Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Uhh root problem?

Hello, whats everyones opinion on this?

soil/coco mix. With additives like Neem Cake, Kelp Meal & Alfalfa Meal.
    Also feed occasionally with nutes.
    Plant was looking great, now worse day by day.

Attached Files
    Im just a shy guy with a big dick.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5B89A8BC-C4A2-4FFD-B2AB-D607A413CCB0.jpeg
Views:	97
Size:	587.9 KB
ID:	295239

Comment

• yellow
      yellow commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol I positioned the plant there by rotating the pot

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      By the age of your plant the nutes in the soil is gone so if it's not a PH? Problem it could be needing more nutes like Calmag? I'm just reaching here with the limited information about the details, like water schedule, nutrients , amounts.....ect, but I would move the fan off the plant if it blows on it like that.

• yellow
      yellow commented
      Editing a comment
      I generally play it by ear. Usually its just water unless i see it needs something. I originally thought this was due to a lack of nutes, however that hasnt prevailed.
      The fan is fairly weak & the leaves have a slight quiver. Perhaps moving the fan down could help? Hasnt been an issue previously however.

Problem is worsening... Could a mild infestiation of fungal nats cause this?
    9fingerleafs OzBud Toker1
    Attached Files

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      fungus gnats will not cause that. i would blame it on the soil mix, who knows whats really in there in what concentrations, ph too low, nutrients too high, decomposition and composting going on inside the pot, definitely a root zone problem but pin pointing it its hard, go plain coco youll never go back

• yellow
      yellow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks finger leaves! Ill look into it

What’s the PH like...Of water going in and run off water?
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• yellow
      yellow commented
      Editing a comment
      Ph going in is 6.5-7. I let it fluctuate between there usually.
      I have had previous grows with the same water/conditions that turned out great.
      I have never checked run off water ph.
      Why is run off important if whats going in is good

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s not about what’s going in necessarily. Soil contains PH buffers that can have exponential effects on PH readings. It’s what the PH is like at the root zone. 6.5 - 7 is running a little bit high for straight soil. Way high if you were running coco only. Run off is important because it tells you the complete story of the root zone PH. For example, if all is well... your 6.8 infeed should come out at 6.8 or a bit lower in the runoff. If runn off comes off higher (or too low)... you know you have a PH issue at the root zone.

You mention fungus gnats. If you are seeing bugs in the soil it is most probably root aphids. They can kill the plant.

Comment

• yellow
      yellow commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmmm... neem oil ?

what's the soil/coco ratio like?
    Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
    600W HPS
    Coco
    GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
    Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

• yellow
      yellow commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Oz, its about 60% coco with the remainder being store bought soil & additives from OGS (neem cake, alfalfa meal etc)

• OzBud
      OzBud commented
      Editing a comment
      Ive never done a coco/soil mix but since its mostly coco I would probably treat it as coco.
      Would be a bit strange for the roots, coco and soil have different pH requirements as well as feeding requirements

I have grown in soil/coco mix and even if you amended it with neem cakes and alfalfa meal, it's benefits are long gone. Point and case with neem cakes in your soil your shouldn't have Bugs! Your plants are starving due to improper PH and bugs.

if you want to fix this "just winging it" will not do.

Catch some run off and check the pH, neem cake will naturally low your PH. What comes out the bottom of your pot needs to be around 6.0 ph, if not start flushing.
    seeing that you will be flushing with water PH'ED at 6.2, mix 1 part H202 with 4 parts h20 to kill the fungus gnats as with combined with your pH problem their larvey will kill your plant by eating the roots, sticky trips catch flying adults but do nothing for the larvey and your neem cakes are not doing there job.

After you get your PH correct you need to routinely feed them, with Ph'ed water between 5.8-6.3 like they are in coco, not soil, still have answered my question about calmag?
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• yellow
      yellow commented
      Editing a comment
      Appreciate the input Mr Furley!
      I will need to google search this H202 & h20 business for future prevention.
      I gave a feed yesterday, ill take a ph reading asap.
      Thanks again for your advice

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X