X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help - seriously

Ok, here is my setup:
    2x4x5 tent
    6" Hyperfan exhaust (passive intake, using open flap near floor for intake)
    2X4 T5 light fixture
    2 small fans circulating air inside
    Fox Farm Happy Frog
    small seedling cups (not in pots too large)
    no nutes!
    Got seeds from Nirvana in Amsterdam - Northern Light and Cannatonic strains
    light on 18 hours...off for 6 hours (on timer)

Problem:
    My seeds are sprouting fine. First set of true leaves...one even had second set of leaves starting....then they turn yellow and die. At first it was overwatering (even though I was checking with finger deep to first knuckle). But then, on the plants after that I made sure to dial back the watering....I even would stick my little finger at least two knuckles deep to make sure soil was drying out.

But now my latest seedling has turned yellow. I don;t see how it can be overwatering since I have learned and adjusted watering. I don't believe it is heat either because they are at least 8 to 9 inches away from the T5 light. Also it gets 85 to 86F highest in the tent (thermometer at the plants). Water PH is good too. Water temp is ok (keep water jug in tent)

They seem to do great...trucking right along for a week or two...then yellow. When I was a teenager I planted seeds and they grew great with no problem...now...it seems like it takes freaking rocket science mathematics to get it right! Could it be a bad batch of seeds/genetics?

I just don't get it. I am about to just give up as this has happened to 7 seeds that I have planted. I'm beginning to think growing marijuana just isn't in the cards for me.

12-20 inches for the light I believe.. Seedlings dont need that much and cannot take heat like a regular plant. They are fragile. Two knuckles I use for watering. What's your ph. What's your rh. Should post up some pictures. Also might want to try some root magic or advanced nutrients Voodoo, something along that sorts. Root enhancers are always a plus. Whatever nutrients you feel you want to use. What size pot?

Comment

Welcome to GWE organelle67 were your grow is just as important as our own ! Can you send some photos to get a visual look to better define your problem? And what are you germinating in, peat pods, rooter, soil ? How big are the seedlings ? Each thing supports the next. Do you PH your water to 6.5 before watering? Good Growing !!

Comment

• organelle67
        organelle67 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes ph is good. Fox Farm Happy Frog soil. Seedlings have only reached first true leaves

Hope I can help ya a bit. I germ my seeds until I have a good solid tail coming off them. Then I put into keg cups with soil. Make sure soil is nute free. Within a week to 10 days they are ready for main pots. I'm growing autos so most go to main pot after germ. As for watering a seedling its hard to get right I like to get wet at first then plant seed after that let dry out for a bit plant will root hard. After cup is light like 4 to 5 days I water good till runoff then dry again till final transplant. Cannabis hates to much water try to use your pot weights to determine when to water. On the light end t5 is great but give them 24 hrs for first week till they root. Hope I helped ya a bit goid luck happy growing

Comment

Welcome to GWE! I (and others here) also have issues germinating and growing out purchased seed, and my question is, where did you get the seed?

Comment

• George4green
          George4green commented
          Editing a comment
          He said nirvana. I have just started growing again and that’s where I went plus they have the best rollling papers I’ve found lol just FYI. My experience is slim with company and in general but I will say I truly believe that every one of my Seed that didn’t pop up was my fault. Everyone that has popped has been harvested so far. Haven’t grown them same strains only girl Scout Cookies
          Last edited by George4green; 03-18-2019, 07:30 AM.

• organelle67
          organelle67 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nirvana

Comment

• George4green
          George4green commented
          Editing a comment
          So ph is good going in and coming off and you feeding anything at all? What way do you Germ

• organelle67
          organelle67 commented
          Editing a comment
          I've only ph the water going in...I have never checked ph draining from the pot. No not feeding at all as that can be bad for young seedlings. Just germ in soil in small seedling cup ( not in too big of a pot)

To me I would thank it has to be a soil ph issues because it appears to be more of a zinc deficiency caused by higher ph but I’ve also never grown in soil

Comment

Check your run off ph if you can. Only thing I can thank of is maybe the soil ph it to high to make it yellow that young but I’m no expert by any means.

Comment

I beleave after reading everyone’s opinion, that the soil your using is to hot for seedlings ! IMO. Also seedlings need warmth&light and moisture. I start mine in 4” peat pots with a good seed starter soil,under T8 floresents 2” away on 24/7 and a heat mat depending on the time of year. I cover with a sandwich baggie as a humidity dome,spray the soil with PHed water twice a day till thay pop, wait a day or two before removing dome permanently and away u go 👍
            Last edited by Potted; 03-18-2019, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• organelle67
              organelle67 commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, it is Happy Frog soil which has a good rep for seedlings. I doubt it's too hot...but anything is possible I guess

• Toker1
              Toker1 commented
              Editing a comment
              FFHF is not hot soil. I believe you are thinking of FFOF soil, which is too hot for juvenile plants.

• JD419WHYWAIT
              JD419WHYWAIT commented
              Editing a comment
              As others stated, FFHF is just fine for seedlings. I only use it for germinating and put the seed into soil straight away for germinating. I've had 11/11 success rate with this. 3/3 with peat pellets. I use FFHF in a solo cup (clear), and place that in a red solo cup. I then put a clear solo cup on top of the solo with a solo. Until the girl has started her 3 finger leaves and is a seedling. Pull clear cup out of red cup, and you can see the root growth well on the sides! I use Nature's Living soil concentrate. I never need nutrients now. FFHF takes care of the nutrients for a good 3 to 4 weeks. When I transplant, I either do a super soil layer mix or a living soil mix. No nutrients ever added, and no nutrient burn or deficiency in any of the plants since this method. 3 in wk 5 flower, 2 in wk1 of flower, and 2 in wk 9 of veg. One of the plants was transplanted without nature's living soil concentrate at all. I placed a 16oz top layer of straight living soil concentrate for a top feed on that one. She's started flower, and has never had any deficiencies. That's the only one I'm worried about making it to harvest without issues. I think I will be fine and can add another layer.

Few things... 1. Don’t PH adjust the water quite yet. Just plain tap water for the first few weeks. Sprouts only need water at this point in time.
            2. You need to add more perlite to your FFHF soil. Judging from the picture.
            3. Heat can be an issue with small sprouts. Try dialing the heat back a bit. Maybe remove bulb or two from the T5 fixture. The plant doesn’t need that much light quite yet. Think early spring weather, which is cool and damp.
            4x4 600w HID empty for summer
            3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
            2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
            running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Toker1, you talk a good game, I must have missed the pictures of your grows? Lol

Comment

• Toker1
                Toker1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Potted pay better attention because they are all over this website.

Hmmm, couple say pay attention to ph...and one says it doesn't matter this early. I guess I can try it both ways. I'll take out two bulbs from the t5 and just use two bulbs to make extra sure about heat. I'll add extra perlite to the soil too.

Comment

• Toker1
                Toker1 commented
                Editing a comment
                ph is important for plants to absorb nutrients from the soil. Until they develop roots, they are not absorbing anything.
                Be weary of who is providing the information on here. Not all growers created equal.

• Potted
                Potted commented
                Editing a comment
                I’m misunderstanding doesn’t the tap root come before any leaves appeared? And the tap root wants PHed water. And Toker1 makes a good point. If u do your own research cuppled with the advice gotten here, sift thru it all and u will find the answer.

Potted oh you are one of those that needs to see proof? Ok here you are, my last harvest. Now your turn. Let’s see what you are growing on there.
              Last edited by Toker1; 03-18-2019, 04:04 PM.
              4x4 600w HID empty for summer
              3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
              2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
              running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Take a look at, bad boy....again, I post weekly with progress of my grow. Those are sum lovely looking buds u got there a couple of weeks ahead of me I would guess?
                and no I’m not one of those Toker1 that has to see,but I’ve been on this site since it’s inception and hav seen so much bs over the years here that I had to call your bluff.
                and yes I know u get those picks anywhere. Your picks all over the site? Now I see 3, thanks

Comment

• Toker1
                  Toker1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Love how you are looking at my grow, you are not posting yours...but it’s some how my bluff. 🤥Since you have seen 3, of my Picts looks like the count is 3-0 as of right now.
                  You can check out any of my past posts with plenty of Picts. I have done grow journals here. CBD plants and THC plants.
                  You grow anything besides those autos?
                  I’m not trying to measure my D with you here.
                  Been doing this for some time now. Over 23 years growing under my belt.
                  You just picked the wrong one today. Dosent seem like you know me at all. Happy growing. ✌️
                  Last edited by Toker1; 03-18-2019, 09:37 PM.

There are as many ways to grow/ as there are growers,there is no one definitive way,we all have our own opinions and stile on how to grow. Thu experience and information that’s been gathered and works thus we improve. Check out my post if u want to see pictures of my current grow 5 diff. Strains 7 plants under 1 LEC 315. PEACE bro,agree to disagree 👌
                Last edited by Potted; 03-18-2019, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• Toker1
                  Toker1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I’m not exactly sure what we are even disagreeing about. You asked for Picts, I provided. We talked about past experiences posting here.
                  What in my first post exactly do you not agree with?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X