No announcement yet.

Here we go (grow)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is your blue widow(s) doing? I couldn't be more please with how the one I'm growing is doing. Topped between the 5th & 5th node. No training and it has remained about 18"-20" tall. Fat, dense buds, sturdy stems and beautiful color, the pistils started turning orange about the 3rd week and have continued.
    I ordered another 6 seeds and had to wait for them to come in stock, praying the are the same. Still have one left from my first order and may have to store it until I'm in a position to clone it. For me, knock on wood, this plant has been pretty straight forward to grow.
    A pic of the tops, like large eggs, with good stacking down below to midway. Tops are now losing their pointiness and fattening nicely. We're about 45 days in since flip.
    Keep us posted on your progress. Mine was a slow grower through veg, but has led the way through flowering. I"m guessing about 8wks total flowering time is going to be pretty darn close, end of the month maybe
    all the best
    Last edited by GreenState; 03-19-2019, 10:13 AM.
    "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• purpleman
      purpleman commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for checking in with me. Man that looks great! I think the only issues I've had have been self induced. After starting nutes, everybody looks green and healthy. I'm just past 3 weeks since germ, so I've got a long way to go. Noticed a couple teeny little holes in a leaf this morning. Gotta be from the occasional gnat that I see from time to time. Planning on moving to 1 gal pots any day (probably a little soon, but don't want them to get root bound). Can't wait to see them take shape like yours!

Here's the little bastard
    3 Big Bazooka fem
    3 gal smart pots
    coco/perlite
    8' w X 3' d X 7' h grow room
    2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
      LurkingInTheGrass commented
      Editing a comment
      would Kinetic Bombardment from high orbit be overkill?

Just an updated picture of my ladies. BW #2 is a month old (she's 10 days older than BB far left), but the others are gaining!
    3 Big Bazooka fem
    3 gal smart pots
    coco/perlite
    2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Comment

Anybody seen a leaf grow in upside down?
      3 Big Bazooka fem
      3 gal smart pots
      coco/perlite
      2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Comment

• purpleman
        purpleman commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, greenstate, she's a blue widow, and also, yes, she seems to have 2 main colas at this point. Strange, but just gonna go with it. Gotta get them downstairs into the little grow room soon. My house has become fragrant!

• GreenState
        GreenState commented
        Editing a comment
        Curious, what are you currently using for lights on your plants?
        You mentioned moving then to a different grow area.
        Seems as though they should be a bit further along at this point. Is the light sufficient?
        Fragrant....when you can smell them outside approaching your house, then you'll have some fragrance!(vbg)
        Last edited by GreenState; 03-28-2019, 05:01 AM.

• purpleman
        purpleman commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, I agree, they should be further along. Made a couple mistakes which I have corrected. I waited too long to introduce nutrients, and I had the lights too close to begin with. Once the guys got me straight, they have thrived. I moved them to 1 gal pots a week ago, and I'm gonna try to give them another week before moving them into my little grow tent/box and under LEDs. Right now they are each under 1 CFL which is about a foot away. The twisted leaf is trying to turn itself over. I bet by tomorrow it will be straight!

I think I'd be getting them under your LED's asap. If you are worried you could do it gradually,
      I just found a seed and the start of the dreaded "nanners" on my gorilla glue, which has been a problem child.
      I'm almost through week 8 of flowering, but she definitely isn't ready.
      So I've decided to get her out of the closet, away from the widows and try to get at least another week of life out of her.
      Now a window plant, talk about fragrance, LOL
      I'm in a legal state, but this might be pushing it (ha,ha)
      "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• GreenState
        GreenState commented
        Editing a comment
        oldjarhead100 It is melting fast OJH. There has been years when you couldn't see out that window.
        Snow slides of the metal roof and builds up on the ground, then connects to the snow on the roof! (lol) No light coming through,like living in a cave (g).
        I hooked up the batteries in my truckster yesterday, the old diesel fired right up with a blast of black smoke and signaled to me she's ready for action! I wish I was (ha,ha)

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        purpleman All those plants I started for the outside grow get water and voodoo juice for the first 3 weeks ,I swear by that stuff well worth the money ,get your roots growing good and above ground will follow

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        I remember years like that in Me. when I was a kid ,not unusual for 20 foot snow banks man we loved those king of the hill in t shirts in the middle of the winter lol, there was 1 year the path to the road was a tunnel lol

OK. Transplanted into buckets Saturday. It amazes me how in just a little over a week, those 1 gal pots were FULL of roots! I mean, those things haul ass! Anyway, under the LEDs and maintaining 70-74 degrees, around 50% humidity. Almost up to a full dose of nutes, and everything looks good. Gonna get some of those insect strips to help with the gnats. These plants are roughly 5 weeks since germination. I was figuring 3 more weeks before making the 12/12 switch, but wait and see! Thanks again guys!
      3 Big Bazooka fem
      3 gal smart pots
      coco/perlite
      2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        I like that blue light perfect for veg

six days later. Looking healthy and bushy. Fly paper is doing a good job on the gnats! OK gurus, thoughts or suggestions?
      3 Big Bazooka fem
      3 gal smart pots
      coco/perlite
      2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Your doing great purpleman
        Nothing can kill a new Growers buzz like a bad first grow, it is few and far between that a plant let alone five look like the ones that you tried out and in my grow book that was a bad shake of a stick for you.
        I think you are grow to be pleasantly surprised after this one.

I'm definitely here for you as is a lot of other Growers on GWE.

Here is my advice:
        As long as you don't need to worry about height ( remember plants double and triple when flipped )
        I would top the three on the left side at the third or fourth set of branches when you have 5 to 7 sets.
        You ask why not top the four plant on the right? Because I can see multiple top on it already.

I would just keep them as level as you can to each other and flip in about two weeks after you top them.
        you will get a bigger yield if you trade the Christmas tree look for a small flat bush, plus in a indoor grow the top of the plant receives the best light, just keep the colas in the diameter of the bucket.

by Nebula Haze Cutting Cannabis For Better Structure: How to Top Your Plants Topping is a cannabis plant training techniques that involves cutting off the top of a main stem. The technique is designed to give you a free way to create more colas as well as spread out the plant so you can take advantage of all your light. As a result, topping can help you achieve bigger marijuana yields!

You got this!
        Mr.Furley

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        @MR Furley just keep the colas in the diameter of the bucket. What would the purpose of this be and why please
        I have never heard of this before and am curious

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        oldjarhead100
        If you cut once and don't keep pulling all your tops flat just the two upper as needed it will slow down the upper growth long enough for the two/three set of lower branches to catch up level, you can keep all the tops inside the diameter of the bucket so your plants dont get too wide, but still benefits from multi tops.

The trick is to top, recover/relevel and flip.

Looking great purpleman. I'm impressed how the runt of the litter has made such a comeback .
      I'd say, if topped the blue widow(s) would like about a 2ftX2ft area each(less with training?). Don't know about the other 2.
      BW pic taken yesterday, day 65 since flip (5 week veg). Gives you an idea of diameter.
      Last edited by GreenState; 04-09-2019, 04:44 AM.

Comment

• purpleman
        purpleman commented
        Editing a comment
        She looks beautiful! I'm gonna take a better look today in regards to topping. I'd like to make the switch by the end of the month if I can.

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        wow nice plant

Well, it's a big day. Not only is it Easter, and the day AFTER 4/20, but it's exactly 2 months since germination of the oldest of my ladies. As Furley said, the youngest and tiniest of the four has taken the lead on size! I just switched their time cycle and nutrients to bloom, so HERE WE GROW!
      3 Big Bazooka fem
      3 gal smart pots
      coco/perlite
      2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Comment

• GreenState
        GreenState commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking great Purpleman!!

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        great looking plants purple man , on a liter note I tried hanging those fly traps in my room and just kept walking into them yes I hung them out of the way lol but when shifting plants around, what a PITA lol

• purpleman
        purpleman commented
        Editing a comment
        well, I can't move my plants around or actually go in the box, but when I'm reaching in to water them I always get stuck on one! They are doing the trick though, they've caught a ton of gnats!

10 days since the 12/12 switch. The babies have doubled in height. Everybody looks healthy and happy. A few brown tips on the lowest leaves, so I jacked the nutes up to full dose. I'm holding my breath because everything is going so well! I know I've got a long ways to go. Not sure about any pruning since I've already gone in to bloom? Furley, you mentioned tying them down. I don't think I'll run out of vertical room, but if they keep like they are going I may. Let me know if you guys have any suggestions at this point. Thanks!
      3 Big Bazooka fem
      3 gal smart pots
      coco/perlite
      2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Comment

• purpleman
        purpleman commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, jarhead, I get the whole light thing. My plants have bushed out and filled up their home so much that I don't think I could tie one down without intruding on another's space. It looks like one sold bush in there now, not four! I wasn't sure how much trimming I should attempt at this point. I topped three of them, two weeks before the switch, but that's the only thing I've done. Should I remove some of the fan leaves or just let 'em roll?

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        I read that giving them a trim just before bloom and then at 3 weeks increases the yield ,I've always topped and tied down, when I trim I really trim them maybe to much but they always bounce right back , One grow I posted pics after a trim and Nebula asked if I was going to trim them ,I told her I just did she came back with oh you can do much more than that and I have lol

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        You could take 10 to 15 big leaves from the middle.

15 days since the switch. I backed up and took a pic from a little further away so you could see the height from the floor. Little buds appearing everywhere. I pruned about a dozen fan leaves the other day. I hope they stop focusing on height and concentrate on flowers!
      3 Big Bazooka fem
      3 gal smart pots
      coco/perlite
      2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome to the stretch.

• Colombo
        Colombo commented
        Editing a comment
        HO HO HO Green Giant , Jack is gonna get tired climbing this one LOL. Wild stretch indeed !!

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking fantastic

23 days into flower. Everything seems to be percolating just fine!
      3 Big Bazooka fem
      3 gal smart pots
      coco/perlite
      2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Very nice! I'm glad you are having a good grow.

• purpleman
        purpleman commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm super stoked brother! I owe it all to you guys. Ya'll are the best bunch of friends in the world. I seriously wish we could arrange a time and place where we could all meet and hang out for a day (and burn one!).

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        Purpleman I've wanted to do that since I started here I have met a few ,we just need to find a legal state with cheep airfare or campgrounds close lol

30 days into flower and FINALLY the stretch ended and the growth is focused on the buds. All is good. I was watering the petunias on my back porch and it occurred to me that it may be a great spot to raise another little lady! So, I reached in my fridge to my modest seed supply from 420, and chose a nice black "blackberry punch". This time I took it from the paper towel to a peat pellet, then to a cup once it sprouted. Yep, you guys are right, It's addictive!
      3 Big Bazooka fem
      3 gal smart pots
      coco/perlite
      2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Comment

• GreenState
        GreenState commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking good purpleman, you're going to have some fine, fat buds there.

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        well done purpleman now the hard part waiting until they are done lol

36 days in to flower. These babies are kicking ASS! Since I've never made it this far before, I'm leaning on ya'll now. Everything I've read suggests that 8 weeks is sorta a ball park on how long they could be in flower till they are ready. I bought a jewelers loup but it doesn't sound like its time to start looking too close. I'm not even sure I know WTF I'm looking AT!
      3 Big Bazooka fem
      3 gal smart pots
      coco/perlite
      2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Comment

So on day 46 of flower, a few of the fan leaves have lightened in color, nearly yellow. Very random, and the plants all look very healthy to me. The best diagnosis I could find on GWE was light burn, but these leaves aren't at the top. Plenty of stuff closer to the lights than those. Just wondering what ya'll thought.
      3 Big Bazooka fem
      3 gal smart pots
      coco/perlite
      2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Both strains are listed at 6 to 8 weeks from the breeder, so with that in mind it is not uncommon to have a loss of leaf. It is a natural part of the end of life for cannabis.
        Imo Just leave them be.

• purpleman
        purpleman commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Furley

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X