First Grow Seedling Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Grow Seedling Question

This is my first grow. This little guy popped up overnight having been started 5 days ago. I'll be growing in soil. I've read that seedlings should be transplanted 'right away' after they pop up, but what does that mean? Should I transplant immediately, or should I wait a another day? I've got two plants but the other one hasn't broken though yet.
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

I'm a new grower also so I might not be the best to answer but I left my seedlings in the jiffy pod until I seen a root (that was about a week) I just keep it moist and covered. I hope that helps.

Comment

Hey golfnrl golf - good question, but you have either misread or someone has given you some poor information . DO NOT TRANSPLANT TODAY OR TOMORROW. If you do it will surely die.

You have to let it grow some.

Go to GWE and begin reading at seedlings.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• golfnrl
        golfnrl commented
        Editing a comment
        Thx Canuck147...found what I was looking for. Hadn't read far enough.

Seed to Final Container: When to Transplant

1.) Start seeds or clones in a seedling plug/cube or germination station and wait until you start seeing roots come out the bottom (or skip this step and plant seeds directly in a solo cup).

(it’s good to transfer once you start seeing roots)

Not trying to stir the pot but I've seem people go from the stem just breaking the surface to putting it in the final pot and they still ended up with gorgeous plants, I don't think it's a certainty that if it happens today his plant will die.

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe they started in some kind of root starter and you plant the whole thing in the dirt. You can go ahead and transplant if you like, but I'm about 90% sure of imminent death.

I'm cool with paper towel. I tried the jiffy's and only had two of six germinate. Paper towel has worked at least 90% of the time. That's a method where the seedling needs to be transplanted fair quick when you get an inch or so long.
      by Nebula Haze Table of Contents Intro: How to Germinate Cannabis Seeds Are my seeds good? 5 Common Germination Methods Method 1: Starter Cubes & Seedling Plugs (Recommended!)
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

If it were mine i'd give it some time for the roots to expand an first set of leaves to grow out a bit also maybe few days?? Is that peat moss plug, is that an auto flower?
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• golfnrl
          golfnrl commented
          Editing a comment
          SoOrbudgal, that is a peat moss plug...but not autoflower, it's Strawberry Kush feminized

I start my seeds in paper towels and move to root riots till I see roots coming out the sides or bottom and then transplant to either solo cups, 1 gal fabric pots or final container. I am still newer at this but have had 15 successful germinations.
        Flower Tent: (12/12)
        600W HPS Flowering
        1 x Jack Herer 2 Auto - Potters Gold Soil
        1 x Gelato - Coco
        2 x Strawberry Banana - Coco

Veg Room: (14/8)
        1500W LED
        1 x Jack Herer 3 Auto - Coco
        3 x Mexican Airlines Auto - Fast Buds - Coco
        1 x G13 - Seed King - Coco
        1 x Gelato (Bonsai Mom) - Clone - Coco
        1 x Bubba Cheese Auto - HBS - Coco

Veg Tent:
        300W COBB LED
        Empty

First Grow Journal and Clone Journal
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...needed-a-hobby

Strawberry Banana, Gelato & Jack Herer Auto Grow Journal
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...a-x2-gelato-x1

All Auto's Journal
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...auto-s-journal

Gelato Bonsai Mother Project
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...onsai-mom-grow

Comment

When I start mine in those plugs (I just tossed them because of 50% failure), I moved them to the soil as soon as they came up. I want the roots to come out and meet the soil faster. I myself prefer planting directly to the soil to be grown in and get much better results. I use 20 gallon smart pots BTW,,
          I will have to disagree that transplanting early will cause death, I recently took a seedling (Headbanger just a few days old) out of soil that was to hot for it to root into, and placed it in another pot. It had no roots at all, it is growing and doing well now.
          Good luck whichever style you choose!

Comment

Morning golfnrl Welcome to GWE. the reason I asked about the plug looks pretty loose seems to fall apart not hold together? What I've learned by reading the "how to's" from this site is that folks have their own ways of doing germination of seeds. It's what ever works for you. But what is shown and proven by GWE really does work by the photos of the grows. I start mine in wet paper towel wrap in plastic set it in a warm place until the tail is visible. I have had 99% germination rate with this method and less than 5 days to see seed crack and tiny tail showing. For the next step I place it into a small 2-3" container of good organic nutrient soil. Nothing like miracle grow with it's already added chemical additives. Just good organic growing compound, perilite, coco coir nice airy stuff. I mix my own soil (cause it works for me) Drop that little gal like you have done into a well contained little pot/mesh holds soil together. Put it a clear cup or ?? over the top for humidity. Set it where it can get lots of light and warmth, wait till it pops up. Give it a couple weeks for a strain like yours to gather its roots and grow a couple sets of leaves, give it light T5 or window sill. Keep us posted, sorry i'm abit wordy. Don't give up and first time is a learning curve for everyone this site is extremely helpful. Keep it simple Peace
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X