Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Week 5 of Flower - Thoughts or Yield Estimates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 5 of Flower - Thoughts or Yield Estimates?

I'm in the middle of week 5 of flower. I have two Acapulco Gold, two Amnesia Haze, and two Critical CBD all in 3 gallon fabric pots in a 4x4 tent. They're in nectar of the gods soil and getting 15ml Botanicare Bloom, 3ml CalMag, and 1/4 tsp flower fuel per gallon. Next week I'll start adding 2ml Bloombastic per gallon as well. They're under four Mars Hydro 300s and one ViparSpectra 450. I defoliated, lollipopped, and did LST all through the veg stage and into the third week of flower.
    Thoughts?
    Yield Estmates?
    Last edited by rydin4life; 12-30-2018, 03:32 PM.

blurple lights are deceiving but overall they look perfect. i think you gonna have a good yield

Comment

My guess: 6 ozs
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Here's some without the blurples...

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking nice, rydin, I'd say 6ozs dry, is a good guess, maybe 8, even more, when they done, the last 2-3weeks, they really put on the weight, I hope you get all you need, though.
          Pretty plants.

My last grow was 5 plants and I got just over 10oz so I'd be dissapointed with 6-8oz on 6 plants. Are the Mars lights a hold back here? I was going to go with four 55w cobs to replace them but that's nearly 1/3 the wattage of the Mars lights so I didn't think that would make sense.

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Adding extra plants does not necessarily lead to extra yeilds. Better Utilization of space and light can though. Yeild is mostly a factor of environment and genetics.
          Just looking and guessing, they seem like 1 oz plants to me right now. Hence my 6 oz guess. Keep in mind this is cured & trimmed trophy nuggets I am talking here. I wouldn’t count the larf as yeild until it is made into hash. Lol

112 grams per plant.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• CaptPicard
          CaptPicard commented
          Editing a comment
          I like the confidence in this prediction.

1650 watt? Wider canopy or less power is better.
        i guess 750g total.
        Last edited by Iammygod; 12-30-2018, 08:38 PM.

Comment

@toker1
          What about mine? They are in week 5 at 12-12 light cycle

temp: 30-31
          RH: 52-58
          Power: 660 watt average(4 weeks 600watt + 1 week 900 watt)
          Area: 0.6m×1.2

Utopia Haze and blueberry

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181231_061328.jpg
Views:	668
Size:	3.19 MB
ID:	280346
          Click image for larger version  Name:	20181230_235703.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.24 MB ID:	280324
          Click image for larger version  Name:	20181230_002734.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.42 MB ID:	280291
          Last edited by Iammygod; 12-30-2018, 09:48 PM.

Comment

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            600w - 900w HPS?
            And is that 1 plant or 2 in there? A few more pictures that show the entire flower space would be helpful.

• Iammygod
            Iammygod commented
            Editing a comment
            They are (2) 600 watt lights. For 1st 4 weeks of flowering i had dimmed them at 50%. I'm planning to run them at 75% for 2 weeks then i switch back to 50% again or i replace HPS with MH without lowering wattage. Haven't decided yet. Any suggestion?

I added 1 more pic showing entire footprint.
            Blueberry was slightly taller so i kept her under MH more than Utopia. Now they each receive 75% of one 600 watt HPS; 900w total.
            Last edited by Iammygod; 12-30-2018, 10:19 PM.

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I never suggest running the HPS or MH dimmed. This can shorten the bulb life span. It can also cause an altered spectrum. If the bulbs are made for plants, the best spectrum will come at the rated wattage for the bulb.
            My guess would be 4-5 ozs of trophy buds total. They look like 2-2.5 ozs per plant.
            Last edited by Toker1; 12-30-2018, 10:53 PM.

I'd say that this looks like it's doing very well.

Comment

• Iammygod
            Iammygod commented
            Editing a comment
            Guess yield per average watt please. Give me a number between 0 and 2.

• CaptPicard
            CaptPicard commented
            Editing a comment
            No idea Iammygod. Im not experienced enough to gauge that yet. I too have had recent questions regarding weight. Have a look at my post. Some bud is dense and heavy while some can have a large volume but is very light.

Hum!!! I feel an small change but a big difference. And I think you was right Toker1
          what do you think now? Got better? Tent is 1.0×1.0m2 and the HPS is running at it full rate 600w.

still 2-2.5 oz per plant?

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190101_013211.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.91 MB ID:	280588

Comment

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            So are you saying you now have 2 plants, in a 1mx1m, under a 600w light?
            Unfortunately, the major inhibitor is the length of each branch or bud. You could pull more weight if she was a bit taller.
            Too-tall cannabis plants waste time and electricity, but too-short plants end up hurting yields! Learn how to find that perfect sweet spot for plant height!

• Iammygod
            Iammygod commented
            Editing a comment
            Exactly. 2 plants in a one square meter under 600 watt and the light is running at its full rate.

Let me show you more pics and ask your idea again. I want you to guess the weight please. I know its hard to guess but you try to guess please.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_68329.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.37 MB ID:	280604Click image for larger version  Name:	image_68327.jpg Views:	2 Size:	2.75 MB ID:	280602Click image for larger version  Name:	image_68328.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.34 MB ID:	280603 I took these 4 now. Day 30 at 12-12 cycle
          Click image for larger version  Name:	20190101_023619.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.33 MB ID:	280606

​​​​​​
          Last edited by Iammygod; 12-31-2018, 06:13 PM.

Comment

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            If you veg them longer... you can get there.

• Iammygod
            Iammygod commented
            Editing a comment
            Longer veg for what? Taller plants? I followed 2 strategies preventing Utopia to stretch.... low Phosphorous and negative DIF.

You changed my mind. Thank you a lot.

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            It’s not just about taller... but stacking the nodes up so that you get longer buds with more sites closer to the light source. Best of luck my friend.

It looks like you have at least a few weeks to go before harvest time. Those buds should fatten up a bit and get more dense but probably not all that much longer. Like Toker1 said_ longer branches with tighter internodes = more weight. But more height too_ so its always a draw between how much headroom you have for your lights and how tall you can grow your plants. When I have a mixed grow of indica dominant and sativa dominant strains I usually end up having to put the indica plants on risers. The sativa just get too tall, even with a lot of training. Its hard to say what you'll get at harvest but I've gotten up to 2.5 oz of trimmed bud from plants of similar size, shape and training.
          I usually veg for 5 weeks to get a fuller plant at harvest_especially with indica dominant strains. This grow I have three large sativa dominates and three indica. I can't raise my lights any more and the canopy is in its sweet spot right now. I have to hope they don't get much taller because I don't want to super crop them any more. Since I'm using LED lighting I can lower my output and not affect spectrum, which I'll do if I have to. Good luck and hope they turn out as anticipated_ cheers for an awesome harvest and for the new year as well!
          Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
          liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

I would say around 10 to 12 oz. Those buds are going to fatten up, and they remind me of my plants that have gotten around 2 to 3 oz per plant. Congrats, they're looking really good!
            Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• Doubledealing72
              Doubledealing72 commented
              Editing a comment
              And you have to put your final yield on this post. Inquiring minds will want to know lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_69100.jpg
Views:	802
Size:	2.23 MB
ID:	283396 What about now Toker1؟
            day 41
            Click image for larger version  Name:	20190112_120545.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.45 MB ID:	283397
            Last edited by Iammygod; 01-12-2019, 08:18 AM.

Comment

• Toker1
              Toker1 commented
              Editing a comment
              In a 2x2 square foot space...4-6 ozs. You limiting factors are plant height and wasted light hitting the walls.

• Iammygod
              Iammygod commented
              Editing a comment
              Good. I just need 2 more ozs. Let it go and find how height can effect yield.

• Toker1
              Toker1 commented
              Editing a comment
              For my 600w, I let them get 20” tall before flipping them. https://www.growweedeasy.com/best-he...annabis-plants

rydin4life, I have grown with MarsHydro for years and use the guideline of 1ounce per 100w (led watts) as a max.
            So not more than a pound is likely the highest amount.
            Once you get close to that amount-then a change in lights will provide increased product.

This year I will be growing with a 100w CoB and a 100w Chilled Logic v.2- in a 2x4x6 tent.
            Reducing energy consumption by more than 1/2-
            I will be strategically placing the COB's for significant overlap coverage and will increase to 3 lights if I needed.
            It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
            http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X