Extraction Chemicals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extraction Chemicals

And one ever used Ethanol orMethyl Alcohol as an extraction chemical?

Ethanol is fermentation of sugar colture of fungus yeast. You would probably getting plant drunk than activity growing. Greedy

Comment

Originally posted by Scarletwhitewidow View Post
      Ethanol is fermentation of sugar colture of fungus yeast. You would probably getting plant drunk than activity growing. Greedy
      Extraction is a post harvest process.

Comment

I use everclear to wash my bho 3 or 4 times. Really cleans it up
        It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

Use booze if you're looking for an alcohol solvent. I can't speak for ethanol but I did pull this from the CDC:

Methyl alcohol (CH3OH) is a colorless liquid with a strong odor. It is a poisonous substance that can be absorbed through the eyes, skin, lungs, and digestive system. Overexposure can cause death. Workers may be harmed by exposure to methyl alcohol
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6
          Nutes
          CalMag

Comment

Methanol probably isn't a good choice because of toxicity. I use 95% ethanol for my QWET and FECO extracts. It gives best results when doing cryo-extractions to reduce chlorophyll stripping. Some folks also use 99% isopropyl alcohol with good results.
            WHAT???
            5x5 grow space
            900w of Vero's and F-strips
            4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Ethanol is the same as grain alcohol. I use Everclear 190 proof. https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-sap-from-trim
              Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
              2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
              Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Dating myself, back in the mid 70's, probably around 1977 we use to use naphtha for oil extraction...and carefully evaporated it off.
                The resulting green oil would then be purified using a pipette with bulbs blown on each end, a curly q in the middle and attached to a vacuum pump.
                The oil could be heated and drawn from one bulb to the other vacuuming off impurities. The resulting oil would be a reddish amber color. We use to call it red oil.
                Oh the memories (g).
                "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

Use 190-200 proof ethanol. Do not use methanol for extraction.

Comment

I would like to sincerely thank everyone who responded to my request for information.

Now I have a good idea of how to safely and properly go forward on this experiment.

MJ

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X