X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trims Organic Closet Grow " White Widow "

(Germination) DAY 2
    The Paper Towel Method.

Hey buds. Hows it growing? I've been absent for a couple weeks getting my new grow setup for my new journal. Well my closet setup anyway. I changed a few things and got my closet in a better state for growing. I've got both my circuit interuptors mounted on the wall now along with my 600 watt ballast for my MH/HPS Light setup. I wanted to get all the wires out of the floor and up higher as so I will have a bit more room and most of all it will be much safer in case of a water spill, I can be a bit clumsey sometimes.
    I cleaned the entire inside of the grow closet for this up coming grow as I always do at the end of each grow. I made a few slight adjustments to my slelf in the closet I hang my lights and exhaust fan from. I added a 2X4 and 3 eye bolts as to bring the lights and fan out away from the back wall so the reflector want be laid against the back wall anymore and will hang straight and more fluid so the light reflection can be more accurate and even around the entire canopy when the time comes.I'll have some pics of everything later on when I get to that point. But as always first I'll be useing my CFL's for the seedlings for the first few weeks then after they grow to their 3rd or fourth node I'll slowly switch to the MH lights and gradully bring it down closer over time.
    Thats all for now but I'll be posting another update soon and until then have a good night and keep it green.

previous grows
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-grow-journal
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1-grow-journal

(Seed Germination) Seed soak White Widow X2 "Soak 48 hrs. in 42oz's of RO water with 3 drops of Clean Kelp Extract Nutrients added
    After 48 hrs. both seeds had popped and slightly showing root tips.
    Removed seeds from container and placed on glass plate ontop of paper towel and saturated towel with same soaking solution and placed drinking glass over seeds to hold in condensation.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181212_201955.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	546.1 KB
ID:	276454Click image for larger version

Name:	20181212_201752.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	571.4 KB
ID:	276455
    Last edited by Trimmings426; 12-16-2018, 06:14 PM.

Looking forward to your progress.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Day 4 Seedling Sprouts
      I can't believe the growth of these seeds. To tale the tale this is it. 48 hours of seed soak, 24 hours on the paper towel method, and 24 hours in the Burped Starter Plugs and already have popped through their plugs and are bout 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch tall, with colodel leaves and their first single serated leaves showing. I've never had seeds SPROUT and grow this rapid but I've also never used the seed soaking process before either so maybe that's the secret.
      I've still got plenty of FFHF Potting Soil left for the first few weeks of seedling to vegetative growth but got to order more FFOF for the transplant. I'm gonna do so e research on my strain tonight as well it's new to me and I've saw a few good looking journals on the site about White Widow Fem. Not using my 3gal. Fabric Pots this grow, I've got new 5gal. Fabric Pots this time. I've read and heard this strain can get a decent height to her so I'm not sure what train I g method I want to use with them. I'll either do another Manifold or Let method. I want to do another Manifold cause my last 2 Sou is gave me a really nice yield.
      Ok I'm just rambling about stuff now, I'll post another update later and till then have a good night and stay green.

(GROW SPACE) Closet Grow 2ft.X 5ft.X 7ft
      (LIGHTS) cfls for seedlings 23watt Natural Daylight 6,500k & 60watt Soft White 2,700K & 13watt Natural Daylight 5,000K
      600watt MH for Veg. 600watt HPS for Flowering
      (MEDIUM) FFHF For Seedlings FFOF for Transplant
      (POTS) 5 Gal. Smart Pots
      (NUTRIENTS) Fox Farm Organic Soil Trio "After Potting Soil Nutes Have Expired"
      (EXHAUST) 6inch Inline Exhaust Fan Through Ceiling
      (AIR MOVEMENT) 1-12inch oscillating fan Top of Canopy
      2 - 8inch oscillating fans Under Canopy
      (REFLECT) Panda Plastic
      (ENVIRONMENT CONTROL) Humidifier for Veg. Dehu for Flowering "Both with built in Humidistat"
      (STRAIN) White Widow Fem. X2
      Last edited by Trimmings426; 12-16-2018, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Subbed, along for the ride🍿

good grow to you

Comment

• Trimmings426
          Trimmings426 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for your interest and for the subscription. I'm looking foward to this grow, I've heard lots of good things about this strain.

Day 5 (Seedlings)
        Today I transplanted my babies into their Solo's and some FFHF Potting Soil, gave'em a drink and added 2 more cfl's to the lights, 13watt Natural Daylight 5,000K. Temp. is at a steady 79*F and RH is at 45% so all is at a good start for the present time being. Thinking about investing in a Swamp Cooler or some type of medium size evaporating cooler to keep the RH at a good level during the Veg. period for this grow.
        The RH is my worst enemy, no matter what I do or how hard I try to keep it good, the RH of all my grows have always been the part and place I struggle with. Everything else is usually at a good standing point.
        Controlling my RH is got to be my goal set for this grow. My babies are looking good and healthy at the present even though its only been a few days. Also, I have a 8inch oscilating fan slightly blowing a nice little breeze over top of my seedlings as to keep the heat from getting to them.
        I'll post the next update in a day or two and till then have a good day and stay green.

(LIGHTS) cfls for seedlings 23watt Natural Daylight 6,500k & 60watt Soft White 2,700K & 13watt Natural Daylight 5,000K
        (POTS) 5 Gal. Smart Pots
        (REFLECT) Panda Plastic
        (ENVIRONMENT CONTROL) Humidifier for Veg. Dehu for Flowering "Both with built in Humidistat"

previous grows

Comment

Day 7 Seedling
          How's is everyone doing? Iwanted to post a update and a few new pics of my new babies and their progress thus far.
          Both are looking nice and healthy and growing everyday at a decent speed. I check on them every evening when I get home from work and they have gotten a bit bigger. I've placed my humidifier in with them now for the last 3 days and have the humidistat set to 60% RH. They really seem to like the higher side of the RH. Now if I can just keep it at this range during their vegging stage I'll be doing great.
          As I mentioned in my last post I'm gonna add a Swamp Cooler in a few weeks or some type of evaporative cooler to try and keep a higher RH range for them later in the veg stage. I've never really been able to keep a good RH in veg only around 30% to 32% is all so I'm hopeing if I can do this, it will be rewarding in the end as I've read and saw on lots of my fellow growers journals and posts.
          If any of you have any other ideas to share with me about the subject please let me know.
          Well thats it for this post, the babies are still very young and not alot to discuss about them at the present but sa they grow into pretty girls and finally flower into beautiful ladies I know I'll have lots of things to share and discuss with you all.
          Until next time have a good night and stay green.

(POTS) 5 Gal. Smart Pots
          (REFLECT) Panda Plastic

previous grows

Comment

Day 11 Seedling
            Hows things going folks? Wanted to make an update and post a couple of new pics.
            I've noticed on one of the babies that she got a bit of spotting goin on kinda light green or yellowish coloring going on. I have them planted in solo cups as always and useing FFHF as the medium which has a stable pH level already but one thing I haven't done this time is pH'd the water I've been feeding them with, but as I said only one is showing this symptom and its mainly on the young single leaves and they'll die and fall off soon enough.
            I've moved the lights up a bit and got the fan blowing over the tops to where their is just a slight ruffle with the plants so the only other thing it could be I think would be the water I'm feeding with so I'll pH the other feedings. I just thought that with the good potting soil pH would be good enough but I suppose if the feeding water was off that it can like any other time it will knock the good pH off with the good soil.
            And as I do everything I do I could just be over thinking the situation.
            If any of you can think of something else let me know please, thanks and I appreciate it. Everyone have a good day and stay green.

Comment

• GreenState
              GreenState commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm enjoying following your white widow progress and pics. I have one WW growing, currently on day 11 as in your pics. So far, from what I've seen, it is a fast grower, racing ahead of my blue widow and far ahead of my gorilla glue.
              All sprouted within a day of each other. so I have a pretty good comparison, although I may have planted the GG seed a little deeper than the others. Looking forward to your progress.
              All the best

Day 16 Veg.
            Hows it going Folk? Been absent a few days takeing care of family and such as we all have. Hope everyone had a good Christmas.
            I got my youngens transplanted yesterday. This time hopeing I want have the slow drainage like last time it was a bitch with watering my last plants trying not to over water them due to the slow drainage. I added perlite to the soil last time but still had slight slow drainage, this time I went about 45% perlite and 55% potting soil FFOF. I watered them last night after the transplant but cause their still young and a bit small I only wet the soil slightly and didn't water till runoff. I'm useing 3gal. fabric pots again infact everyrhing is the same except a few modifications to the area and light hanging.
            Right now everything is looking really good and healthy and nothing to report now.
            Everyone have a good night and keep it green.

(GROW ROOM) Closet Grow 5X3X8
            (LIGHTS) 600watt MH for Veg / 600watt HPS for Flower
            (POTS) 3gal. Fabric Pots
            (MEDIUM) Fox Farm Ocean Forest
            (NUTES) Fox Farm Organic Soil Trio
            (EXHAUST) 420 cfm inline Exhaust Fan Through Ceiling
            (AIR MOVEMENT) 2 - 8 inch Oscilating Fans Lil Blizzard
            (HUMIDITY CONTROL) 1.5gal. Ultrasonic Humidifier Cool Mist

Comment

Looking great I'm pumped to see this grow out

Comment

• Trimmings426
                Trimmings426 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks 690 I appreciate that and I myself am ready to get this new strain on its way. My first time with the Widow.

Day 20 Veg.
              Hows it going GWE? Hope everyone is having a great New Years Eve Party!!! Myself got talked into working a half day tomorrow so I unfortunately want be staying up for the midnight fest but I'll get a early one in. Anyway, I wanted to make an update tonight and let ya'll see how my girls are doing. They both look nice and healthy only the one on the right, #2 is takeing off alot faster than #1 on the left. They both have the same number of nodes 5 nodes starting on their 6th node. However #2 is growing faster and stronger than #1 for some reason and the only thing I can come up with as to why is the humidifier. I'm useing a Ultra Sonic Cool Mist Humidifier and I have it beside #1 about 6-8 inches away from her but the mist has been hitting her a bit. Besides that I've done the same thing exactly the same to both at the same times no more no less. I'm useing regular tap water in the humidifier and I thought that might be the reason for the problem, besides that I really can't say. Nither are showing no signs of stress or nutrient problems so I've ruled that out. Also #2 looks more pepped up than #1. I've posted a few pics for you all to see what you think. Thats it for now and Happy New Year to Everyone at GWE. Talk tou ya'll next year.

(POTS) 3gal. Fabric Pots

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                9fingerleafs commented
                Editing a comment
                healthy happy and clean. all on point

Day 23 Veg.
              Sarted the training today. Decided to go with the Manifold Method again being how my last grow did so good in weight and yield. Plus I just like the way the plants look when their manifold trained and such.
              think I'm going to do the manifold a bit different this time though. My previous grow, and I'll post a link to that grow so everyone can see how it was done. I followed Nebula's exact directions for the topping.
              I allowed both plants to grow 6 nodes, after the 6th node was developed at a good enough state I topped both plants back to their 3rd nodes and cut away everything below the 3rd node away. Now I tied the 2 main stems I had left down and began to train them to grow out instead of up , to a point anyway. I made a wide U shape with them. Now I allowed the 2 main stems grow 4 nodes each on both plants, after their 4th nodes had come in good enough to top again I topped off the 4th and 2nd set of branches leaving the 1st and 3rd aand that gave me my 8 main colas. This grow I'm doing everything the same except the last topping part. I;m gonna allow the first two stems to grow out to their 2nd nodes and top them back to their first. From there I'm gonna allow the 2 main stems from eack branch to be the manifold still giving me the 8 main colas for each plant. I've saw pics on the GWE site in the manifold tutorial section and it looks really good and more together, not as spread out across the room.
              I guess thats it for now until my next update and pics, everyone have a good night and keep it green.

(POTS) 3gal. Fabric Pots

previous grows

Comment

Day 24 Veg.
                Not really got nothing new just wanted to add a little something I added to my arsonal this time round.
                I've been watching some YouTube video's about DIY cO2 generators so I've made one for my grow. It's nothing special yet it's just a small Vinegar and Baking Soda Generator but works pretty well and gives off a good shot of cO2. I'm ganna give them a shot about 3 times daily from the time the light comes on till I go to bed at night.
                I'm in the process of makeing a larger mor efficient generator now though from a 5gal. bucket useing fermintation process to make cO2 and this should last me around 3 weeks per mix.
                Thought I would try this and see how well it works for my girls and if I can see any difference from my previous grows.
                Ok thats all and everyone have a good night and keep it green.

Comment

• fallenmunk
                  fallenmunk commented
                  Editing a comment
                  LurkingInTheGrass

I've never noticed any smell coming from the airlock. If there is, it so slight as to not be noticable. My next brew I might put some flower in there.

• LurkingInTheGrass
                  LurkingInTheGrass commented
                  Editing a comment
                  LOL - been many years since I brewed, we used the airlock of the time , they never really sealed 100%

• Trimmings426
                  Trimmings426 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I haven't started the fermintation bucket yet, at the time I'm still doing the vinegar and baking soda Co2 blasts 2 times a night or when the lights are on. I do the first blast bout an hour to hour and half after the lights first come on and again at the 4th or 5th hour of lights on. When I do start the fermintation Co2 discharge I'll post pics and updates on the process.

Day 28 Veg.
                Hey folks, how are things growing? I'm closing in on the first month or the 4th week of growth and today I did the 2nd topping for the manifold. I decided to do it a tad different with one of the girls this time to see if it would make any difference in growth and yield.
                Plant #1 on the left I am doing Nebula's tutorial manifold technique and on Plant #2 on the right I'm doing it a little different. Both plants will still have the same method with the 8 main cola's only one will be have the 4 cola's coming off one main branch and 4 coming off the other main branch, this is how Nebula explains how to do a manifold and the other way I got from a pic off the GWE site. Plant #2 will have 2 branches coming off one main stem and will get topped 1 more time before the manifold will be complete and 2 branches coming off the other main stem that will get topped 1 more time before complete, giving this plant 4 cola's as well on each main stem making a total of 8 cola's as well. I'm sure I'm making this really confuseing the way I'm trying to explain it so I've got pics that will do the explaining for me ,thank god lmao.
                Apart from this everything is going good still except I'm starting to notice a few yellowing and brown spotting here and there a little bit. I'm watering with plain tap water and useing nutes every other feeding. The ppm of my tap water lies about at 94 ppm so I'm thinking maybe I could use a bit of CalaMagic/CalMag. The spotting kinda resembles a mag. def. and with such a low ppm in my tap water I was thinking it may not have enough calcium and magnesium in it to give sufficient levels to my plants. If you think I'm wrong about this please comment and let me know and instill more knoledge onto me.
                Well thats all I got for now and everyone have a good night and keep it green.

​​​​​​​(GROW ROOM) Closet Grow 5X3X8
                (POTS) 3gal. Fabric Pots

previous grows

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
                  Editing a comment
                  94ppm tap water, nice and clean

add the cal/mag

• Trimmings426
                  Trimmings426 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you so much for that knowledge, I've always wondered if I needed to actually use the CalaMagic. Now if you can answer this it will be great. I am useing the Fox Farm Organic Soil Trio for my nutrients and Fox Farm Ocean Forest for my medium. Will it be ok if I use General Hydroponics CalaMagic 1-0-0 for the calcium/magnesium supplement instead of the actual CalMag that is normally combined with the FF nutes? And again thank you for the help.

• LurkingInTheGrass
                  Editing a comment
                  now remember, Im a hydro guy. but I expect any CALMAG should be pretty basic (Nitrogen, Calcium, Magnesium, Iron)

the GH CALiMAGic (same as I use) indicates its good for soil and soilless mediums

I think it will be ok

Day 34 Veg.
                Starting into their 2nd month now and looking good,green,and healthy. I added to my list of Fox Farm Nutrient Arsonal a couple days ago and it arrived today. FF Bushdoctor (Sledge Hammer&Boomerang.)
                I've did alot of reading on the 2 products and I thought it would be wprth the money spent to pick up a qt. of each for when I flush my pots and or if I run into a defiency. I do have a ? about some defoilation now at their young age, really just for my #1 plant. I've got the pics to show what I'm talking about but you'll know when I tell ya'll about it.
                Ok the foilage is starting to get thick and on my manifolded tops they've already developed 1 or 2 sets of growth tips on each top. The main cola's are getting their share of light and air but the ones underneath them are blocked by the thicker foilage growth. Now I know I don.t need to take much if really any leaves in this young age but tucking leaves isn't working well ,I've done tried this and its just not working and those tips need their light and air,so would it be ok and above all safe to take off a few leaves to allow them to get their share of light and air?
                Thats all I've got for now really just Q&A stuff. Ok all of you have a good night and keep it green budz, until next time.

(POTS) 3gal. Fabric Pots

previous grows

Comment

Day 36 Veg.
                  Hey guys, whats up? Wanted to do a quick update on my grow, nothing inperticular just what I've did to them last night and today.
                  In my last post couple days ago I stated my girls have just entered their 2nd month of veg. I flushed my post last night with a gal of ph'd water at 6.60 in with Bushdoctor Sledgehammer. I'm gonna flush usein Sledgehammer every 4 weeks and till the flowering flush. When I feed again I'm gonna add with my normal nutrients mix a propper mix of Bushdoctor Boomerang come back formula. After the flush last night they look great today and have grown over the dark period about 1 and half to 2 inches, to the point that on my #2 plant I had to super crop 3 of her tops that were getting taller than the others so once they get back up they should be bout the same height again.
                  Today I trimmed a few fan leaves and just a few moments ago was reading a post from Mr.furley that you should leave a stub when trimming fan leaves. I didn't know this and was wondering why you should do this when trimming fan leaves and was wondering what I should expect from me trimming the fans close as I can to the stem?
                  Thats all I got for now but all of you have a good night and stay green.

(POTS) 3gal. Fabric Pots

previous grows

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X