No announcement yet.

Here we go (grow)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm at 7 weeks now. I guess I better take a look. I see the trichomes appearing. I figured that I would look at 8 weeks, but I'm glad you researched it for me Furley. Maybe they are ready...they sure smell ready!
    3 Big Bazooka fem
    3 gal smart pots
    coco/perlite
    8' w X 3' d X 7' h grow room
    2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      You can cut back or stop anytime. The bud are in the very early stage of the harvest window.
      The biggest question is what kind of high are you looking for?
      Imo it looks like 7 to 10 days at least but I'd like a better picture of the Tricromes to be certain.

• purpleman
      purpleman commented
      Editing a comment
      My favorite bud has been that which makes me relaxed, couch lock, tingly. These all make for good sleeping, and when the body pain turns to a pleasant tingle, HEAVEN! THat's the effect I'd love to achieve.
      Last edited by purpleman; 06-09-2019, 06:09 AM.

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      If you what the "couch lock" you're at least 2 weeks out, you can stull start flushing.

Originally posted by purpleman View Post
    #1 remains tiny and light green. #2 thrives by the hour
    potting soil is is too hot for seeds .some may be strong enough and some not why the left one is nut burn and small..use a no nut light medium for seeds and cutting.

Comment

Looking nearly there purpleman congrats on your grow. FYI I was sitting rolling our weekly joint jar which I do on my day of....drink morning coffee roll joints and plan the day when low and behold this nice little seed came out of some grind I did. Got no clue what it could be it's from last summer outdoor grow, yep did what you did (as if I don't have enough to care for ) we shall see what happens. Ain't growing grand
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• purpleman
        purpleman commented
        Editing a comment
        Same exact thing happened to me. Friend of mine got me some really strong weed. He didn't know what strain it was but it was great. I found 1 seed in one of the buds, so I have created another little baby! I guess I won't know if it's a male or female for a while but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Yes I will be waiting if it sprouts for at least a couple months. It's been maybe 24hrs since I placed it in the paper towel and baggie. Checked but no tail yet. I have about 15 autos and fem photos in storage so i'm not upset if it doesn't happen. I have 5 autos 6 photos waving outdoors to the beautiful sunshine we've got now. Pretty much got enough going on LOL.

indoor/outdoor grower
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

OK Furley, I tried to get some pics today for ya. A couple that I zoomed in on showed the trichomes pretty good. Thanks for all the help!
        3 Big Bazooka fem
        3 gal smart pots
        coco/perlite
        2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Comment

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm assuming the pictures are of different plants because picture 1 needs a lot longer than picture number 3
          Here is a couple tricks for you
          1) It is best to look at the Tricromes in nature light as the grow lights can mess with color.
          2) when you think you close cut a small yummy looking buds from the plant and place it in a mason jar, lay your phone on top of the jar opening and click some pictures. You can also place the bud on a hard surface and squish your microscope on it.
          This gives you a steady look at it in natural light and a sample after a day or 2 of drying.
          Looking really good purpleman

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          thay are looking great purpleman , using a mason jar thats a good idea Mr. Furley

Did the mason jar trick, but it's pretty dark and overcast here today. Maybe good enough to see what you need to see? This is the blue widow, and one of the buds from middle of the plant.
        3 Big Bazooka fem
        3 gal smart pots
        coco/perlite
        2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          they look on the clear side to me maybe a week or two sorry man

• purpleman
          purpleman commented
          Editing a comment
          Furley, you're a wealth of information!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181209_020040.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	315202
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          Mr Furley I would like to repost this if its ok with you

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Mi casa su casa oldjarhead100
          Please do.
          Last edited by Mr.furley; 06-14-2019, 09:44 AM.

Morning Purpleman you got a excellent example of trich ripeness photo there from Mr.furley. We prefer 20% amber for the same reasons as you for effect. I've also found that the cure is of up most importances. Our harvest at 20% amber good genetics and long slow cure mostly indica strain will do you good. It gets better with age, like cheese&wine LOL that's what I've been able to experience.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Another week older. Mason jar trick. Still no amber. What do ya'll think?
          3 Big Bazooka fem
          3 gal smart pots
          coco/perlite
          2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            I thank that's a great job on the pictures. You are right, no Amber only clean and cloud. Going to be a week or two if you want 20%, you can flush.

• purpleman
            purpleman commented
            Editing a comment
            thanks for the tip on the pics! Also, I appreciate being able to consult you! I've been giving them only Phd water for a week (6.0)

I was having a hard time getting my pictures to load. Anyway, so, the buds that I have used with the mason jar trick have all been small, lower buds, as is this one. I must say that the big fat buds on top are much frostier than this, so I don't know if that makes a difference as far as the color of the trichomes. I have also noticed that the one plant that sits closest to the air conditioner doesn't seem as frosty as the other three. Could the cold air have something to do with inhibiting it's growth/maturity? I want to get ya'll a picture of the top buds but I don't want to cut them off the plant till they are ready. Ok, time for some weekly input from you guys!
          3 Big Bazooka fem
          3 gal smart pots
          coco/perlite
          2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Comment

• purpleman
            purpleman commented
            Editing a comment
            So I read that 8-9 weeks of flower for blue widow and 7-9 on the berry bomb. I'm over 9 weeks now. Should I just whack them down today? The one close to the AC, I guess there is nothing I can do about that? I could move it away from the AC once I chop the others, if that would help, but I probably already goofed it up

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            Can you look at the top buds?

• purpleman
            purpleman commented
            Editing a comment
            not in the natural light. I have a jewelers loupe with a little led light, maybe I can shut off the grow lights and see better that way. I'll send a picture either way. They are almost white, they are so frosty!

Here are my frosty babies. The one in front of my hand is one of two that seem different (not as frosty and pistels aren't curled up yet, but there are buds on the same plant that are). I cut the grow lights off and looked at them with my loupe with the white led light. I still can't really see any amber.
          3 Big Bazooka fem
          3 gal smart pots
          coco/perlite
          2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            When in doubt, wait a week always because it is better to harvest a little late then a little early.

The one with your hand needs more time. The other one looks ready, but to what ripeness I can't tell without a clear Tricrome shot.

I have found that Paul's seeds are right on the money for the flowering day for high THC. I take my plants down at 90% cloudy, Highest thc with little to no CBN and have been cutting them right in the middle of the specify dates. My best guess is you will be at a week or two pass the latest flowering date to achieve 10-20% Amber.

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            I have had plants that said 8 weeks go 11 weeks so don't hold your breath on when they are done , I have a different problem than you I have amber and no bud size lol
            oh and they are 9 weeks sat will be 10 I'm hoping that the buds will fill out more but I think i'm Fed

Chop Chop! I left one under the lights. Gonna give her another week or so.
          3 Big Bazooka fem
          3 gal smart pots
          coco/perlite
          2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Comment

Way to grow purpleman great job. Man I love to harvest and your plant reminds me of my uncle's tobacco farm in Tenn. hanging them in the rafters of the barn. It's better that it weed

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

No final report? I was looking forward to hearing about your end product
            (I'm smoking a bone of the blue widow as I type, has an interesting flavor and a definite kick to it. Burns nicely rolled)
            Last edited by GreenState; 07-21-2019, 10:52 AM.
            "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              Right.

Sorry guys, after all ya'll have done for me... Anyway, I'm not sure what the final weight was from the 4 plants but I got 5 quart mason jars full. I have shared a whole jar with my friends and the enclosed picture is about how they felt after trying!! Shit is KILLER!! I can't tell much difference in the Blue Widow and the Berry Bomb. I definitely got the couch lock effect...holy shit! Interestingly, I had the one plant that never got as frosty as the rest, so I let it grow another week. I think it's just as good. It had a bud as big as half my fist. I'm about to take a couple pics of my new grow. I have a Blackberry Punch fem and my Indica mystery seed (hoping it's a she) on the back porch. Almost done with my badass grow room. Also tried cloning for the first time. Took two cuttings from the BBP and two from the mystery plant. I didn't have cubes so I started them with rooting powder and peat pellets. They look like they are gonna make it! Take my advice, burn one, then go back and look at the picture I posted of that guy after he tried my blue widow, you'll laugh your asses off!
            3 Big Bazooka fem
            3 gal smart pots
            coco/perlite
            2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Dang purpleman that fella is toasted, hide the candy jar. I love it when visitors enjoy my homegrown and we love fishing use to do a bit of commercial ocean but retired from that.

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              Glad to hear it was a complete success! Bug out weed is the best.

• purpleman
              purpleman commented
              Editing a comment
              Great tune Furley!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X