Molasses and flushing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Molasses and flushing

I have maybe a week before harvesting. I'm going to flush at least twice before I do. Been using the GO Box for nutes. I just read that molasses should be added in the second half of flowering. Will adding molasses this late in the game improve my buds? They've been flowering 11 weeks and a day. Also, is it something that needs to be flushed in future grows?
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

I always add molasses (unsulphered) to my grow regimine. And i usually start my last 2 weeks of flower with just ph'd water with 1 tablespoon molasses per gallon. It helps alot.

On that note I got 2 gallons of molasses from a mennonite store today for $11. Couldnt believe it was that cheap. Yay for me.
    You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• PhantomSulker
      PhantomSulker commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought I got a good deal on it at GFS for $15.99 for a gallon.

I've been using molasses for a while now for sure I've seen and tasted a big difference. I use the same way as spider 1tablespoon but use 2 at the end couple weeks with Just ph water. Also the molasses helps my soil to hold on a few more weeks I don't use nute lines or scheduled feedings.

Comment

I'll have to try it on my future grows.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

Would calmag do the same thing as molasses?

Comment

• Ace1973
          Ace1973 commented
          Editing a comment
          I am just thinking in the terms of decomposition, and how much those microbes would break down. I mean consider the plant matter in soil already, that takes time to breakdown, I am probably putting to much thought into it.

• Spidermite
          Spidermite commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes it is already broken down from its original form when they make the molasses. Its converted to a simpler form. Then you mix it with water so its basically a liquid. If you put raw cane it would need to break down.

• Ace1973
          Ace1973 commented
          Editing a comment
          Okay, first yes you are right, second I just tried some of my smoke. My IQ went from 120 to 70, now I see.*Laughing*

My plants eat my soil not much left after a grow

Comment

But does molasses need to be flushed?
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

• Ace1973
            Ace1973 commented
            Editing a comment
            Read the conversation between Spidermite and I in the above comments, what he has said makes sense.

• Ell
            Ell commented
            Editing a comment
            yes . last couple weeks plain water.

Molasses is used to feed the microbes in the soil. It won't do any good this late in flowering..

Comment

• Spidermite
            Spidermite commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes that is one function of it. However saying its to late I can not agree with for it has many other efffects too. So agree to disagree on that @kingfish

Gingerbeard if you are of the camp that believes you have to use water thats 0ppm (RO) to flush then yes you wouldnt use it or anything for weeks. I prefer mine flushed with it. To me and many the taste is preferred. There is a difference in what the final product tastes like when you use water that even has 50ppm vs 0ppm. Flavor you will need to determine yourself but many stand by using it.

• kingfish
            kingfish commented
            Editing a comment
            Fair enough Spidermite.

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks, y'all. I'm using Black Magic soil with the GO Box. I've read different opinions on how long soil and organic nutrients should be flushed. From none to a couple weeks before harvest. What plants I've had success with only took two flushes at three days apart. Neither I no my friends had any hint of nutes. It was smoothe and burned a nice white, smoke.
            I tested the water I was using after finally getting a PH test kit. The PH was over 7. I have bottles of tap water sitting on my patio to off gas. That's the 7 and what I've been using. The machine filtered water I tested came in at about exactly 6.5. Yet my plants seem healthy and productive for as much abuse as I've given them. As far as the reverse osmosis goes, I'm sure it's been reverse osmosisized. Checking ppm of anything is out of my league.
            Two plants are about to replace the one I have in my flower chamber. These are going to get molassisized. And not so abused. I have guilt.

Figured it was too late. I've learned my lesson. Thanks.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

Found what I was looking for. It's settled. Miss Haze say's it's good until harvest. No flushing needed. I might have time. The hair on the plant is turning color, quickly.
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6

Comment

I bought a gram of 'sauce' for $20. I should have figured for that much money it would be doo-doo. It is. It has a distinctive sulfur smell and taste. Could this be from using sulfured molasses?
              I'm decarbing it to mix with some butter. The sulfur smell is filling the room.
              More elephant!

Coco/perlite
              3x3x6

Comment

Need non sulferd food grade molasses.

Comment

Have switched over to molasses

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190427_201527.jpg
Views:	2091
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	307653

Comment

I use as stated 1 tlb spoon per gallon. Unsulfured molasses every other watering up until trichs are cloudy, then it is plain old well water (mine is really good had it tested every few years). This I do with my container grows not in my ground grows. Learned this here at GWE I noticed larger buds I don't like to use chemicals.
                    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                    indoor/outdoor grower
                    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I guess this is just for soil. Any thoughts on additives to fatten and add density to buds when growing in hydroponics?
                      3' x 6' Grow Closet for Veg w/HLG 300 V2 Bspec
                      New 5' x 9' x 7'11" Gorilla Tent for flowering with new Optic Slim 600H
                      Flora Trio w/Cali and Hydro guard
                      5 gallon Bucket DWC and bucket scrog set up

Comment

• Spidermite
                        Spidermite commented
                        Editing a comment
                        There are product's that do the same thing but i use soil so cant help.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X