No announcement yet.

A new grow, GG#4/WW/BW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expanded my view of the world today and for the first time went to a dispensary. I flashed back to a local head shop back in the early 70's(lol).
    Anyhow, bought some Dark Ghost Train sativa hybrid, THC 26.90% ($104.00/ quarter-damn!-).
    I must say, it kicked my ass <g>, strong taste. Only thing I don't like (besides the price) is it's stored at 62% with boveda packs.
    I prefer the 58% packs and even a tad dryer for storage myself. So there you have it, a first.
    A couple of hairs showing on one of my GG4's
    "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• GreenState
      GreenState commented
      Editing a comment
      SoOrbudgal What was pretty neat I thought, were these clear cubes with a bud in it, which had rubber buttons that you pressed
      and out through top came the smell of the weed. Now who thought that up(lol).
      Do all the dispensaries have those?
      PS: I've been smoking 2 year old Blue Window!

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope i never checked to see if those were at our dispensaries I bet they are i'll check next time i go. Boy they are bustin big illegal grows left an right here now. Got 13 huge greenhouses with over 6,000 plants this last week. It's crazy wild how brazzen these illegals get. Nothing can escape the sky views there using nowadays. It's so hard to make a pot business money anymore. It's been flooded, over taxed/difficult to do legally. I've never had weed last that long 2year old.

• GreenState
      GreenState commented
      Editing a comment
      SoOrbudgal tough business to be in. Wholesale prices for weed have been
      getting hit hard the past few years. In Colorado,only recently a slight tick up.($703/lb)
      The price for a pound of bud went from $649 to $703 in June. This is the first time retail have risen since October 2021.

Can't decide whether to defoil or go au naturale. They're going to be left to fend for themselves for a week soon.
    Thinking if they dry out, they can draw from the leaves. What say ya'll?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4642.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	5.08 MB
ID:	599371

Name:	IMG_4641.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	4.75 MB
ID:	599370
    "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      No don't trim. I'm leaving for 3 1/2 days this weekend going camping but i got my niece coming to feed my cats an water she's only 1/2 mi. from me. I was hesitant to ask her, does'nt smoke pot but her Mom an I were always growing an trading. It's a drag with outdoor and leaving during the summer. It's why i always did vacations end of Sept. into Oct. but i said yes i'd go this weekend so hope i can enjoy myself with my doggies and friends.

Well, the girls(?) are going to have to fend for themselves for a week, fingers crossed. I'll flood them, as well as fill the saucers under the pots.
    Hopefully we'll get some rain showers while I'm gone....Just don't need 6" and major flooding of the last few days. Near as bad as 2011's hurricane Irene in some areas.
    Plants are getting taller than I'd like, both GG4's showing hairs, nothing on the white widows yet.
    Hopefully the next picture I take won't be of dried out dead plants!!

Name:	IMG_4652.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	5.24 MB
ID:	599658

Comment

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      Very small pots for no watering for a week. Couple of hot days...🤞

• GreenState
      GreenState commented
      Editing a comment
      Bluey sometimes life doesn't give you choices (ha,ha) They are small pots, I believe about 2 1/2 gal.
      I sure got them to drink some fluid today (lol).
      Bowhunterwoody Hope you made out ok with the rain. At least I was able to move the plants inside during the worst
      of the storms. Middle and northern parts of the state took a pretty good hit.

• Bowhunterwoody
      Bowhunterwoody commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey GreenState. Yea we made out ok. Pretty soggy but no damage locally. Saw some video of Montpelier. Man! Have a close friend in Braintree up on top. No problem there but down near Randolph pretty bad.

I think you'll be fine. Calling for rain everyday after tomorrow. Good luck.

Comment

• GreenState
      GreenState commented
      Editing a comment
      Bowhunterwoody I suspect my poor plants aren't going to be unscathed by the time I
      get home. Just unrelenting thunderstorms, day after day after day! I don't think drying out will be an issue,
      but hard rain and wind might be. Oh well, it is what it is

• Bowhunterwoody
      Bowhunterwoody commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey GreenState. Yea even had some hail last night here. Crazy non-stop lightning too. Some leaf damage but not too bad. More coming today and for the next 4 days.

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      The joys of outdoor growing....not.

Bluey I would have had issues this week regardless of indoor or outdoor growing.
    Not in Kansas this week They've done an incredible job here recovering from last years hurricane.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4666.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.19 MB ID:	599900

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4667.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.56 MB ID:	599899
    Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there hope family is well don't let plants bother your visit/vacation.

• GreenState
      GreenState commented
      Editing a comment
      SoOrbudgal Thank you for the reminder, you're absolutely correct!

Plants survived, but did take a hit while I was gone. Weather has sucked this summer.
    Came back to major yellowing of the fan leaves, especially on the white widows.
    Had to do a major defoil (they're looking like OJH's greenhouse defoliated plants!)
    Came to the conclusion that I had a huge nitrogen deficiency issue and have since hit them hard with nuets)
    2 on the left are the WW's, 2 on the right GG's. Interestingly, the 2 GG4's look pretty different from each other, the taller one could be a cross bred, the far right shorter one does look like the GG4's grown in the past.

Name:	DSCN5746.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	2.67 MB
ID:	600762

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      I think they look great. We still have such a long way to go those will appriciate the haircut. I've got a strain that were same seeds like your GG's and one is considerably taller than the other. Other than yield i frankly don't care i only care about keeping them healthy throughout the grow and don't get the friggin moth catipillers which i now see on my near done autos. Ugg i hate those tiny suckers of THC LOL. I'm spraying my larger photos like yours nearly every week trying to keep them off prior to flowering. Going out doing a spray at sunrise today.

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      They survived well. Nice work. They actually look pretty good given your absence

• GreenState
      GreenState commented
      Editing a comment
      Bluey SoOrbudgal , I think I have seen some recovery with the added nitrogen, newer leaves still have decent color.
      Hopefully I was able to intervene in time. I had gone light on the grow nutrients through the veg stage, not to mention the grow neuts a re a few years old. $20.00 grow expense (lol!)
      Keeping in mind these were seeds I collected from my previous grows (only found a few of the GG's, more so the WW's) so
      there obviously from hermied buds. I do see female bits on all the plants so that's good news, will watch for balls
      I've grown the GG's 3 times now, so have a good idea of what the buds look like,so that will help with identification. The white widow buds are much more fluffy. I'm hoping I have a cross of mystery weed, I love the taste of the WW, tasted like spring time after a long winter
      PS: I do have caterpillar damage, seen a few tiny green ones

I think I must have switched seeds at birth While these were both supposed to be GG4's, only one appears to be so.
    The other looks more like a sativa dominant WW to me, or a cross bread.
    The first 2 picture are of what appears to be the GG4, having grown it 3 or so times previously.

Name:	IMG_4699.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	3.56 MB
ID:	601223 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4703.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	3.62 MB
ID:	601224

And these pics are of what I now believe is a white widow. (total different plant structure) Could be a big producer

Name:	IMG_4698.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	4.68 MB
ID:	601225 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4702.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	3.50 MB
ID:	601226

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking good even if the labels don't.

Well Bowhunterwoody Pouring rain out there again today, continuing through Tuesday night.
    Decided to set myself up so I could move the plants inside, temporarily anyways.
    Not perfect but an easy setup and only have to move the plants about 10 ft from the deck.
    Thank goodness for high and sturdy collar ties to hang the light

Name:	IMG_4713.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	3.84 MB
ID:	601738 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4714.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	4.01 MB
ID:	601739

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      That's great that you can do this for saving your plants from certain WPM & mold. We've got major increase in humidity now here. Dry lightning, overcast skies heat in the low 90's. Now were feeling your weather not as much by any means but it's humid. But sure keeps your place green. Take care sorry you gotta live with the grow, hope your wife understands?

• Bowhunterwoody
      Bowhunterwoody commented
      Editing a comment
      GreenState. Beautiful place you got there. If I were your plants I'd like to spend a little time in there just for the hell of it. Yea another multi day soaker. Supposed to get really nasty later on tonight and tomorrow. Wind and hail here. Good luck and try and stay dry. Ps: The pig seems to approve.
      Last edited by Bowhunterwoody; 08-07-2023, 10:29 AM.

• GreenState
      GreenState commented
      Editing a comment
      Bowhunterwoody If the pig approves, all is good (lol).
      SoOrbudgal No wife or significant other at this time

First thought was, my wife would never allow that. Beautiful home !!
    Focus and relativity.

Comment

Apples are starting to drop out back, brings in the riff-raff

Name:	IMG_4759.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	2.12 MB
ID:	602910 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4754.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	2.02 MB
ID:	602911

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Awww little dears LOL well them little so an so's ate my big old pumpkin plant on the side of my house then they stomped on the flippin pumpkins broke em open an been eating on them for days. My neighbors apple tree is all broke up from them pulling down on the branches can't blame them though.

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        These things love cannabis and will eat them down to the soil. I've had plants over 6ft high chewed to the ground over night. Lost 4 in one night to them....grrr.

Stormy weather on my door step. Decided to bring the girls inside. Not ideal lighting, but it will work.
      While my fan leaves look like it's the end of Sept., we are still stacking bud on 2 of them. The slow poke, which almost got the ax
      is coming along finally, it's about 2 weeks behind the others. Hard to grow outdoors when the sun hasn't shown much this summer.
      Hunkered down inside.

Name:	IMG_4786.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	3.74 MB
ID:	603245

Comment

• Ckbrew
        Ckbrew commented
        Editing a comment
        The weather has not cooperated at all this year.

• Bowhunterwoody
        Bowhunterwoody commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep GreenState. Another two day soaker. Wish I could bring mine in. Way too tall. Thinking of setting up the ez-up on the deck.for the next 6 weeks, just to slide them under for the rain which seems to come every other day. Yours look great considering what they've been through.

• GreenState
        GreenState commented
        Editing a comment
        Wicked tough growing season for sure! So many obstacles to try and overcome or at least somewhat offset.
        Losing direct sunlight on my deck is a biggy, currently only from 9:00-3:00.
        Trying to devise a schedule to supplement for the lack of sunlight. 7:00-9:00am under the light(400w MH-I do also have a 400 w HPS around here somewhere) and then 4:00-6:00pm is what I'm thinking. I worry about breaking the nature light cycle though. I'm willing to try anything at this point! (lol).
        Plant height/W container is 57" so I can only get so much light penetration.
        I need a 9oz yield to justify not growing indoors this winter. We'll see.
        On an up note, I did score another 1/2gal canning jar at the local thrift shop yesterday for $3.00, yeah.
        Hopefully the weather will improve here, it's looking like from Thursday on might be a bit more positive, fingers crossed

Bluey Unfortunately I have intentionally long roof overhangs in the room's southern exposure side, to block
        the direct sunlight from blasting in. That also results in the room being a bit darker/less ambient light, which plays into my
        devised supplement light schedule.
        But I'm open to all suggestions y'all might have!
        Last edited by GreenState; 08-29-2023, 05:49 AM.

With some decent weather finally, we're starting to make some headway and frost up

Name:	IMG_4837.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	3.15 MB
ID:	603671

Name:	IMG_4834.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	2.03 MB
ID:	603670

Attached Files

Comment

• GreenState
        GreenState commented
        Editing a comment
        Outdoor grow comparisons aren't really fair any longer. I'm now only getting 6 1/2 hr of direct sunlight on the deck.
        As such, I've gone to a fully hybrid grow model. Currently, sunrise is at 6:20am, sunset at 7:20pm.
        Soooo, plants are now getting 400W of HPS from 7:20am(1 hr after sun up) to around 8:30am,
        then out they go on the deck. Then when I lose direct sunlight at 3:30pm, inside they go under the light until 6:20pm (hour before sundown). This allows them to wake up and go to sleep under ambient daylight conditions and spend the night indoors..
        Although it is darker in the "sun" room than it is outside, still somewhat mimicking the natural light cycle with days getting shorter.
        Will adjust accordingly as we go through Sept.
        Confused now? So am I (lol)
        Last edited by GreenState; 09-05-2023, 05:22 AM.

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        You should have done more LST. Have you trained the plant to turn the light switch off and on yet? Light Switch Training.

• GreenState
        GreenState commented
        Editing a comment
        Bluey LOL!!!!

So I'm thinking when I made the switch from outdoor to outdoor/indoor I may have convinced
      these plants that it is later in the season than it actually is. White widow on left (which I'm glad didn't get the ax) is still
      pretty vigorous showing no changed pistils yet, it will be awhile yet for that one. The mystery girl in the middle is still hanging in there(has a hint of GG4 smell), showing some cloudy trichs now,few more weeks anyways. And the GG4 on the right is starting to show its foliage colors. At least they will have time to fully finish, so that's great.
      Looks like rain is ending here, 40's tonight. Left the girls out in the rain to get a good washing.
      Not much pretty green in my picture like others! (lol)
      Click image for larger version  Name:	sept 13 (1).jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.32 MB ID:	604640
      Last edited by GreenState; 09-13-2023, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
        Bowhunterwoody commented
        Editing a comment
        GreenState. Still pouring here. Another 2-3 inches today. Torrential all day. Lee might come up the coast on Saturday and give us more rain but it's not a big deal these days cause 2-3 inches seems to be normal. Hope it goes out to sea. Your plants look really good. Nice fat colas. About as far along as mine. Maybe all the gloom has them finishing early. I hope so. Have an alien gorilla glue in the ground that a friend ended up not wanting that actually had a few amber yesterday. Still a few white pistols on that one. Maybe a good stretch of weather coming if Lee doesn't come close.
        Last edited by Bowhunterwoody; 09-13-2023, 01:33 PM.

• GreenState
        GreenState commented
        Editing a comment
        Bowhunterwoody Looks like you got hit with some pretty good rain yesterday. Thankfully today looks nice.
        Hopefully the storm won't be to bad, not expecting much rain here, but high winds could be an issue.
        Plants are still fattening up nicely(90% white pistils still), our days above 70 degrees are numbered here now, low 40's tonight.
        This is one season I'll be happy to put in the books and be done with-I've had enough (lol).

First morning waking up to temps starting with a 3 handle, just barely, 39 <g>.
      The girls were tucked into their unheated room safe space and waking up to the warmth of 400watts of hps
      Sun is shining today though so they'll be happy to get outside I'm sure. (not much direct sunshine on the deck anymore, maybe 6 hrs)
      Getting much more cloudy trichs on the mystery girl now, couple ambers. When I do think shes ready, I'll wait another week! (lol)
      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4935.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.87 MB ID:	605861

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
        Bowhunterwoody commented
        Editing a comment
        GreenState. Sure wish I had the space. That's a great system to finish them. Nice big colas!

• Ckbrew
        Ckbrew commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm doing the plant shuffle also. The weather forecast has no rain, and sunny for the next 10 days. If that holds out things should finish nicely.

• GreenState
        GreenState commented
        Editing a comment
        Well see. After my GG4 disappointment I'm hoping to redeem myself with these last 2.
        Looks like a beautiful stretch of weather ahead....after tomorrow's rain! <g>.

Well folks, it's been a challenging grow season, what little of it we had. White widow is still hanging, but guess I'll
      come in with a total 8-9oz. I came into the season with an empty cupboard, so I'm thankful . Should be able to skip growing this winter, but
      probably if I do grow next spring it will be indoors.
      Like a squirrel storing nuts for the winter (lol). 58%/65 degrees

Name:	IMG_4955.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	3.30 MB
ID:	606810

Name:	IMG_4959.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	606811

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
        Bowhunterwoody commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice job, nice finish. You earned it. Was up in your fine state for a wedding this last Saturday in Springfield, rain held off for the ceremony and it was perfect. Top of a hill in a field with mountains all around. Soon as we went into the tent for the reception all hell broke loose but it was still a hell of a lot of fun. Everyone had mud past their ankles by the end but it was a blast. Your state is beautiful.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X