Help! What am I doing wrong here?? Leaves browning/drying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! What am I doing wrong here?? Leaves browning/drying

I'm growing these in an Aerogarden Farm Plus... I used their fertilizer liquid... but this is what is happening to the leaves. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this??
    Thank you!!

First thing I'd say is major nute burn. I haven't tried growing in an Aerogarden, but I'd suggest stopping the fertilizer and see if she recovers.
    ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

I would guess this grow medium is inappropriate for cannabis plants.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Aeroponics can be difficult. Much easier to mess up than hydro, and way much easier to mess up than soil.
        What are your water temperatures like? Notice any slime on the roots?
        4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Whats your pH?

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

In my opinion your not growing natural. Trying to reinvent the wheel don’t work sometimes. I think nutrient burn and heat stress

Comment

it probably nut burn and starting damage the roots.put in fresh pot or palin water let it heal roots and try a again setup up correctly.That obviouly messed up

Comment

Never used that setup by the looks of it I never will. I'd toss that plant. Sorry for your loss
                Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                indoor/outdoor grower
                1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Comment

I've grown before in the aerogarden before and gotten great results. I think I overdid the nutes this time. I will toss the sad looking pups and start over. Ya live and ya learn!

That said, do most of you add nutes at the very beginning or wait a bit?

Thanks!

Comment

I wait until they are one week old atleast. Well I used to lol now I just worry about keeping my soil moist that’s all.

Comment

Originally posted by Qwertywill View Post
                        Whats your pH?
                        THe pH level if I am reading the device correctly is 7.96 . It's Paris tap water.

Fascinating... if I run it through the Brita filter it comes down to 6.26 . Is that possible???
                        Last edited by rugby; 06-16-2019, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• Toker1
                          Toker1 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Ph is way too high. 6.5 is the maximum. Should fluctuate between 5.5-6.5 for best results.
                          How do you keep your water temps in control? Is the room it’s in AC controlled?
                          Yes, filtering water can have an effect on PH. As well as other factors.

@Toker thank you. By filtering it it's at 6.26 more or less... The room is not AC-controlled but it doesn't get very hot here... maybe in the 70s during the day and 50 at night.

Comment

• Toker1
                          Toker1 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yeah, you want to hit the range from 5.5 to 6.5. Consistent 6.2 will lead to deficiencies in elements that get absorbed at the lower ph levels.
                          70F with the pump spraying water around can lead to heat issues in the water itself. Water temp fluctuations will also cause other ph issues.
                          I use a small aquarium chiller in my aero clone machine. Really helps with those types of problems.

Toker1 what is the ideal pH then? I was at almost 8 before the Brita filter!

I was surprised... when I changed the water which is like 2 gallons (?) it was VERY warm... like 100F warm... what the heck?

Comment

• Toker1
                          Toker1 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          The pump heats up 2 gallons very quickly.
                          For PH...I try and hit 5.5. Then let it drift up to 6.5 before I adjust it back down again. Think about it like you want to hit a range of numbers, rather than a specific one.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X