Original skunk #1 grow journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original skunk #1 grow journal

Started 2 Skunk #1 seeds germinateing on Monday the 16th.
    Started the germinateing process in a small Jiffy Propagation chamber using the Jiffy starter plugs.
    Got my heating mat and thermostat under the chamber set on 80F. And keeping the plugs nice and moist with RO WATER.
    Should take about 7 days or so for them to pop up, in the mean time got cfls on the plugs 24 7.
    This grow I'm going to attempt to do a MANIFOLD Grow using Nebula's design idea. Looking forward to this grow and all the back and forth feed back we will give one another about all our new grows. I'll pop off a couple of pics of my small set and up and I'll send more when my new babies decide to pop up and see the day. Everyone have a great grow.

Previous Grow
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-grow-journal
    Last edited by Trimmings426; 09-01-2018, 05:39 AM.

DAY 0NE of WEEK 0NE
    Both seedlings sprouted today, to my surprise it only took 3 days of germination.
    As I was checkingout the plugs and seedlings I noticed the tap root was exposed from the bottom of each plug,so I went ahead and transplanted both seedli vs into solo cups with Fox Farm Happy Frog as the MEDIUM so to not allow the exposed tap root to get damaged.
    After the transplant I watered both till top of soil was wet and had a little runoff. The runoff came almost instantly so both have really good drainage.
    I am currently using cfls for seedlings and have got a deep dish aluminum foil pan rigged as a reflector hood. I've got so e new cfls on the way and they will be here tomorrow or Sunday, 23watt/100watt equivalent 6500K daylight spectrum and 3 10 inch reflector sockets with the squeeze clips. That's all for now have a great night and a great grow.

(GROW SPACE Closet Grow 2ft.X 5ft.X 7ft)
    (LIGHTS) Cfls for seedlings
    600watt MH for VEG 600watt hps for flowering
    (MEDIUM) Fox Farm Happy Frog for seedlings
    Fox Farm Ocean Forest for trans plant
    (POTS) Solo Cup for Seedlings
    3Gal. Fiber Airation Pots for Transplant
    (EXHAUST) 6inch Inline Exhaust Fan Through Ceiling 420 cfm
    (AIR MOVEMENT) 12 inch oscillating fan 2 6inch clip on fans
    (REFLECT) Panda Plastic
    STRAIN) Original Skunk #1 x2

Previous Grow
    Last edited by Trimmings426; 11-25-2018, 09:17 PM.

Comment

• Trimmings426
      Trimmings426 commented
      Editing a comment
      Got my new clamp reflectors today but had to return the cfls cause my lack of attention had me order the twist and lock and I need the screw in bulbs so PRI red the shippi g label and repackaged wrong bulbs and ordered the right ones. Should be here by Monday.

DAY 4
    My babies are looking nice and healthy as of now, gave both about a 1/4 cup of RO WATER after I got home from work today. Soil was dried out on top and the plugs were as well so I gave some love. Has been no stretching only nice leaf growth and nice and green, uplifted towards the lights. Seems to me they are nice in size for only the 4th day. Got a couple of pics for everyone. Too, a check on the drain holes on the u Dar side of the solo's to make sure their roots hadn't started to grow through as to get damaged and so far nothing, will continue to check daily from this point on till transplant. Hope you all have a great day.

(GROW SPACE) Closet Grow 2ft.X 5ft.X 7ft
    (LIGHTS) 23watt Cfls for seedlings / MH for Veg HPS for FLOWERING 600watt
    (MEDIUM) Fox Farm Happy Frog for seedlings / Fox Farm Ocean Forest for trans plant
    (POTS) Solo's for seedlings / 3gal. Fiber Airation Pots for Transplant
    (EXHAUST) 420 cfm inline fan through ceiling
    (AIR MOVEMENT) 1-12inch oscillating fan & 2 6inch clip on fans
    (REFLECT) Panda Plastic
    (STRAIN) ORIGINAL SKUNK #1 X 2

Previous Grow
    Last edited by Trimmings426; 11-25-2018, 09:18 PM.

Comment

I still have a couple of jars of Original Skunk #1 and besides of some decent smoke. The one thing that stick out are the Rock Hard Buds.
      "Treachery and Old Age will overcome Youth and Skill"

1st Grow

Peyote Wi Fi Seedsman
      Blueberry Seedsman

Comment

DAY 9 VEG Original Skunk #1
        Hey growers, how's everyone doing this morning? I had to pull a club. Shift and just got home and wanted to do a post and update on my new grow. I was checking on my babies a few minutes ago and discovered that the lower leaf of one of them had some small pale yellow spotting on them and realized that she had over night grower really close to the light. Think she got a little light burn on her lower leaves. I immediately moved the lights up a bit as to correct the problem. I've been checking the bottoms of the solo's everyday for the past few days to make sure their roots hasn't grew through the weep holes and not yet but I am beginning to see the tips of the roots so just a few more days and I'll be transplanting them to the 3gal. Smart POTS. Other than the light burn this us are still looking good, everything is currently on track. Got some new pics to post and I'll be talk I g to you all again in a few days less somethi g crazy happens. Everyone have a great day and good growing.

(LIGHTS)Cfls for seedlings / 600watt MH for Veg 600watt HPS for Flowering
        (MEDIUM) Fox Farm Happy Frog for seedlings / Ocean Forest for trans plant
        (POTS) Solo Cup for Seedlings / 3gal. Smart POTS for Transplant
        (EXHAUST) 6inch Inline Exhaust Fan Through Ceiling 420cfm
        (AIR MOVEMENT) 1-12inch oscillating fan / 2- 6inch clip on fans
        (REFLECT) Panda Plastic
        (STRAIN) Original Skunk #1 Feminized X2

Previous Grow
        Last edited by Trimmings426; 11-25-2018, 09:19 PM.

Comment

DAY 11 VEG. O Skunk #1

Whats up GWE? Not posting on my journal tonight, but instead I wanted to stop by and show everyone my new light setup I finally opened up and put together tonight. Hell I've only had it about 2 months, but I really didn't need it till now so its ok. I'll be transplanting my little ones to the 3 gal. smart pots tomorrow. I looked today and noticed their roots are starting to grow through the weep holes in the bottom of the solo's I've got them in at the time so its time to move'em. Thats really all I was wanting to do, I'll post some pics of my new setup tomorrow after I have transplanted the youngens, have a good night all.
          DAY 12 VEG.
          Hey Folks what's up? I wanted to finish last night's post and post my pics of my new light setup and freshly transplanted babies. Just finished watering both, only gave them bout a 1/4 gal a piece cause now their in the 3gal. Smart POTS. Didn't water the entire area only the perimeter around where the root ball is planted no runoff cause didn't water enough, as they grow I'll pick up the amount I water them of coarse. They are both loo,ing good. Put my new MH bulb in today to, I've used the previous bulbs, the MH and HPS on the last 3 grows so was to e to retire them. Got the lux setting at around 46,000/50,000 and my over all temp. Is 79°F going to turn on my humidifier shortly as the humidity is 39% My setup is consisting of a much bigger reflector and a cool tube I've researched and though the cooling hood is the best everyone says which is what I've been using I've read that the cool tube stays a lot cooler and you can have the lights a bit closer to your plants so thought I'd find out for myself. That's all for now so gonna post my pics and everyone have a good night and grow.

Previous Grow

Last edited by Trimmings426; 11-25-2018, 09:20 PM.

Comment

These are the pics from the top post

Previous Grow
            Last edited by Trimmings426; 11-25-2018, 09:20 PM.

Comment

DAY 15 VEG

(After this post I'm going to start posting weekly as to give my girls some scale and a timeline to grow on. After my last post I was some what aggravated with myself and how I screwed up my last grow and pretty much shit on all the work I did, then I figured what the he'll, you gotta make mistakes to learn from them and I guess as long as I learn from them I'm doing good.)

OK now back to my current grow. My girls are just past the 2 week mark and are looking nice. Something that has me confused is this though, their leaves are really big and wide and I was searching the differences in sativa and indica plants their characteristics and read that sativa leaves are skinnier and indica leaves are fatter like these are with mine. I researched my strain where I purchased them at seedsman and they are mostly sativa (Original Skunk #1) I've got pics to post. No big deal just curious. So far all my seeds have been viable from (Seedsman Original Skunk #1) and (Nirvana Northern Lights) all seeds I've germinated

(LIGHTS) Cfls for seedlings 23watt Daylight 6500K 2 per seedlings
              600watt mh for VEG 600watt hps for Flowering
              (POTS) Solo's for seedlings
              3Gal Fiber Airation Pots for Transplant
              (EXHAUST) 6inch Inline Exhaust Fan Through Ceiling
              (AIR MOVEMENT) 1-12inch oscillating fan 2- 6inch clip on fans
              (STRAIN) Original Skunk#1 X 2

Previous Grow
              Last edited by Trimmings426; 11-25-2018, 09:22 PM.

Comment

DAY 18 Veg.
                What's up growers? Wanted to give a update on my grow. My girls got to their 6th node a couple days ago and today I topped them both to start their MANIFOLD BASE. As I've said in my last journal this will be my first manifold. But I've researched Nebula's tutorial and think I've got a good bit of knowledge on the subject. I've checked out the pics of hers and other growers manifolds and their great plants with huge colas. My new light hood reflector is great and reflects 3 times as much as my first hood did, I love this one. Think I'll get much better results from this one. I can grow 4 or maybe 6 plants under this one but now I've just got the 2. Got some pics to post and I'll give another update Sunday.

(STRAIN) Original Skunk#1 X2

Previous Grow
                Last edited by Trimmings426; 11-25-2018, 09:23 PM.

Comment

• Retodd
                  Retodd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They're looking nice! Im doing a grow journal on my white widow autofems. Airbags are the shit aren't they? I just started reading your journal a few min ago and was wondering why you started in solo cups...lol. I was going to go with a metal halide, but it would cost me $20+/mo. What made you go with it instead of LED? Just curious. Btw, you have a new subscriber.
                  T
                  Last edited by Retodd; 08-09-2018, 03:00 PM.

• changeofpace2014
                  changeofpace2014 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I like how you attached the anchor line across the smart pot into the fabric. I will

• Scarletwhitewidow
                  Scarletwhitewidow commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ive read about manifolding .you top bend the two and grow the shoots off them in to buds...thanks.Going try it on a new clone i have started

Day 21 Veg
                While checking on the girls this evening I found on #2 her preflower, no pistils yet but few days. I've been trying to raise the humidity during the lights on cycle, it stays a little lower than it should so I already added a warm mist humidifier a few months back and it helps a bit. Overall it raises the RH from low 20's to mid 30's. I am reading about a cool mist humidifier and seing that that type may very well work a bit better. The info from the cool mist humidifiers states that that type infact is more for raiseing the RH than the warm mist. I thought because of the steam the warm... gives off it would be more efficient but it maybe the other way round going off the research I've been doing. If anyone has any more info from their experience from useing the cool mist type I would appreciate the feed back.
                I've been trying a little something useing my air condictioner floor vent in my grow room for my grow area, I'll post a couple of pics. Nothing special or complex at all just a 4inch ducting boot through the wall of the g.room into the g.area for the fresh air intake I already had going on and a 4inch doulble insulated ducting. I've ran the duct line from the intake boot straight to the floor vent and set it on top of the floor vent to pull the cold air into the grow area to help raise the humidity more. As of now it has raised the RH from the mid 30's to 40% RH, last thing I've been doing is every so often I take a fine mist spray bottle and spray the leaves with a very fine mist of room temp. water and that has helped raise the RH some, I don't let big drops set on the leaves as the light will burn that spot. As of now thats as high as I can get it with what I've got going on to raise it. My girls are growing good and at a fast pace. Since I created the Manifold Base, the 2 splits are already working on their 4th node already so in no time at all I'll be taking them down to the 3rd node and removeing the #2 nodes from both girls and I'll be done with the cutting and can begin the training and tieing Only going to work with the standard 8 main colas per plant as in the tutorial. At the time both are looking feally nice and uniform.My feeding schedule is consisting about every 3rd day. Now I've only been adding the CalaMagic and Clean Kelp Nutes every other feeding, but was wondering if I should be adding those 2 every time I feed? As for the stems their all nice,thick,and green not purple so going so as far as it looks now no mag... def... so I guess that answers my own ?.
                Ok,have a great grow.

(GROW SPACE) Closet Grow 2ft.X 5ft.X 7ft.
                (STRAIN) Original Skunk#1 X2

​​​​​​​Previous Grow

Last edited by Trimmings426; 11-25-2018, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Man...what all your doing for them amazes me. I wasn't planning on adding anything like that to my tent. You have me wondering if I'm under doing it. I guess I'll just see. Your 10 days ahead of me on your grow. It's nice to follow someone's grow that's at the same rate as I am. Can't wait for the next update. They look nice

Comment

• Trimmings426
                    Trimmings426 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What type of training are you doing and what strain are you growing? We can keep one another updated on each others grows and compare notes. I've been working on a spreadsheet for my feeding schedules,pH readings,Lux readings,nutrient schedules,(when I begin them Im currently useing FFOF for my medium and the potting soil is feeding the nutrients at the time.) Got the date of all the info. Got humidity readings and temp. readings measurements in F*(Both these when lights are on and when lights are off. I also ordered a cool misting humidifier today, one that actually sprays a fine mist on a 360* turner low,medium,and high out put spray.I'm hopeing this new humidifier will complete the job and raise the humidity to what I'm trying to acheive, and that is between 60% and 70%. i got no problem when I switch to flowering stage cause it don't need to be as high as it does in veg stage, plus I've got a commercial grade dehumidifier I run in my grow room and allow my intake to pull into my grow area the proper amount of humidity and it works great but have to actually run the humidifier inside the grow area to raise the %tige. If there is something you don" understand there are many folks on this site that can assist you, me I'm still learning my way to. I've learned alot but can still learn much much more, knoledge is power you know. You have yourself a good night and a great grow.

• furrysparkle
                    furrysparkle commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Same exact thing with me he’s 10 days ahead of my coco grow

My journal is white widow autofem indoor grow. I have my list on there of everything. I'm not as intricate as you are. I'm still basically old school. Only thing I really monitor is the temp and ph. Still new at using the site, but here's a screenshot. I update every wed and answer mail daily
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Trimmings426
                    Trimmings426 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Just out of curosity, you made your own super soil useing the additives you named in your post? And if so you may not need the extra nutes cause you've done got a good combination in what you have mixed up. And did you research the amounts of ingredients you have mixed your soil with cause their is a kind of recipe to mixing your own super soil, if thats what you have done. Only asking to try and help and give advice. I myself have never mixed my own super soil and there for no nothing much about it, but I have did research and read about other growers who have and have read that when useing super soil that you really don't have nor need to add extra nutrients to the mix because the mix itself contains all the nutrients you need with maybe an exception to Cal-Mag and Kelp (Seaweed Xtract) which is and does wonders for stress related problems. Root stress,Heat stress,Etc. Anyway just thought I'd kick that back to you. I've heard alot of good things about the White Widow strain and I intend to give her a try myself in the near future. By the way your babies are looking nice so far keep it up (bud).

Trimmings426 I actually do the same mix my parents have done. I mix a large amount up, wet it, and test ph and fertility as I go. Got to figure, moms been growing since the 60's and increased and mastered her craft after '76 when they bought the farm from my grandfather. When I plant the outsiders I pour my piss around them every few days to keep the varmits away. I've used coyote spray in the past also. I have a lot of deer here. I have to watch my dogs getting into the blood meal too. I've never used cal mag. I'm going to try bud candy for mag this year for the first time. I use copper sulfate to keep bugs away and they all get spritz with fish emulsion every week. Also mix some in with the rain water I collect to treat the roots. Here's a cola from last year. It was OG Kush. I wish I knew where I had the pix of last years harvest. When I layed it on the table to take a pic my mom put a flower in it...lmao
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Trimmings426
                    Trimmings426 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Damn bro, for a newby sounds like you could maybe teach me a few things. I've did the piss pouring myself what few times I've grew in nature. which actually next season I fully intend to put my last 2 Northern Lights Fem. out and allow mother nature to run her coarse. I grew 3 indoors my previous grow and though they turned out ok they should have been much better and way more potent. I think I may have cut them a bit early but when I see amber trichs to me that tells me its time to cut but maybe should have allowed another couple weeks. They say its alot more common to cut to early than to late so think I may have screwed myself.

Trimmings426 I think we all just teach each other new things. I took that pic to send to a YouTube follower I deal with to have published in one of his videos. You'd prolly crack the fuck up dealing w my 70 yr old mom. She's still taking part in my grows and will correct me. I don't know if I wrote it, but I'm a 43 yr old high functioning quadriplegic. I did write a post in here before about when to harvest. It sounds like you did at the right time during the 'golden' hour. Once you use the eyeloop and see amber trichromes you give it a week. It's the longest week ever! It's why we've always waited like 5 days. I've grown northern indoors with my friend, they were his clones and I just helped. It was a learning experience for me. He had like 70-80 in his grow room. My neighbors grown them outdoors and just left them be. They were huge! I'm just looking forward to the jock horror next year. I get a bit paranoid tho, cuz the one neighbor I have behind my farm was busted for having a couple fields growing on top the hill. We just never group them together and keep the outdoor grow under 5. It's a misd. in KY and a $250 fine for that amount. I'm fucked this yr tho for having 4 outside and 2 indoor and a clone now...lmao. Fuckin government. I'm hoping Trump does abolish the gov on weed

Comment

Trimmings426Retodd
                    You guys know how to link things in your signature?
                    I’d love to see your journal retodd but your screenshot isn’t loading right on my phone
                    Grow and good luck
                    Current grow:

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...lly-grown-meds

past grows:

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...2-grow-one-off

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...hello-everyone

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X