No announcement yet.

A new grow, GG#4/WW/BW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting comparison. Went back to the beginning of this thread and found a picture of the GG4 sister seed(bought 2 seeds) I grew in 2019(post #25).
    Both pics are 20 days post flipping. First grown indoors and second grown outdoors and brought in at night.
    The plant in front is the GG4 (there's 3 plants in the room). Notice the the node spacing difference, indoors was very stretchy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	gg 2 week flower 2019.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	309.5 KB
ID:	529717

Name:	IMG_3331.JPG
Views:	448
Size:	3.02 MB
ID:	529718
    "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice looking nugs for 20 days

• GreenState
      GreenState commented
      Editing a comment
      oldjarhead100 She appears to be in the "zone" for now (lol), keeping in mind that in 2019 I ran into problems later in flowering with the sister seed indoor grow.
      So far, not even showing any tip burn on the fan leaves. I'm at full strength neuts, but going to be mindful of not over doing it
      I took a couple of budded cuttings off her for attempted monster cloning, but in all reality I won't be starting my indoor grow until after the Christmas holiday, so not sure how or if I can get from A to B. Hot and humid this coming week.

Well, for future reference, 4 weeks of flowering completed. Past experience says she'll take about another 7 weeks to finish. Although--this seed, compared to the sister GG4 seed grown indoors previously appears to be far genetically stronger. I don't believe it's just a matter of growing environment (outdoors vs indoors). BWDIK Really hoping I can get one of the flowering cuttings to root, fingers crossed.
    Anyhow, have a couple of "foot longs" stacking up nicely. This is a very dense bud GG4 strain as I recall. Was 52 here this morning with dew points below 50. What a fricken difference compared to the past few days! (note those ash tree leaves beginning to turn)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3340.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.88 MB ID:	531015
    "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

Blue heron on the hunt for frogs

Name:	DSCN5217.JPG
Views:	424
Size:	3.84 MB
ID:	531023

Name:	DSCN5219.JPG
Views:	415
Size:	2.68 MB
ID:	531024

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Man those herons are loud when they get disturbed. Sound like a movie prehistoric monster. We had lots of frogs but do to dry weather they have moved to further away ponds or got killed.

Landscaping help. Beats raking up the fallen apples (lol)

Name:	IMG_3371.JPG
Views:	409
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	532015

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        good help is hard to find but she looks great lol

Ya the beast is coming I hope we have a gradual fall not just jump into winter .
        You have a beautiful refuge there buddy

Interesting going back to the beginning of this thread and reading my comments regarding growing the GG4 in 2019.
      I wrote this at day 38 into flowering " So, I have yellowing of the top leaves on my GG4, edges turning up some. To hot, to much light, to many built up nuets, a deficiency? Haven't tested my PH...KISS grow. Going to try and get some cal-mag tomorrow morning and give it a shot. Also try and get my light up a little, I'm about out of overhead room for sure." Post 33 has some pics

And ....here I am at day 38 again and the fan leaves are rapidly yellowing. Has to be either genetics, nuets (using the same) or same to small of a pot(2 gals). Has to be a bound up solid root ball. I do think this plant has matured much faster than the last time I grew it indoors. Pistils are turning, which I noted were not at this point in time on the last grow.
      Think I'm going to finish here out on more of a water diet, less the nuets. I know I tend to be to liberal with the nuets, just my nature(more is better(lol)).
      Out of curiosity I took a closeup to have a peak at the trichs. I swear I can see some are cloudy. Am I dreaming? Camera works good for seeing amber, not so much cloudy.
      I do have a loop as well.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN5227.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.52 MB ID:	533032
      Attached Files

Comment

Wow, dry air and clear skies, 49 degrees earlier this morning.
        Wrapping up week 7 since force flipping, hitting those "fattening" couple of weeks ahead.
        Gave the girl a shot of cal-mag, 1/2 dose of bloom, and a 1/2 dose nitrogen.
        Leaves are yellowing, but think she'll support herself until harvest. Loosing direct sunlight hours rapidly now, still able to get 7hrs by moving her around. Have second homeowner neighbors around this weekend, so trying not to offend anyone lol.
        Hope all enjoy the long weekend.

Edit...and a picture for posterity

Name:	DSCN5257.JPG
Views:	372
Size:	2.43 MB
ID:	534584
        Last edited by GreenState; 09-04-2021, 08:20 AM.

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
          Bowhunterwoody commented
          Editing a comment
          Actually some nice weather for a change.

• PLreef
          PLreef commented
          Editing a comment
          Finally. It's beautiful outside today. Your plant is looking pretty healthy there GreenState!

• GreenState
          GreenState commented
          Editing a comment
          So much for the dry weather looks like some rain heading this way for the day.
          On a happier note, the 2 budded cuttings I took have developed roots. Monster clones! Hopefully will provide further clones for a post Christmas grow.

Fattening up here as we end wk 8 since flowering. Definitely have a few budded clones going,but open to suggestions on how to have a grow beginning on Jan 1 using them or
        clones from them (which I'm leaning to. Can't grow them out now, but don't want to lose the strain. Need a no fuss, small space option until it's time
        Help
        The tops are getting heavy.
        Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          So what i think i'm understanding is.......you took clones while plant was in flower right? So i have done the same i just kept them on 18/6 CFL for weeks when i saw new leaf growth i topped the flower, kept going till it grew out enough to transplant. Once those were vegging before flip i took clones from that so on an so on.

• GreenState
          GreenState commented
          Editing a comment
          SoOrbudgal Thanks! Just really trying to figure out the best way to have some clones ready to go
          on Jan1, from the clones I have just getting started now. Basically trying to kill 3 + months of time before my winter grow (lol).
          Without getting to elaborate

Well kids, first morning of cracking 40 degrees, currently 39
        Scored a $242.00 main cabin round trip ticket to Florida, I'm ready for a vacation.
        Jarred up GG 4 has settled in at 59% humidity since chopping her down 12 days ago.
        Ended up with 6 quarts of solid bud, so I'm happy.
        Last edited by GreenState; 09-29-2021, 05:19 AM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Enjoy that trip GreenState i'm still counting the days on my 4 outdoor. Getting antsy but keeping my scissors in the drawer. I'd be thrilled with that amount i can't wait to smell the house up with hanging colas

• GreenState
          GreenState commented
          Editing a comment
          SoOrbudgal Won't be leaving for a couple more weeks, so can continue "burping" as needed. These dense buds do
          seem to require a bit more attention to get an even cure. Hated cutting up the large colas, but that was what is required imo.
          Hopefully you weather will hang in there for you until your plants finish--they sure look nice!

hey green I would grow those clones out and use them as mother plants and take more clones in November for Jan 1 grow
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Good morning oldjarhead100 . Did you go on your cruise? I've never been on a cruise ship, don't really think it is for me.
          My family loves them though. After handling the weed through the drying process before jarring it up, I did find 2 seeds (last time I grew the strain I found 1 and did grow it out).
          So I'm covered for continuing the strain. But, I still may go the route you mentioned or if I can keep the clones small enough (I've been topping them already and keeping them in small containers) just try and grow them out. But between now and then, I'm trying to keep them alive under a 100 w equivalent led light bulb, in a tiny box (lol).
          Hope all is well with you (how's the foot doing?)

In all their splendor (ha,ha).
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3463.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.31 MB ID:	539790
          Last edited by GreenState; 09-30-2021, 05:24 AM.

Comment

Been looking forward to a weedless vacation. Also looking forward to that first joint of 1 month cured GG4 when I return . Should get a good sense of quality.

Name:	IMG_3474.JPG
Views:	329
Size:	2.66 MB
ID:	543504

Comment

• Eliot Pryor
              Eliot Pryor commented
              Editing a comment
              That first smoke after 30 days off will make you remember why you smoke !!

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes sir you and me both been ready for a break in growing. I too just this a.m. put my GG#4 in jars and yes i did have to go back and place all of it in a couple of brown paper bags for several hrs cause of humidity now. Pretty oily strain for sure, smell like grapes to me. Enjoy your time those sunsets are so calming i could sit and stare for hrs.

By golly Ollie, 1 month cure on the GG4 and it is kickass ...especially after a 10 day smoke break LOL.
            Well back home in the green mountain state, going to miss those Florida sunrises
            (my clones even survived 10 days of no watering. Almost time to reclone the clones for the new years grow)

Name:	IMG_3528.JPG
Views:	312
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	544737

Comment

Can't tell you how much it pains me to toss these 2 GG4 clones. Tough trying to start a grow on New Years day. These have been growing under a 13W / 100w equivalent bulb (lol)
              I did find 2 seeds, so think I'm covered anyways, but wouldn't mind having a head start
              Maybe I'll keep them as house plants, see if they flower out with the short days and no artificial light
              Already took the cuttings in the watch pig shot, top a couple stems also.(hard frost here last night, brrrrr)
              Attached Files
              Last edited by GreenState; 10-29-2021, 10:13 AM.

Comment

The 1 gallon coffee can girls---
                Well, we're a couple of days shy of completing wk 7 since flipping. Also a couple of days from flooding and leaving
                the plants unattended for a week....fingers crossed
                Happy holidays all!

Name:	image_149738.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	2.90 MB
ID:	550212

Name:	image_149739.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	2.56 MB
ID:	550213

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
                  Bowhunterwoody commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Best of luck! Sure would be a shame to lose them now. Look so healthy. Happy holidays to you too GreenState.

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Betcha they look dang good on your return, enjoy the time away

Bowhunterwoody I know it would be a shame if I lost them now, but family comes before weed (lol)
                SoOrbudgal I like your positive attitude!!!
                On another subject, have been taking advantage of this wacky weather we've had and gotten a good head start on next years wood.
                Hoping to get it bucked up and split through the winter and free up some of the summer time
                But, we're supposed to get 8-10" snow starting in the next hour or two, so about done until I get back.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN5369.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.77 MB ID:	550357
                Last edited by GreenState; 12-18-2021, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
                  Bowhunterwoody commented
                  Editing a comment
                  GreenState couldn't agree more. Good luck with the snow! Sleet to rain for us. Then cold. Have a nice trip!

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Burning abit of wood myself this winter GreenState.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X