Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How may Colas can you count ? How is it determined ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How may Colas can you count ? How is it determined ?

This is one plant grown 1/1/19 - 5/6/19 (Acapulco Gold) My Question ?, How many colas do you see and how is it determined ? Does each branch tip represent a Cola ?

26 and I do believe they are the top bud on any branch ,nicely done I have one going now I've never done well with A Gold but they were woods grows this year it will be in the green house ,
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Cola in Spanish means tail. So I imagine the shape of one when I say it. Each branch and any side branches can become a cola. Depends on genetics, training technique, and light/wind exposure.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Like I said, I imagine a tail shape. Therefore the mains and the sides are all colas (as long as it’s not larf, it’s a cola). So looks like all in the picture are colas.

• Colombo
        Colombo commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Toker1, I appreaciate the information and your answer !

• Colombo
        Colombo commented
        Editing a comment
        @oldjarhead They grew evenly across the top. Based on the angle of the horizontal branch, ( 30* angle in rise) the smallest 8" up to 18"- 19". Gestimate. I'am going to reconstruct the body for informational pictures and will measure all the branches for size. I will have a better number for you then.

Grabbed this from Leafly.
      Cola
      A cola refers to a cluster of buds that grow tightly together. While smaller colas occur along the budding sites of lower branches, the main cola (sometimes called the apical bud) forms at the very top of the plant.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

@oldjarhead , I put the body of the plant together best as possible and measured approximately the vertical side branches ( smaller at the tip to longer at the base) 8" up to 15" in hight. I could not get all reattached but shows the vertical stretch if the side branches. Attached are some reconstruction photos. Hope it helps answer your question. Good Growing !!

Comment

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Now that's dedication! My plant pieces are luck to make it into the same compost pile.

• Colombo
          Colombo commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the complement Mr.furley ! This is the results of putting your teachings to work ! You should be proud of the results ! By doing this I learn more about how it grows and responds to light and shade. Seeing it without the foliage and buds gives it a whole new perspective. I noticed on a few inside colas if I had a little more light available to them they would have filled in thicker then they did. I hope it can also help others understand training and how important it is as a tool not just a method to grow.

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          I am very proud, not as a individual but as a community member that has helped put the twinkle in you eye and I don't doubt that you will do the same for others.
          Good Growing!

Hello all ! The final after trim and dry was 5.5 ozs with a 1 lb 1 1/2 oz of water loss leaving some crazy good bud. Good Growing !!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X