Most people learn well from others, but find out more questions they never even thought to ask after a grow or two. So much variability in the process. It’s all about controlling those unaccounted for variables.
    I have ventilation hooked up to my vents. Kind of like that, but I just pull/push air directly through the open ports.
    Last edited by Toker1; 06-20-2019, 05:46 PM.

• JungleChild
    replied
    NebulaHaze HappyDaze Toker1 SiriusFourside Click image for larger version  Name:	duct hose.jpg Views:	1 Size:	74.6 KB ID:	317014

Leave a comment:

• JungleChild
    replied
    HappyDaze Toker1 yeah... I'm just saying it's not as hard as people think it is ESPECIALLY when you have the right set up

you just have to be disciplined to feed, observe, train & treat your plants with proper care as they grow accordingly

but I do believe most of it advertised for sales that's why I did research on them before I picked them

btw does anyone know of anyone pulling fresh air from an air vent ?? maybe with an adapter????

I had a great idea to have some like this

if someone steals this idea and gets rich, know that I know I made it and presented it to the internet first! l

the idea is for me to unscrew the old vent and replace it with this new one while still functioning and pulling fresh air into the tent !

Last edited by JungleChild; 06-20-2019, 05:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X