• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluey
    commented on 's reply
    What numbers are you getting day/night?

• 90Gizmo
    commented on 's reply
    Bluey. The greenhouse is 6.5 feet tall. I've seen people make a short wall around the base to raise it up. I might do that too but not soon. For now I need shorter shelves and to move them towards the middle where the ceiling is the highest. I'll look at bending them once I have some room to work with. The greenhouse is really like a giant grow tent but I have very little control over the environment. I am pretty much able to keep the space at the same humidity of outside and if the inside is hotter it's likely a better VPD than outside. That's my delusion moving forward anyway.

• Bluey
    commented on 's reply
    Haven't had heat kill a plant yet even with heatwaves and temps above 110⁰F but cold/frosts yes. Last few it's been too wet and typically a black mold rips into the buds and those you can save are not worth saving as when you smoke it you feel like your about to suffocate and drop dead on the spot...yuck yuck yuck. Only good for the garbage.

I did the same as you to help with the heat...and watched them shut down/wilt but they perked right back up again in short time.

🤞

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Just the opposite for us we've got 100f dry wind not good. Little fires around popping up around the state even the north coast here is cooking. I'm watering morning an night just to cool down the pots. The 4th is going to be a oven I don't dare leave these for 2days in this heat. I'm looking at putting them in the shade that's casted by a big maple not under it though too many birds just shade them in afternoon.
    My greenhouse is about 7ft center and i had to fold over a couple late sept. one year.

• Bluey
    commented on 's reply
    How tall is that greenhouse Giz? I reckon not tall enough by the time you harvest. You might need a bigger fan blowing on them. I reckon a strong breeze keeps them lower to the ground and fattens up their branches for additional strength. They look like they will be huge. Maybe manifold and LST next time.
    Watching all these outdoor grows and greenhouse trickery I'm really missing it now. It's bringing back great memories but then I only need to look at the yields and issues climate has caused me with my grows, especially these last 4 years and I know indoor is the go but geez I miss it.

• 90Gizmo
    replied
    Plants have grow about ten inches last week. I'm guessing that's a combination of normal stretching and reaching for lack of clear skies. I've measured the PAR at about 200 while it's raining. I have some companion marigolds, lavender and basil with them. Knock on wood I haven't seen any bugs on the girls.

I also have some tomatoes but couldn't find any peppers that weren't buggy. I got soil today to up-pot the tomatoes but but it's too humid for me to work outside. I'm going to have to divide my lavender. I'd have thought it's rather talk pot was good enough but it has roots coming out of the bottom. The basil seems very health and is growing like crazy too. It's stinky so I hope it repels bugs as well. I have a basic repotting station in place and can store 12 gallons of water inside an old fermentation vessel. My little green house is coming along. Apologies to my organic-grow buddies, I've put down a perimeter barrier of DEET that is supposed to repel crawling insects too.

The girls are getting bushy. I thought I'd need to use sticks to train it now I think I need sticks to support the the stalks growing to the sides. Tomorrow. I'm still thinking of adding supplemental lighting but saving electricity was the main reason for growing outdoors so that rubs me the wrong way. Well, can't do everything all at once.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20230703_155719200~2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.29 MB ID:	599100
    Last edited by 90Gizmo; 07-03-2023, 12:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bluey
    commented on 's reply
    Nice work SoOrbudgal .
    I have already passed on 8 jars and a few more to go.

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Yes Bluey I used to have a network of friends who grew a few every summer. I'm contacting one today.

• Bowhunterwoody
    commented on 's reply
    Hey SoOrbudgal. Congrats on the harvest! My wife would love the fairy garden. Idea for next year.

• Bluey
    commented on 's reply
    Have you thought of forming close ties with other like minded growers in your area in view of helping each other out in times of adversity?
    There has always been home growers wherever I've lived for some period of time and I see a lot of it going on around here.

• golfnrl
    commented on 's reply
    I see that gnome's hat peekin' out in there...keepin' watch. Looks like good work.

• Ckbrew
    commented on 's reply
    Nice harvest there. It does look like a happy grow.

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    I took down one OG kush auto today 78days from sprout. She's a tad shy of buds as i needed to help suppliment my lack of weed. I don't like to but it's better than spending $$ every week till the others are harvested. I think it's looks like i'll get abit over 2oz off it. I have one left in the tent it's far thicker and had way more leaf tighter nodes also, she looks like closer to 3+ oz got aways to go yet week or so. Sorry guess i did'nt see the cat hair in the 3rd pick. I can hear a certain someone now grinding their teeth LOL my dogs don't shed and alittle bit of the fairy garden i sit by it late evenings and we talk about lifes mysteries.

Peace and happy growing y'all

Leave a comment:

• Indelacio
    commented on 's reply
    Ya know....I just had an idea for a salmon ladder type setup for my light. If I can find appropriate vertical supports it would be perfect.
    Or even hanging a rope ladder on each side like these.
    Last edited by Indelacio; 06-29-2023, 12:37 PM.

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Because i don't use yo yo's to raise and lower i'm always using clean wood blocks along with a plastic riser under my pots. I've got 4x4 and 2x2 blocks. Does'nt matter as long as you keep the area clean from bugs. Even cement blocks. That's a nice net unit. Next time it will become more manageable and node spaces will shorten become stronger.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X