• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LurkingInTheGrass
    commented on 's reply
    LOL - 'her'

you want them to all be 'hers' and 'shes', no Lola's

males sprinkle their pollen, and the ladies lap it up, then they make seeds. to make buds, you want frustrated females, with no male in site

until, you get to breeding (way down the road, from here)

welcome to the party, and subbed to your grow

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    That's nice of you to say D.A.A.S.69

• D.A.A.S.69
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, if it ain't broke ,don't fix it, from MrFurley, is great advice. So is everybody else's, .especially Alltatups, about loading up Your body, with the good stuff, she knows all about that stuff, and good luck .
    Your doing great, keep it up !!
    HappyGrowing

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Howdy ADY, keep up the good work, the sense of humor and the inventification of words like "ironical". I'm feeling a bit ironicalish myself today.

I'm taking a break from my AN nutes (have been using the ones you're using); for my hydro setup, the pH has always been balanced. But one of the things that concerns me about the self-balancing nute lines is that there's very little fluctuation in pH. I like to see it fluctuate so that the uptake is all along the spectrum.

I looked up bladder cancer and cannabis and tons of stuff came up. Here's what I thought was the best of the bunch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXPE_aqWjKQ
    I say, absolutely saturate your ECS (endocannabinoid system) with THC and all the other goodies. Get it saturated and keep it saturated. There's a bunch of us older hippie-type folks on this forum (as I'm sure you've noticed) who use and worship Cannabis for all of its extraordinary medicinal/spiritual effects. And there's nothing in the world like your own home-grown bud.

• 9fingerleafs
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, and if you google “growweedeasy +any topic” you find the main site article and all the threads related to that topic, many things have been answered already

• aintdedyet
    replied
    Thanks all …
    Tried to follow the manifolding tutorial on this site … except for the part where I snapped Jack 1 right where it hurts, it went pretty well. Had to take Passion to 16 colas vs. 8 in an attempt to slow her (him?) down during veg. That didn't work out too well … it's a strong one!
    Lots to consider … kinda like "if it ain't broke …", but adjusting the MGB ratio is a cool experiment to try ..,

Leave a comment:

• RagWeedDWC
    commented on 's reply
    I use a DWC setup for growing but I had to switch ferts, because I could not keep PH stable using AN, seem like I was always feeding way to much N, Thanks to sage advice from alltatup and flushing saved the day.
    I have a set of clones cuing up and will use AN at a different ratio then what is recommended. Less over all and in Veg, but a little more Grow, then during flower all but remove the Gro and increase the Bloom. Have not tried it yet, but finishing up a current set of ladies that Im trying something similar.
    I also had a heck of time adjusting lights and blamed the curled leaves on lights, ended up being to much nitrogen.
    Having said all that, yours look great and I could not recommend anything to improve.

• RagWeedDWC
    replied
    Welcome, I'm going to have to figure out manifolding and all the trimming I see being done. Great thing about this site, is if you have a question, someone has already been down the road and can help.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.furley
    commented on 's reply
    Welcome to the perpetual circle of pot problems and perfect pictures of plants @aintdedyet
    You by chance a Ohgr Fan?

So looking at your pictures I would first say if it ain't fixed don't break it, your plants look great for a new Grower and for now I would not change your PH.
    If you start noticing spots or discoloration on your leaf then move it.

Sorry to hear about your bladder, that sucks! keep you chin up.

• aintdedyet
    replied
    Thanks 9:
    You've touched upon what is currently my greatest concern.
    I selected the AN line of nutes in part because of their "pH Perfect Technology" … no need for pH adjustment.
    Been consistently getting runoff pH of 5.0 with an input of 5.8-5.9. Soil was prepared using a goodly portion of sphagnum and have been wondering if that might be part of the cause. Using charcoal-filtered tap water with a pH of about 7.0 to prepare nute mix. Spoke with the nute dealer about adjusting pH up and he advised against it … said it could in fact do more harm than good. He's also the guys who told me he just cuts off any problem leaf tips , and thinks I'm crazy for attempting manifolding on a my 1st grow (although he may be onto something there! ).
    Plants seem to be doing OK, but can't help but wonder if they could be doing better if I ignore his advice and adjust pH up with maybe just tap water and no nutes for the next watering or two.
    Thanks in advance for any advice, particularly to those that may have experienced this with the AN line.

p.s. ironical (yeah, I made up that word) sidenote: on the day I was welcomed into this forum I was told that in all likelihood I have bladder cancer. Will let you know how that turns out, but in the meantime … I aintdedyet …

Leave a comment:

• 9fingerleafs
    replied
    Welcome, you seem to be doing great. I love how funny you made this post, I got two recommendations for you: first you could water at higher ph in order to rise runoff ph, try 6.2 or even 6.5. And he second and most important, when in doubt remember your key learning number 3 we gonna have so much fun in this journal I’m sure

Leave a comment:

• aintdedyet
    replied
    Thanks for warm words of welcome. Three good take-aways so far in your responses:
    1. keep it simple
    2. keep a log
    3. recognize/use this site as a valuable resource

Thanks again ...

Leave a comment:

• starramus
    replied
    Your biggest error was discovering GWE too late. Stick around fella, and you'll become a master cannabis cultivator.

Leave a comment:

• KTM690
    replied
    Welcome to the show aintdedyet. Love the name and that was a blast to read I'm pretty sure you've covered the same mistakes and achievements we've all had. By the looks of things your on it pretty good plants look great I keep a journal of everything I do to them it helps a ton. Keep learning and always have this site for help. Your grow looks great and good luck I can't wait to see them in flower. Those jack herer are fun to grow I have 1 that 3 weeks from finish and has a great pine odor with super dense nugs

Leave a comment:

• D.A.A.S.69
    replied
    Looking nice, mj is a tough plant to kill,lol
    I've tried many different ways to grow, and the best way for me is to keep it as simple as possible,
    I'm glad you joined, bro, I'm sure you've got alot of valuable information to share !!
    Welcome to GWE.
    HappyGrowing

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X