Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is a clone a clone and not a cutting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When is a clone a clone and not a cutting?

Talking to a guy near me, he bought 5000 clones to have every singe one fail. On examination of them not one of them had a root!

Heres my thought, it's a cutting when I cut it from the mother plant, it's a cutting when I put it in the cloning station, it's a clone when I take it out of the cloning station with roots and plant it.
    I think he should have got his money back, IDK if he did,,,
    How far is this from your thoughts?

I agree they were cuttings not clones. How much did 5000 clones cost him?

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      IDK about quantity discounts but they were $100.00 each to me, like I was going to buy any,,, I dont see the discount being that large, (he has deep pockets,,,) maybe half?

Clones or cuttings, what ever you call them do not have tap roots. Roots will shoot out from the side of the stem.

Comment

Your buddy got ripped off. Clones, cuttings, and starts are all the same thing. The producer needs to root them prior to sale.
      Clones with no roots are just plain branches. Period.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

They probably the same whatever you call it. clipping is another saying of a shoot that has a terminal bud like top cola and make a new plant easier from seeds

Comment

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          The only ones I have any trouble cloning are autos, some will some wont make roots,and I have tried different styles/methods/hormones,,,.

Wow no one I've ever associated with would dare "crap in their own yard" that dude or dudette is toast where I live.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Looks like we are pretty much on the same page! And some of these folks selling crap will go under!
          It is a new industry here, and mistakes are being made, my nephew likes oils, he went and bought some, luved it went back for more and it was crap! He got his money back, and the dispensary pulled the product, had it tested, results were all over the place,, sad!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X