No announcement yet.

A new grow, GG#4/WW/BW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I knew of a way to prevent bud rot ,this shit has already depressed me ,I knew we would have it outside I just never figured inside the GH damn
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• GreenState
      GreenState commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry to hear about the bud rot OJH, I saw you posted about it. I would actually think the greenhouse might be more susceptible to bud rot due to the moisture/humidity build up at night. I know when I open up my closet in the morning to turn the light on I get hit with humidity. Are you leaving the fans on at night with venting wide open? These plants transpire a lot of H2O that is for sure.
      Wishing you the best...

• s62
      s62 commented
      Editing a comment
      Man, so sorry to hear about the bud rot. That’s everyone’s worst nightmare. Wish I knew a way to help, but I’m sure you’ve got all of the fundamentals checked off (moving air, etc.).

End of week 7 today since flipping. First frost coming tonight, right on schedule!
    "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Those are some nice size jewels, you got there @GreenState.
      Very pretty.

Starting to look like a bunch of bananas on the stalk! I'm guessing the first week of Oct is going to be close.
    Battling a slight case of WPM, so I'm hoping to make it that long without jeopardizing what's there already. She's in prime fattening mode now in the last few weeks.
    "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• GreenState
      GreenState commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the kudos all. Any problems I have with this plant can only be blamed on my doing, we've really had great weather for the last few months. And of course this is an indoor/outdoor grow...out for light, in for dark.
      I love this stage of bud growth, one can see the daily changes . Humidity(and temps) is coming up today and tomorrow here, then cooler fall weather midweek.
      So, since this plant was grown from a seed I produced from my winter grow is it a GG4...or GG5..

• GreenState
      GreenState commented
      Editing a comment
      So I decided to spray down the plant yesterday with 2 teaspoons of vinegar/ 1/2 gal of water to help with the WPM. What I have really isn't to bad, I need my reading glasses and have to mentally focus(that can be difficult(lol)) in order to spot it. I've been trimming off the leaf fingers if I see a spot of it. But my worry is having it get into the buds.
      Which brings me to a question, do I need to take any special precautions when the drying and especially jarring & curing the weed?
      TIA
      I'll be curious to see if I can tell any difference when I wake her up at 6:30.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      I Checked the weather last night and it said 70s with lows in the 50s dry sunny weather ,this would be a break for sure maybe even enough to finish

Opinions please. I pulled up some pics from the winter grow. The first picture is of the GG4 which I got the seed off of for this grow. The second picture is of the blue widow which was grown with the GG4. and the last picture, not the best I just took of my current GG4. I keep thinking that this plant has a lot of the characteristics of the blue widow, short(22"), strong stems, well stacked buds and large (the blue widow had huge tops-but they were rounded tops). So do you think I got a cross of blue widow and GG4? The current buds do have more of the GG4 pointed tops and also the lighter green to yellow fan leaves.
    I only topped the winter gg4. The current plant was topped, then all branches topped.
    Eventually I'll know for sure from the taste, the blue widow has a taste all it's own, easy to discern.
    (edit--between running a fan on the plant whenever I can, spreading out the branches, eliminating the humidity and yesterdays vinegar spray, finally no signs of WPM this morning. I think the leaves yellowed and dried a bit from the spray)
    Last edited by GreenState; 09-23-2019, 06:38 AM.

Comment

While we were away, down she came. Now dry and curing process has begun. Ended up with exactly 4oz of bud from this girl--happy!
      (Having difficulty uploading pictures due to the new file size limitations.)

Comment

very nice we pulled and trimmed all of the woods girls well except for two we are bringing them home to finish in the GH this should be a hell of an adventure lol
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• GreenState
          GreenState commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't envy you at all, I'd forgotten how much I hate trimming weed!!!! (lol).
          My timing worked out pretty well, lit the woodstove which brought the temps up and humidity down in my house for drying.

Another blurry picture taken this morning out the kitchen window. This fella is starting to put some points on and fattening up on fallen apples.
        Sorry for the pic quality

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          haha I don't care about the bone just the meat and your right apples will sweeten him up ,we were trimming and talking about hunting and I thought it opened on the 15th of Oct' he said nope it can't be why I said well its a Tuesday shit .so I goggled Mass hunt dates and first thing that pops up was it started on the 1st WTF , so I kept reading and way at the bottom it said 2018 holy shit was I relived .I don't like have the girls out during Hunting season the odds of someone seeing them goes up dramatically ,anyways after trying a few times it starts the 21st ,To be honest its been a few years since I took anything ,If I have meat in the freezer then they usually get a pass , The fun for me is getting them in range during the day , and most of my stands are a half to full mile out , There is this one buck that if I get an opportunity Ill take hes old and that doesn't happen around here very often. Hes going to be tough I had him getting back to his bedroom during light then they clear cut the spot so now its a mater of luck lol

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          GreenState beautiful deer, ole buddy, it's fun just watching them, ain't it ?
          Have a great week.

Sooooo, decided to make some butter(nice Maine butter as base). Using the GWE recipe. Decarbing as I type-house is getting stinky.
        Any suggestions on the number of sticks vs the amount I have of trim/bud? All sugar leaf and quite a bit of bud mixed in. I'd guess it has to be in excess of 1 oz, if not 1 1/2.
        4 sticks, or maybe 3? A mix of white widow, blue widow and GG4.
        Happy holidays all
        youser, getting really stinky (lol)

Comment

By golly Ollie, looks like leftover mash potatoes, gravy and cannabutter on the lunchtime menu today!
          Decided to use 3 sticks to start with.

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            Pot-tatos...

• GreenState
            GreenState commented
            Editing a comment
            LoL. So, I decided on eggs,bacon and happy home fries. I must say, much stronger kick than I expected and still kicking(6hrs). It took about 2 hrs to start hitting me, right about that time you're thinking well, that was a waste (lol, remembering acid way back then). I'd say a level tablespoon would be about ideal per person. I'll also say the taste kinda sticks with you, not necessarily in an enjoyable good or tasty way. And I put ketchup on home fries!
            Interesting though, first "edible" for me. I've said before, weed for me is as much about the taste,smell and the physical/tactile aspect of it, breaking it up, rolling a joint etc. Better than throwing it away though rofl. I cut up the butter into squares (now knowing dose at least) and put them in individual baggies then into the freezer.
            Happy holidays all.
            Last edited by GreenState; 11-30-2019, 04:55 PM.

Here's a question, does anyone own a Sonos Play 5? https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/play5.html
          I'm seriously thinking of buying one for myself for Christmas, but I'm a cheap date so it's a tough decision. I own an iphone SE and one of my computers is windows 7, which support is ending at year end. Really sucks, just like windows 10, which I hate (on my other laptop) Anyhow, sorry to get off track. Do I understand correctly it does not have a microphone built into it-don't want one, would be a deal breaker.(don't want alexa, google assist etc) -how is the sound, is the reality,you really need multiple tia
          Last edited by GreenState; 11-30-2019, 05:10 PM.

Comment

• s62
            s62 commented
            Editing a comment
            Stay safe and keep warm!

• GreenState
            GreenState commented
            Editing a comment
            Morning OJH,
            I have a pair of Bose soundsport wireless ear phones which I love. I'm on my sister's Spotify family plan which I also love because I can download a bunch of albums and not have to be connected to listen to them. I only have a basic phone plan from ATT to cheap to pay for data (lol). Think I get 600mg free, which is plenty to check the weather or stock holdings occasionally.
            Yep, getting ready for the storm, bringing in the wood today, changed the oil and fired up the snowblower yesterday. Disconnected the batteries in my truck yesterday, it's parked for the winter and away from the salt. I use the beater honda element in the winter, awd and does fine. And the darn honda doesn't rust like the truck! 2003 and no rust, not even 100,000 miles on it either.
            Reminds me of a VW bug, a tin can death trap(lol).
            Be safe.

• GreenState
            GreenState commented
            Editing a comment
            So, the UPS truck showed up yesterday (with tire chains on(g)) and delivered the Sonos speaker. Great sound, although I would have liked a bit more volume. Solution, I just ordered a second one. I've already spent my mad money for the next year(lol). But waking up to snow falling and some Warren Haynes(Ashes& Dust) playing was extra special this morning
            Edit,:found the volume, interesting, the controls on the speaker allow for much higher volume than the iphone app which controls it as well.
            Last edited by GreenState; 12-31-2019, 12:49 PM.

s62 Thanks, will do! We should be in the 16" range, but windy which sucks.

Comment

Still amazed every time I fly. Yesterday morning I was in Florida, today it's 5 degrees this morning back in VT (lol)
            (I envy those folks out in the sailboat..I'd love to live full time on a boat)
            Attached Files
            Last edited by GreenState; 12-20-2019, 07:18 AM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              I hope you stay well from the change in weather. I always got a cold coming from similar climate to back home in wet cold PNW, maybe it's the planes vent. system yuck. Stay safe GreenState in your " fortress" I hunker down during worst weather.

• GreenState
              GreenState commented
              Editing a comment
              SoOrbudgal it is funny you mention catching a cold. While flying I was thinking to myself, I didn't hear anyone coughing or sneezing at all.
              2 years ago I was flying in prime flu season and it seemed everyone was sick and hacking on the planes.
              I always worry about flying into Atlanta, there you're exposed to everything in the world!
              The worst time a weather change has ever effected me was in my crazy youth when I moved from Rifle CO(Dry,5000'+ elevation) to Miami Fl(humid, 0 elevation)..in the summer! (lol!) I was sick for 2 months after the move..was the miami vice early 80's, could have been the drugs to(g).

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              Coming home is the worst part of vacation in the winter ,It got up to 28 and I was thinking it was warm yesterday lol

GreenState
            Perhaps it was all the cocaine dusting the air of Miami during the 80's my word what a town they built on that stuff. It's pleasant here in Oregon raining and in the high 50's at least were i'm at. Later in the week mts. will get dumped on.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Decide to drop a few seeds today. This winters grow will be Blue Widow (again-I like the taste), Himalaya Blue Diesel, and lastly a freeby Durban Poison. I suspect the blue diesel will be out of sink with the others with a longer flowering time. But we'll see, can't always believe what you read. I don't mind varying flowering times, it's varying veg time that sucks.

Comment

Closet grow by numbers, 15 min. assembly (lol)...All the pieces fit together again for another season. (never got around to buying a tent, maybe next year)
                Edit: blue widow and durban poison seed have cracked @24hrs..come on blue diesel!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by GreenState; 12-23-2019, 09:58 AM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Don't work to hard LOL

• GreenState
                  GreenState commented
                  Editing a comment
                  SoOrbudgal I did have to put on my Carhartt coveralls over my jammies and go out to the garage to get the pieces! (G)

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X