No announcement yet.

First Grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watered the girls again tonight, roughly 2L every 48 hours seems to produce decent run off and keeps the soil moist with my basic non brand soil. Can’t wait to try mixing perlite through better soil next time

Checked the run off on all 3. 2 now seem to be coming back into range, 1 @ 6.1 (from 5.8) and 1 @ 7 (7.2).

My 3rd auto is proving to be difficult. Iv had my soil gauge in it for over a week and it reads low ph @5.2/5.3 but my run off is bloody 7.4. I put another 500ml of plain water ph’d to 5.5 to see if that would slightly reduce run off but it put it even further out @7.6. With no change on the soil gauge.

Apon reading more on PH meters I will buy another couple and handle them with better care and see if my readings change.

Any help on this would be much appreciated as I’m now confused.com

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you storing your pen in water? Do you check the calibration frequently?

• Peebz
      Peebz commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr.furley I lettirely read last night that had been storing my meter wrong and Iv no solution to calibrate. Going to buy a couple more today and store them better.

Can I just fill the cap and put it back on or just leave in a cup of water?

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Small cup of water.

Day 68 in the big sister house.

So so I went for the flush on my big plant. Flushed 2g/10l with plain tap water to 6.1 and checked the run off after 1g and then again after 2g. Still reading 7.8 🤦*♂️

Iv decided I’m not messing about with her any more, just going to keep giving her nutrients as normal and see how things go.

I trimmed some more leaves off to keep them all opened up to my pathetic little light. But good news! Iv ordered a 450W viperspectra. Doing some calculations this should increase my light by roughly 66% going by the average power draw of both LED’s.

My Photo LSD is looking big and bushy in her veg stage. I took some close up pictures of her as I see lots of growth tips like she wants to flower but she is still on 20/4 light cycle. Can any one fill me in on this? My rh is between 39%/45%

Took some more photo’s of the canopy tonight as well....
    Last edited by Peebz; 12-06-2018, 05:38 PM.

Comment

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't check my runoff - never have.

Comment

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Your new light will improve your bud density - will be a good and big difference.

Comment

Went in to check on the ladies tonight. 2 seem to be getting on really well and buds starting to thicken a little. . But the other definitely has some defincies going on. I’m not messing about with them any more, I’m now on top of my poor watering/feeding/ph’ing practices. Hopefully tightening things up will help her along.

Got a new viperspectra 450W light going in Monday to help thicken them buds up in the last few weeks they have left.

My LSD is starting to invade everyone’s space so I decided I would do some plant training after being inspired by “the battle of the beards” thread by paganrich and redwasp. I did t have proper stakes to peg her down properly so ties will have to do until I can get the proper ones.

going to move my grow room about also and make a veg cupboard so I can plants going at all stages. Try and get my skills up a bit by more volume. Enjoy my notebook scetch 😂😂....
      Last edited by Peebz; 12-08-2018, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

It's looking really nice. Just keep up having fun and taking pleasure from what to me is a very enjoyable hobby. The bud will forever flow.

Comment

• Peebz
              Peebz commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks redwasp. All ready picked up so much in my first grow.

Happy with how my first one is going. Hopefully I can get my lsd to flower thicker buds with better light.

Your thread with paganrich has made for good reading 😂

• Redwasp
              Redwasp commented
              Editing a comment
              We try to make it informative and fun. Glad to have you there for the ride.

So another quick update,

got it my new LED today and got her hooked up straight away next to my other LED with only the “bloom setting on as I’m using the new light more so for the girls in flower.

Did sone more slight defoliating with my auto’s to help unblock my bud sites. I will start trimming more leaves off this week as I think they only have a week or 2 left.

The smell in my tent is starting to develop nicely and starting to see the buds thicken slightly. Hopefully the new light will fatten them chicken leg cola’s Iv got 😂.

Thought i I might be able to sample some of my own product this year but definitely not going to happen, I’ll just be patient and wait.

the LSD will just have to wait until she gets flipped into 12/12. She been in veg for about 10 weeks so far so probably 12-13 before I have the room to flip her (some training mistakes have slowed it down a touch).

Comment

Comment

Got a cheap lens kit for my phone today. Took a couple quick shots with it. Need to set it up on a tripod and get better ones. Couldn’t hold my hand steady enough 😂

Comment

So another feeding tonight, starting to get into using an organic nutrient base. Im strting to see why the flowering stage is seen as a bit boring. just a little trim here, trim there, water and wait for them ladies to fatten up. all though my pathetic first attempts at growing wont be "fat". if my plant was human and a british doctor put them on the scales I reckon the doctor would be throwing donuts at her.

On a plus side, I bought a new ph meter which told me my old one was miles out and what is causing some odd deficiencies. hopefully moving forward this wont happen.

tonight was the first night I unzipped my tent and was like now that’s a good smell. Whilst taking slow deep breaths of weedy goodness. Plus my mrs told my I was stinking after seeing to the ladies for an hour. I also can’t stop smelling my fingers. I’ll leave your imagination on the last one but I promise it was just the resin 😁😂
                  Last edited by Peebz; 12-12-2018, 06:33 PM.

Comment

• PaganRich
                    PaganRich commented
                    Editing a comment
                    lol You sure? Glad the lass is coming along nicely mate

After a lovely weekend away mixing business with pleasure (always wanted to say that) I got to see my ladies after 4 days.

I was worried I’d come back to wilting plants but they was looking sexy, fat and frosty! Giving them to waterings closely together was enough to keep them going but that soil was as dry as an Arabs sandal 😂

buds are really starting to thicken now, still no sign of any amber trichomes so I have a little time yet. I’m going to leave these girls until I notice a good bit of amber trichones before I start flushing them.

They are now a good 5-8 days over, I suspect another 2 weeks at least before harvest

here are some photo's of my two bigger plants (my third plants is poor, very low amount of growth points, struggled with deficiencies for to long) and of my canopy from tonight.

Reakky going to work on my training techniques for next grow to fill them corners in my grow space.....

Comment

Comment

• PaganRich
                      PaganRich commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Peebz That is a nice grow space set-up mate

• Peebz
                      Peebz commented
                      Editing a comment
                      PaganRich thanks. Now to stop being an idiot doing stupid things 😂.

All I’m happy about getting to harvest, the rest needs work 😂

• D.A.A.S.69
                      D.A.A.S.69 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Peebz Looking great ole buddy, nice job.
                      Don't go by what the Seedbanks say, go by when all the pistils have turned brown-red, and have receded back into the buds.
                      Some pistils don't always turn redbrown, but most of them do.
                      Also go by the trichs on the calyxes, not the sugar leaves, the sugar leaves always show amber a couple of weeks before the calyxes do.
                      Your plants are very frosty, nice brother, keep up the excellent job .
                      You are doing great, your buds will only get fatter, by waiting, and in 3-4 more weeks, you will have some excellent smoking ,powerful buds to be proud of, that you can enjoy, with your Wife, and friends, that you trust.
                      Have a great day Peebz,
                      HappyGrowing

Giving the ladies another feed tonight, unfortunately Iv run out of my “grow” nutrient last feeding and I don’t have the money to buy more right now. I do still however have my other bloom, top max, heaven and cal/mag

I noticed 1 or 2 ambers appear so it will do for now as I suspect maybe another week before I flush for 2 weeks.

But strangley my focus is not my first harvest right around the corner. But my photo LSD plant. She got me all starry eyed. Really happy with my training of her and she’s had a good time in veg. She’s ready for some more training but I’m running out of room haha. She might just have to go on a diet and grow upwards

Just waiting for the auto’s to get cut down and I’ll get to flip her. I managed to correct a few major mistakes before I made them with this plant and she is looking strong so far. Lots of growth tips close together now that Iv pretty much given her 1 one the LED’s to herself.

I took a couple more photo’s tonight of my 2 stronger Auto’s and my LSD photo on her throne in the tent....

Comment

• Peebz
                      Peebz commented
                      Editing a comment
                      PaganRich, me to! Love the idea of having my grow organic and having a hand in all areas of my plants process and considering I’m surrounded by farmland, getting good base soil and a place to let it cook it seems silly not to.

I watched a documentary once about the ganja plants they grow and smuggle out of Africa and the master 4th generation growers kept referring back to the African soil that makes the ganja so good and so strong.

I will keep you updated when I get things started my man 👍

• PaganRich
                      PaganRich commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Peebz I`m looking forward to that mate...super soil, very, very envious mate. Would be lovely to do an outdoor grow safely in good weather. Growing massive sun soaked plants-what a lovely way to spend a day

• D.A.A.S.69
                      D.A.A.S.69 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Peebz living soil ,super soil is the only way to go ,imo.
                      Plus it's more fun than growing is, you don't need all that exotic stuff they advertise either, just keep your soil very simple, when you make it, Mate
                      HappyHolidays
                      HappyGrowing from Dixie

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X