Here we go (grow)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here we go (grow)

So, Monday afternoon I dropped 2 white widow fem and 2 blue widow fem seeds in a glass of water. They all sank within 4 hours. I moved them to paper towels. Next day I had 3 tap roots, so I dropped them in solos with potting soil and perlite. As of now, 2 have popped through the soil, but 1 white widow seed is yet to show signs of cracking. I went ahead and dropped a berry bomb in some water this afternoon (it was a freebie that Paul had sent me with my order) to replace the one that hasn't cracked, but I'm still not giving up on her for another week!
    3 Big Bazooka fem
    3 gal smart pots
    coco/perlite
    8' w X 3' d X 7' h grow room
    2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Happy growing purpleman stubbed in and excited for you.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Congrats on your new grow purpleman. The late bloomer might be that special girl. Always look forward to a new grow ! Good Growing !!

Comment

I'll join and follow along your grow purpleman. Not sure what your grow setup is or methods you plan to undertake, but a couple things to keep in mind as you go (grow) along.
        The white widow will want to grow double the size(height) of the blue widow.
        The white widow will also want to more than double it's height after you flip to 12/12.
        If only topping, I would double top the white widow for sure.
        I'm on day 21 since flipping a WW and it is still stretching. Topped once(no training to speak of) and it's nearing 40" without the container. I'd certainly have a different plan if I grew it again.
        All the best and have a great grow!
        "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

Ill tag along good luck
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

So, it's been a week since I took my seeds out of their packages. Both of my blue widows look fine (pictured). White widow #1 was put in soil the same time as the blue widows, with a half inch tap root, but has yet to emerge. WW #2 still hasn't cracked. Haven't had good luck with white widows (some may remember that on my first grow, both of the WWs turned out to be dudes). Anyway, I'll give them a few more days and hope for the best. Meanwhile, Berry Bomb has been soaking and now in a napkin but hasn't cracked yet either. It's only been a couple days for her, so I'm still hopeful. The BWs sank, cracked, grew a root and sprouted very quick, so I am pleased with them!
            3 Big Bazooka fem
            3 gal smart pots
            coco/perlite
            2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Comment

Well, on this fine Sunday afternoon, a nap seemed fitting. After a good solid hour, I rose and went to check the babies. Berry Bomb has a tap root!! Not only that but I carefully unearthed my retarded WW baby to the point where I could see that she has sprouted, just not broke through to the surface yet! WW #2 still hasn't cracked, but 4 out of 5 ain't bad. It's been a good afternoon, enjoying some Gorilla Glue while I update my pals!
              3 Big Bazooka fem
              3 gal smart pots
              coco/perlite
              2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Comment

I've given up on both of my WWs. The one seed never cracked and the second never came through the soil. I uncovered her this morning and she looks exactly like she did when I planted her. I thought I could see her beginning to sprout but I was wrong. Nothing more than a tap root. Berry Bomb popped through overnight, and I dropped another BB seed in water this morning. One of my Blue Widows looks better than the other, but they both look healthy.
                3 Big Bazooka fem
                3 gal smart pots
                coco/perlite
                2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Comment

• GreenState
                  GreenState commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I suspect you'll be very happy with the blue windows, I couldn't be more pleased with the breed.
                  I'm looking into other berry bomb cross breeds. I think they will pair well with the blue widow.
                  All the best.
                  I only topped the BW once(5th node), no training and still ended up with a low bush, flat top plant.
                  You don't have to get to fancy with the BW, which is right up my ally (g)
                  Last edited by GreenState; 02-27-2019, 10:49 AM.

BW #1 and 2. #1 is smaller and lighter in color. Also the stem is not as substantial as #2. When do I introduce nutrients?
                3 Big Bazooka fem
                3 gal smart pots
                coco/perlite
                2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Comment

• Mr.furley
                  Mr.furley commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hahaha. A watched "pot" never boils and patience is your friend, But you are correct, good genetics grow right before your Eyes.
                  My best advice is if that one keep "impressing you" with it speed of growth it is a great candidate for learn how to clone.
                  A.k.a keep that pheno going.

• oldjarhead100
                  oldjarhead100 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I mix a gallon of nutes before I put them in root riots with 1/4 strength nutes ,voodoo juice and grow only thing I add at this point

• purpleman
                  purpleman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I was thinking about mixing a light dose of bio root and cal mag, but I've screwed up enough stuff, I'm afraid to experiment.

BW #1 and #2. #1 seems to be stunted while #2 thrives.
                3 Big Bazooka fem
                3 gal smart pots
                coco/perlite
                2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Comment

#1 remains tiny and light green. #2 thrives by the hour
                  3 Big Bazooka fem
                  3 gal smart pots
                  coco/perlite
                  2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Comment

• oldjarhead100
                    oldjarhead100 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    isn't that strange I have noticed that about autos I have a bunch of kush plants all started same day some are in bloom some not ,some are taller and some short they are never the same kinda frustrating when you get that one plant thats amazing but you grow it again and its not the same

• purpleman
                    purpleman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah, oldjarhead. #2 is growing the best I've seen, but #1 refuses to grow or change at all. I don't suppose there is anything I can do but wait and hope for the best.

All except #2, my other 3 are very slow. The medium that I'm using is the same that my last plants thrived in, but I'm still thinking that I need something better. I kinda want to replant into something better. Do ya'll think it's a good idea? Just frustrated. I know they should be doing better. Not sure why #2 has done so well. I'll take some advice if anybody has some for me!
                  3 Big Bazooka fem
                  3 gal smart pots
                  coco/perlite
                  2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Comment

• Mr.furley
                    Mr.furley commented
                    Editing a comment
                    purpleman it can be genetics a lot of time, a month from now your plants can look all the some for size. Iv got some pictures I'll send you to show what I mean.
                    What i see that can improve is
                    More holes for drainage in your cups
                    Raise them up so air can get underneath and poke holes in the bottoms.

• purpleman
                    purpleman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Got it, and got the pics. Thanks Furley. I'm on it.

• oldjarhead100
                    oldjarhead100 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I transplant when my leafs are touching the outside edge of the container ,until final pot she is looking healthy

Ok, something new that I didn't experience on my first grow. Quite possibly the source of my problems. I noticed what appears to be adult aphids around my seedlings. GWE suggested washing the plants but my girls are too small I think. Also lots of suggestions of products to try. Recommendations please guys!
                  3 Big Bazooka fem
                  3 gal smart pots
                  coco/perlite
                  2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Comment

• Mr.furley
                    Mr.furley commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Good stuff, that's for sure.

• oldjarhead100
                    oldjarhead100 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I will spray them with neem oil, azamax,I also use lady bugs , I got tiered of dragging plants out to spray after the umptine time so I started adding lady bugs problem solved they dont get them all but enough you dont have to worry about them when I stop seeing lady bugs and seeing aphids I add more

• purpleman
                    purpleman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Man, I am watching them. I think after all the problems I had last time I am "amped up" and trying TOO hard to stay ahead of any problems. This is exactly why some people smoke weed! CHILL THE F@#K OUT! I think they look a little better since I moved the lights away several inches. Didn't notice the bugs this morning, keeping an eye out.

Well, I think you guys will be proud of me for figuring some stuff out. The two Blue Widows are in the first picture. The second is of the Berry Bomb hybrid. BWs germinated just over 3 weeks ago. My first mistake was having the CFLs too close, too soon. Then, I started seeing yellowing on lower leaves. I remembered one of you saying that you will know when to give nutrients because they will ask for it. In my previous grow, I started with soil that was too hot. This time I realized that they needed nutes, so I gave them about 1/4 dose a couple days ago, and about 1/2 strength today. Everyone is turning a nice rich green and beginning to thrive! BB #1 is about 2 weeks old and #2 is a few days behind her. Leaves look totally different in shape, but both seem healthy. Let's roll gals!
                  3 Big Bazooka fem
                  3 gal smart pots
                  coco/perlite
                  2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Comment

• oldjarhead100
                    oldjarhead100 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    when I transplant seedling I will feed them voodoo juice and 1/4 strength grow ,except when I'm doing regular seeds then they get VJ and N about 3/4 strength

https://www.planetnatural.com/product/microbe-lift-bmc/ This may help with the bugs. Just a thought. Good Growing !!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X