No announcement yet.

I need help - seriously

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve been growing since before u were walking over fourth years mostly outside photos Sativas from central and S.America but am not particular came inside when health issues arose about 5 years ago. Now I do bouth gorilla grows, and inside grows. U don’t know me,as for the comment 12.2 tap root needs no PHed water wtf? That just one

Comment

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Durring root development, the plant survives on its own nutrition. Look up the glyoxylate cycle of plants. This will explain it much better than I can.

PH adjusting water is pointless at this stage because the plant is not able to absorb anything from the soil quite yet.
      He said he was using FFHF. I use the same exact kind and am getting great results with out PH adjusting for juveniles. I never add anything into the water with fresh seedlings or clones, because it inhibits their root growth. Once some foliage starts to develop, then it’s a different ball game.
      Got any other ones you would like to know more about?
      Last edited by Toker1; 03-18-2019, 11:41 PM.

I did not say anything about nutrients, I prewater my starters pots with PHed water a day before,I put the seed that’s been soaking in PHed water till cracked and puts out the tap root, when is the right time iyo to switch from no ph check water to watering at 6.5 or thereabouts? Seems silly not to ph the water from the start and many growers agree. Seeds have enough nutrients on there own for a week or two like most seeds, thanks that info.... dust it off.... it has cobwebs on it
    Last edited by Potted; 03-19-2019, 12:11 AM.

Comment

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      That might work for you... but if you are using FFHF soil, like we are currently discussing. The soil is already PH adjusted. So there is no need to pre-adjust soak or anything like that. Don’t take my word for it, give the manufacturer a call.
      It’s like I already said, first few weeks plain tap. After foliage begins (second to third set of leaves), PH adjust away.

Hey Guys, After some research, the points you are both making are both valid as germination is a preference based on past experience and results. Technically the water does not have to be PH'ed until veg starts at which time when feed starts, ph starts . This only is the case based on the media and its PH you are germinating in . PH'ing water during germination is a skill set taught learned as part of the entire grow package to maintain consistency through the entire grow . There are pros and cons to both based on experience in the growing community . If we teach here on the forum a skill set that is performance based we can eliminate the confusion of should I. You are both very knowledgable about growing, just different views. Just my 2 cents. Good Growing !!

Comment

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      You are correct. I wasn’t trying to say not to PH adjust your medium... I was only saying with FFHF it’s unnecessary because the medium is already adjusted.
      I can tell you for a fact... the more you put into your water, the lower your successes rates are for young plants. Especially when taking clones (seeds seem to be a bit more hearty). I pull 50-75 clones per month with 99% success. When I start adding stuff to the tap water, increasing the EC and PPM... the rates drop to approx 80% for me.
      There is no wrong way to grow a good bud, but success rates are data that can not be ignored.
      Our friend here is PH adjusting and getting low success rates. Which is why I suggested to skip the PHing next go around. Seems like it’s not working for our friend.
      That’s what sparked this debate.
      Last edited by Toker1; 03-19-2019, 09:31 AM.

I forgot to say....I never have actually ph my water....because it was already at a good ph on it's own. It is those gallon jugs of spring water from Walmart. But like you say I won't bother ph ing it anyway until third set of leaves.....if I can ever get that far without my seedlings dying! Lol
    Last edited by organelle67; 03-19-2019, 10:30 AM.

Comment

• organelle67
      organelle67 commented
      Editing a comment
      Toker I took two bulbs out of the T5 fixture. Maybe that will reduce the temp. I'll check temp this afternoon when I get home

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think that will help. According to royal queen seeds the temp should stay below 77F durring this phase. I shoot for 70-75 personally.
      I think of you stick to these methods in the link you should be successful.
      Also, check out charcoal water filters. Like the Brita filters for home water use. Removes chlorine with out removing all essential minerals and is a cheaper option over RO filters.
      Time then to whip out our packages of seeds and get to work. But how do you best set to work, to get these tiny, fragile seeds to grow without problems into small plants?

• Colombo
      Colombo commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad you figured things out, and good luck with your grow! Good growing !!

For germination I have always used distilled water (from Walmart) in FFHF. It has worked for me. Neutrality is most times the best course of action. Your kilometers may vary.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X