Trims Organic Closet Grow " White Widow "

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 44 Veg.
    Hows it going GWE? I've been experimenting with my #2 girl doing some monster cropping. I've been doing it all along a tad but not really heavy and only slightly paying attention to how it can effect the growth of the plants. Before I was actually scared or nervous that I was going to mess up but now after experimenting a bit more with the technique I'm alot more comfortable doing it now. Normally I would only bend one stem and let it go at that but this time everyone that is taller I've been monster cropping and paying close attention to how this technique effects the plant growth and its actually pretty awesome how you can make the lower and younger stems beefer and stronger at the split from the main stem of the bent stem. I've noticed that the lower stems that were short with not much growth and not getting taller have started to grow taller and more stronger as to be able to support the future flowers to be. Where those grow off the main stem that has been bent the two stems have got big knuckles like they would if you topped and split the dominance. Plant #1 I've only did a slight bit of monster croppng cause of the way I've did the manifold but my #2 girl is more spaced out and with alot more room between the tops and future cola's to do every stem if need be. I've got the pics of the M.C. I've done to #2. I'll get those posted later this evening after the lights come back on. Gonna have to feed today also the pots are starting to feel light.
    Well thats all I got for now but I'll get those pics posted later.
    You all have a great day and keep it green.

(GROW ROOM) Closet Grow 5X3X8
    (LIGHTS) 600watt MH for Veg / 600watt HPS for Flower
    (POTS) 3gal. Fabric Pots
    (MEDIUM) Fox Farm Ocean Forest
    (NUTES) Fox Farm Organic Soil Trio
    (EXHAUST) 420 cfm inline Exhaust Fan Through Ceiling
    (AIR MOVEMENT) 2 - 8 inch Oscilating Fans Lil Blizzard
    (HUMIDITY CONTROL) 1.5gal. Ultrasonic Humidifier Cool Mist
    (STRAIN) White Widow Fem. X2

previous grows
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-grow-journal
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1-grow-journal

Comment

Day 46 Veg.
      Got some new pics. And wanted to show how much I defoilated my #1 girl. She was really thick and bushy and no light penetration could get through to the middle area to the shorter smaller growth and the tops, but now they have good light penetration and can get their energy to grow bigger and taller and add to my final yield when its time.Of coarse I'll end up having to lollipop a couple few of'em I'm sure but atleast they have a better chance to develop as the more adiquit tops. After I defoilated her she looks alot better close to my #2 girl. Which by the way since I did the last of the monster cropping a few nights ago and tied the bent stems down she looks really nice, I forgot to mention the other night while feeding both I grabbed a run off sample from both and tested and both had a run off reading of 6.3. Thats in a pretty ideal range and I've been feeding in the lower range pH levels as to allow uptake of all the nutrients I've been feeding. Think for the next few feedings I was thinking about raising the pH level going in up to atleast 6.5 or 6.6 to allow different amounts of levels of nutes to upload if you will and make sure to give all I can to both my gals. I'll have to say this for sure, the White Widow strains can handle alot of nutrients without getting nute burn. I started them out at 1/4 strength moved them up to 1/2 strength in bout a week or so and at times I've been adding as much as 3/4 strength and haven't had a single complaint from either girl yet. she's a tough strain. They are only starting on their 7th week in veg and now when I open the door a few minutes and close it walk out the room and back in a few minutes later I can smell them strong so I can only imagine how its gonna be when they start flowering and developing buds, hell I'll need 2 carbon filters to scrubb the smell out. Any how wanted to give this update on the defoilation and post the new pics there of. Have a good night and stay green.

(POTS) 3gal. Fabric Pots

Comment

• PaganRich
        PaganRich commented
        Editing a comment
        Superb mate, really enjoying this grow immensely

• Trimmings426
        Trimmings426 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks bud I appreciate your comments and likes. I don't

52 days Veg. 18/6 to 12/12 Light schedule flip today, (Begin Flowering Cycle)

Whats up folks? Wanted to do a update post tonight. I flipped over to flowering cycle today or actually last night, just getting round to posting it tonight. I origionally was going to wait till the girls were 8 weeks Veg. to flip over but as you can see their getting taller and not having a whole lot of height to work with I thought it may be a good time to flip'em over at 7 weeks which was yesterday. Both girls look really nice and healthy and I think as long as I cankeep'em this good I should have another great yield. I fed with nutes last night, my nutrient mixture consists of the following.
      1. G.H. Armoured Si (1/2 ts)
      2. G.H. Cala-Magic (1-1/2 ts's)
      3. Bloom City Clean Kelp (1 ts)
      4. Fox Farm Organic Soil Trio
      Big Bloom (2 ts's)
      Grow Big (2 ts's)
      This isn't what it recommends, this is my own trial and error solution mixture of about 3 grows of learning.

When I start seeing the pistils beginning to form and grow in I'll start adding the last feature to the mixture and start cutting down on the Grow Big adding less Nitrogen to the mixture and more Phosphorus and patasiom. Ive really enjoyed watching these to girls grow into beautiful ladies. This is my first time growing the White Widow Strain and this is probally so far my favorite strain I've grown. I'll definately go another round or 3 with this one and thinking about cloneing a few for my next grow and have maybe 6 to 8 smaller plants we'll have to wait and see what happens and what I want to do or try new. But for now thats all for me on this post and I've got a few more pics for my journal. Everyone have a good night and stay green.

(POTS) 3gal. Fabric Pots

previous grows

Comment

54 Days 3 Days Since The Flip)
        Whats up ya'll? Wanted to chime in for a small session and talk about a few things on my mind. This isn't really a update just thoughts that come to me this evening once the lights came on and I got a look at my girls for the first time today.
        As I've already said, I love the Manifold training method and thus far its my favorite and one that has got me the most from my ladies in every way especially at harvest time. Until I try other types of training methods later on, maybe for my next grow, I'll stay with this type for now.
        The real thoughts came from me really looking into my girls form and over all structure. As you've saw in my posted pics from this current grow with the White Widow Strain I did 2 different styles of the Manifold method. For girl #1 (front) I used Nebula's Manifold method (Let plant grow 6 nodes, top back to 3rd node, allow both new tops to grow 4 nodes, top #4 node and cut away the 2nd set of branches leaving only the 1st and 3rd set of branches to grow, giving you the Manifolded Plant with 4 off shoots on each main branch a total of 8 cola's, then train accordingly through out the vegetative growth cycle.)
        (Girl #2 (back) I used a different style of rhe Manifold method. I also saw a picture on the GWE site of this certain Manifold method. For this style you begin the same way by allowing the plant to grow 6 nodes and topping back to the 3rd node and what I did next(cause I couldn't locate any instructions on the procedure only a couple pics) was I allowed the 2 main off shoots to grow 3 sets of nodes and I topped them back to the 2nd set of off shoots and completely removed the 1st and 3rd set. I then allowed the 2 stems on each main to grow 3 nodes and topped back to the 2nd set and removed the 1st and 3rd sets of off shoots giving me the Manifolded Plant with its customary 4 cola's on each side a total once again of the 8 main cola's.)
        Personally I really like the 2nd style better because for me it gives me more room to work with and as far as the Monster Cropping goes their is plenty of room for me to bend and secure multiple taller stems without their being thick growth and useing the 2nd style allows for more distance between the cola's and alot easier to defoilate the plant. The down side is the time it takes to complete all the over all topping to complete the Manifold. However to me the ending result is very much worth the extra time in Veg.
        Either way I do the training of my grows usually keep my girls well in the Vegetative stage for atleast 7 to 8 weeks to allow the over all structure to get established and be good and strong enough to support those massive flowers she'll make for me and a plant yo yo or 8 don't hurt anything either I've discovered,LoL.
        Well now that I've probally waisted enough of ya'lls time with this boreing ass shit I'll let you get back to yours, everyone have a good night and keep her green.

(POTS) 3gal. Fabric Pots

previous grows

Comment

• PaganRich
          PaganRich commented
          Editing a comment
          Trimmings426 Afternoon mate, what height are you planning to flip at out of interest? Interesting thoughts above mate

• Trimmings426
          Trimmings426 commented
          Editing a comment
          I flipped them over last Wednesday and their height was at 2 ft. both.

• PaganRich
          PaganRich commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for that mate

57 Days (6 Days Since The Flip)
        Hows it going ya'll? I did a good defoilation to both the young ladies and had to do some more Monster Cropping to #2. I got home from work this evening and her top main colas were taller by a inch and a half so I did the M.C. A total of 11 tops. I'm hoping this will be the last of the training I'll have to do to either ladies and just adjust the light and fans from now till harvest. Both are starting to develope their top pistils now but I want start counting as Flowering days until they develope their small tops of pistils. Breeder states that White Widow their seed from Nirvana has a flowering cycle of 8 to 10 weeks. I go by this info only I add a week or two to the time breeder pack states. Now of coarse I always keep a really good check on the trichs for proper and exact time of harvest but as saying bout the breeder package info I've come to realize by adding a week or so to what they say it is usually correct. Got a few new pics to post also. Thank you who have been following this grow and I hope you have enjoyed it. I try to do as good and detailed journal as I can for the site and people who follow. I really enjoy the pass time and I love growing and checking out all of your journals at the same time.
        Well that all I got for now but I'll post another soon, until then you all have a good night and keep it green budz.

Comment

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking good Trim.

62 Days (11 Days Since The Flip 4 Days Flowering)
        How's it going folks? I wanted to bounce in and talk a little. I've been down for a couple days now with a bug and man its got me by the roots LoL. No really its got me down and feeling like hammered ass.
        Hell I had to leave work early yesterday and thats something I never do I'm always at work and never miss for anyting less its really bad. Anyhow just to say watch out for it it's going round.
        Ok to the real stuff. I did a Nute Feeding tonight and Wednesday I'll do a 4 week flush, I've been doing that for this current grow and it seems to have helped keep the pH levels in a corresponding manner. I haven't had a single fluctuation this grow fingers X. Before the feeding tonight though I did a final defoilation and lollipop of both ladies. I accidently snipped off one wrong stem that I didn'n intend to but I got it snipped at a 45* angle got some rooting hormone on her and put her in a starter plug Jiffy and put her under the flowering light with her sisters. I'm not sure if it'll take or not I've never tried to do any clones before especially in begginning stage of flowering but I suppose it should still work I hope and maybe turn out a decent small yield a decent bud or 2 anyway.. Its one I previously monster Cropped and shes got 4 Nodes on her and a nice starting cola top. I'll keep an eye on her and do frequent posts about her on the side, kind of a journal in a journal so to say. I'll post all the recent pics from the day later but it'll most likely be later on into the morning tomorrow or actually today it's after midnight in my neck of the woods.
        Well I suppose thats it for the time but Ill get those pics posted in a bit, everyone have a good night and keep it green.

Comment

These are the pics from late last night's post as promised 2/10/19

Comment

Here is a pic of the clone, the accident but if she takes hold she might turn out better this way as supposed to the whole.

Comment

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              Clip the tips off all your fan leaves except your top crown of new growth. It help your clone focus on rooting.

• Trimmings426
              Trimmings426 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the tip Mr.furley I'll take care of that right now. By the way, bout how long does it take them to begin to develope their new roots?

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              I v had roots start after 2 days and then Iv had it's taken 2 weeks . Strain has a lot to do with it, some don't like to be cloned, as does where it came from on the plant and what stage your plant is in, What you do also can influence the on set. Cloning gel, super thrive, vitamin b, Aeroponics, bubbler cloner.........

69 Days (11 Days Flowering)
            Hows it going budz? Startin to feel a little better from time to time and then few hours later I'm down with my sick again.
            I've did a little more monster cropping since last I posted, kinda tweaked a couple a bit to much and had to put some tape on them to lat'em heal, hopefully. It's happened before and they were ok in a few days or so, so I'm sure they will be.
            Anyhow I'm not gonna do anymore training to either of my ladies, cause I don't want to cause them to much stress during flowering. I've read that some folks Monster Cropped on up into the 5th and 6th week of flower but I want to make sure I don't screw nothing up with them. Judging by the way they are looking only in their 1st week of flower I think this should end up being a really nice harvest, still really early so don't want to jinx myself.
            I've did more Monster Cropping this grow than I think I ever have and I've gotten comfortable with it. Just thinking into the future, I think maybe for my upcoming grow I'm thinking about only growing 1 plant and maybe allow her to grow taller and just go crazy with the technique and see what I can do. If only I had my spare bedroom empty again so I could set my grow tent up and get it going. It's hard useing a 2ft. wide area, now the length is good at 5ft. maybe one day my siblings will decide to grow up and fly the coop,or they'll piss me off enough and I'll just kick his ass and sling him out the front door, LMAO.
            Well thats all I got this post so till next time. Everyone have a good night and keep it green.

(POTS) 3gal. Fabric Pots

previous grows

Comment

Trying a little experiment between both girls. Done been tried before by lots but wanted my own results as well.
              Tonight I did a heavy defoilation of my #1 plant and left my #2 alone and staid with the last defoilation I did to her when I lollipopped both bout 3-4 days ago. I want to see if the yield will be better with a heavy defoilation or if it's better to leave a decent amount of leaves on the plants. I got pics of the two and I'll keep a separate record for the experiment. Oh and I forgot to let everyone know that my little flowering clone has been laid to rest due to a very stoned kitten, he found a play perty and went to town with it plug and all. Little stoned kitten was almost laid to rest he just didn't realize it at the time cause of the katnip.

Comment

• Tyrell404
                Tyrell404 commented
                Editing a comment
                My little 🐈 will go to town on my plants if I leave the tent unattended for more than 5 seconds lmao

76 Days Grow 18 Days Flower

What's up ya'll? Nothing different here, just getting ready to water my gals. Tonight is a Regular Feeding, with only Cala Magic.
              I'm gonna feed my girls take a shower to wash off the day and get ready to watch my show THE WALKING DEAD.
              The girls are looking good, only a couple nights ago I had a slight accident and snapped one of the main trunks the wooded part big at the base nearly off. I rushed into my rescue mode immediately and think I've saved her life or that part anyhow. It was a 1/4 of the plant. I was being careless and not paying good attention to what I was doing once again when it happened. I took a plant twist tie and twisted the 2 pieces together good and tight so they were as they were together then took some black duct tape and ripped it in half and taped around the split as to keep any and all bad stuff out and the good in.
              Ok anyway its been bout 3 1/2 days since it happened and she still looks good and the hurt part is still looking good as ever so yes I think she's gonna be just fine. However I'll leave the splint on her for a good while and possibly until harvest unless she starts showing signs of needing it removed as if she is trying to grow more at the base which I don't think she'll be doing.
              Her flowering stretch is pretty much done with cept for a few more days maybe give or take a few.
              Ok thats about all I got for now so until the next update, stay safe, have a good night, and keep her green.

(POTS) 3gal. Fabric Pots

previous grows

Comment

77 Days Growing 19 Days Flowering

Hey ya'll. Got kind of a simple question and wanted to post it on my journal as to show all my mishaps, unknowns, and progress together. Anyway, what I was needing to find out is how far up into flowering stage can I defoilate my girls? I defoilated bout 3 weeks before the switch and again right before the switch. Well both are getting really thick again and looks to me like they are needing to be thinned again. Not sucker leaves but sugar leaves smaller with tricolmes covering them. Now myself I wouldn't even ask cause I don't want to take any of those beautiful sugars off but their so thick you can't see any light penetration through the canopy to the soil. I already lollipopped both as well and I suppose I've already answered my own question and I'm not going to trim nothing more but if any of you think I should let me know. I have new pics posted on yesterdays post only one day old so you can check those out for a visual. Thanks for the help and everyone have a good night and keep it green.

Comment

• Mr.furley
                  Mr.furley commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yep, I do a good 25% cleanup twice in the third week of flower, I tuck and Pluck till week six and reassess another. Sometimes I will strip a good amount the last week to let as much light in, depends on what the plant is asking for. I rarely strip or remove sugar leaf until trimming.

• Trimmings426
                  Trimmings426 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What if they are blocking the light? Thats the main problem I was having and had to remome a decent bit cause tucking wasn't working. Please tell me this want hurt my girls. I hope I didn't fuck up!!! And thanks for your help and feed back bud I appreciate it.

• Mr.furley
                  Mr.furley commented
                  Editing a comment
                  A good light will penetrates a couple layers of leaf, but when three leaves are stacked on top of one another then you take one. You will be fine, pictures below look good. I pull leaf the whole grow and have striped plants bear before, didn't see much different.

77 Days Growing 19 Days Flowering

I hit the site and was reading Nebula's defoilateing tutorial and got the answers I was looking for. So I went ahead and did the final 3rd week of flowering defoilateing and opened up all the bud sites good.
                I tried to make mine look as close to hers as possible, I left all the smaller sugars and just took all the suckers and as much of the thickness from underneath as possible. I got some pics of the finished plants so you can see and let me have some feed back. It probally sounds silly me having to ask such a rookie question but this is the 1st time for mee with White Widow and she has lots of thick under and over growth. I never had to defoilate this many times before with any of the other strains I've grown so this is kinda new for me.

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
                  LurkingInTheGrass commented
                  Editing a comment
                  nice RACK (not the stand)

{8o_

• Trimmings426
                  Trimmings426 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for the good words bud I appreciate it.

84 Days Growing 26 Days Flower

Hows it going folks? I haven't been around much this week just in and out but I wanted to do a post tonight and get some new pics out and just see how everyone was doing. The last week and half I've been doing a flip flop shift, working between 2nd and 3rd shifts on a big asbestos job consisting of tile (VCT) and mastic. Both products were hot and at a high percentage. I started back on first shift today and man it was nice but hard to get my days and nights back in order. Hell I must be getting old or something, cause this swing shift tears me down. Anyway I modified my area a bit Saturday before I went in. I cut another 4 inch intake hole and added another flex duct 4 inch as to have more fresh intake air go through and around my girls. Plus another reason I did this was to have the dehu. running in the grow room and allow the exhaust fan in the grow area to pull and cycle the dehumidified air/environment to enter the grow area and keep the RH low around 30% 35% to keep the mold and critters out. This seems to work the best for my setup cause I can't put the dehu inside the area for lack of space and the extra heat it will add during lights out. Now the only thing I've got to watch for now is the pH. The last 2 times I've checked the runnoff after feeding them its been in the high 6 range on both around 6.8 so their both right on the line so I need to bring the pH down when I water next few feedings to probally 5.8 if I remember right until the pH is back to the desired spot.
                Well I guess thats all for thr time being so I'm gonna get my pics posted and sign off but you all have a good night and keep it green.

(POTS) 3gal. Fabric Pots

previous grows

Comment

85 Days Growing 27 Days Flowering

Hey folks, hows it going? Just wanted to jump in and make a quick post about the pH issues I was talking bout last night in my post.
                  I did a nute feeding tonight and before I adjusted the pH of the nute solution down to 5.84 for both plants as both was beginning to show a high pH reading near 7 last couple times I fed. Tonight during the feedings I waited for the runnoff to start the drip in the middle of the pot and then I took some runnoff and did a pH test reading on it as to allow the water to go straight to the roots system really good .
                  After testing the reading I got back was at 6.58 for #2 and 6.49 for #1. this was a good reading and I'll do this atleast 2 or 3 more times to hopefully allow the pH to restabelize itself back to the mid range.
                  I'm happy with these results on this feeding and both girls are still looking really nice and healthy good and green.
                  I'm feeding currently with a nutrient mix consisting of this mix as follows.

1/2 tsp GH Armoured Si
                  1 tsp GH Cala Magic
                  3 tsp FF Big Bloom for next 2 weeks then down to 2 tsp
                  2 tsp FF Grow Big for next 2 weeks then down to 1 tsp
                  2 tsp FF Tiger Bloom for next 2 weeks then down to 1

( All mixture is based on Per Gallon of Water)

Thats all I got for the time being but I'll post more thoughts and pics in a few days, till then everyone have a good night and keep it green.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X