First Grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 7

i have seen smalk inprovement with my two big auto’s and in that time I have done some reading on watering techniques and ph problems etc.

Iv come to the conclusion after have almost a week of incorrect PH nutrients I was also under watering them as I had not been watering with any run off. So I believe I have a bit of salt build up in the soil and decided to flush them out.

1.5L plain PH’d water and 2L of correctly doses nutrients at the right PH. I has just bought a soil PH/light/Moisture meter and it told my my soil was all sky high 7+ along with the run off water.

Good News is my LSD has hit her 4th node and ready to be trimmed again. So I trimmed to the 3rd not but for some reason I cocked up and cut a pair of growth sites if I shouldn’t have. So angry the second I realized it 🤦*♂️ But hey ho
    Last edited by Peebz; 11-24-2018, 03:08 PM.

Comment

took some progress photo’s of the inside of my grown tent for you all to have a nosey 😁.

Last edited by Peebz; 11-24-2018, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Comment

After doing more reading on GWE I see a lot of guys trimming/defoliating their auto’s and it does make sense to me. But a couple guys that helped me say they don’t trim auto’s because they wont recover.

But i decided to do some defoiliating today and have a real look at how my plants are getting along.

So to date I believe I’m at day 57 with the auto deisels and LSD is day 50 with a manifold attempt.

There was getting a slight height difference again between the small deisel that split her cola and the LSD versus the to bigger ladies so I put small wooden blocks underneath to bring them a bit closer to the light.

I also got to see my first trichomes forming around the bud sites 😁.

Got my humidity sorted and and now sitting at 45% pretty steady along with a much more consistent 20/24 degrees C.

Took some photos of them all inside and out the grow room today after defoliating......

Comment

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Peebz. Looking nice, bro.
              You are not hurting a thing by removing some leaves from autos.
              What I always do is remove the inside leaves, the outside leaves don't block anything, plus I always try to remove only a few at a time, say 10-20, then wait a couple of more weeks and do the same again if needed,
              That's all i been growing lately is autos, it's easy to slow them down, if you take too many off at one time.
              Your doing great, keep up the good work.

D.A.A.S.69 Thanks, don’t think I removed that many, was to scared 😂.

When would you stop removing leaves? Should you just leave alone in the later stages of flower or continue allowing more light to the buds?

Comment

• BurningTeddy
              BurningTeddy commented
              Editing a comment
              Every strains different there, so I cant give a for sure answer.

If shes still gaining height and putting out new fan leaves your not quite done stretching. During this time I take a couple older leaves every day blocking lower bud sites, from the inside of the plant, like D.a.a.s mentioned. I also trim off any sites/branches that just have no chance at becoming anything, whether they're blocked by a main stem from the light or just to low in the canopy.

If I had to guess a time for you it'd be 2-3 more weeks of stretch, you'll notice when shes done.

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Peebz. You did a nice job.
              Burning Teddy gave you some nice advice.
              I got a picture of one oh my short plants that I will try to show you if I can find it, but by harvest time she had no leaves at all left on her.I can't post a picture here but I start a post where I can. Down lower.

• Peebz
              Peebz commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks BurningTeddy & @D.A.A.S.69

I’ll keep pruning away every 3-5 days then and keep the light coming 😁.

Would you do photo’s the same way then?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181005_185136.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	827.4 KB
ID:	270349Click image for larger version

Name:	20181005_185136.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	827.4 KB
ID:	270350
            Cfls for a week or two
            315lec for everything else
            Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

• Peebz
              Peebz commented
              Editing a comment
              They look amazing 😍. Bud sites from tip to base! That’s some amount of trimming as well 😳

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              @Burning Teddy, I start at the bottom and slowly work my way up , untill they are no more leaves, except a few at the top, outside leaves,
              I take the inside leaves mostly, these are autos, and were ready to harvest at day 65..But over the last 40days, or so, and a week or so before I cut them down, there is hardly any leaves left to take off.
              Only benefit I see, they get more light down deep.
              We used to dry trim them, back in the outlaw days, still an outlaw where I live, now, but we grew lots, an lots of plants back then.
              That was way to much work, lots easier to trim them when wet.
              But everyone does things differently.
              The 2autos I'm growing now, don't look like the picture above, cause I haven't been able to baby them, we have been gone alot, they lucky to be alive, not kidn either.
              Peebz, thanks man, they sure smoke good.
              I don't know how 2pictures got on there, lol
              Sure wasn't trying too.

Good Luck with both of y'alls grows.
              Ps, don't listen to me though, some of the scientists will tell you, to not remove leaves,lol
              If you can, check out Green75 grows, he hates leaves,
              Last edited by D.A.A.S.69; 11-25-2018, 07:15 PM.

• Peebz
              Peebz commented
              Editing a comment
              D.A.A.S.69 that’s the 2nd time in a week Iv done some defoliating and they seem to take a little spurt after it’s been done 💪👌

Next little update after my pruning attempt.

They certainly have taken another little spurt after defoliating them which I’m happy about.

But my big lady is showing signs of a deficiancy which is strange as I slightly up’d the nutrient dose this week.

My other 2 plants have slight Nute Burn but not this one.

i re checked the run off PH run off and it was 6.8. I now have my soil PH meter deep in the soil and it’s reading like 6.3/6.6 roughly (it’s not a digital meter) so not sure what’s going on.

It could Be that my soil doesn’t drain well. My watering schedule is roughly 1.5/2L every 48 hours. I see people watering the same amount daily
            Last edited by Peebz; 11-27-2018, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Peebz, only water when your pot is light weight, use how much water it takes until you get a little runoff, they ain't no certain amount of water to use, just make sure you pot is lite weight, before you water her again, when your pot is very lite weight, pick it up, then water until you get runoff, an pick up your pot again, it will be very heavy this time, then dont water again until its lite weight again, its very easy to do, after you do it a time or two, i promise, if i told you to do something, that hurt your plants, i couldn't sleep at night, that's why I don't try to help much, unless it's something I'm sure about.
              But our family an I are going to be gone for a while, tonight, for several weeks, but I'll try to check in on you, if I can.
              There is plenty of great help on here, if you need any, and good luck, your doing great, brother, keep it up!!
              I'll talk to you another day, plus Nebula has great tutorials, to go by, if you need any help.Check them out, She has got everything covered nicely.
              Later Peebz, HappyGrowing! !

Comment

So you’re growing all of those with that one little light?
              “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
              192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
              3 Gal Smart Pots
              FoxFarm Trio
              +Open Sesame
              +Cha-Chang
              +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
              192w t5
              Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
              FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
              FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

Day 65 on the Deisel Auto,s certainly not the biggest plants and seem to be taking their time and the buds don’t seem to change much. I could be getting impatient as well though.

Found the run off in all 3 of my auto’s were off the other day. My biggest one was 7.4 and the other 2 were 5.8.

Just to busy this weekend to get time but tonight I flushed with offset ph’d tap water (around 3l each) then added 1.5l of nutrients ph’d to 6.4/6.5.

the big lady showing signs of resistance and stuck at 7. I’ll just offset its nutrient ph slightly and see how she goes.

I also did a little defoliating. As they seem to have grown more from a week. Took some photo’s in the natural light.

Comment

Last 2 pics are of my main lined LSD photo. Obviously cost me some time defoliating to much at this stage but live and learn.

Was the whole point of throwing it in. Hopefully make a better attempt next time 👌

Comment

Peebz It seems you're getting a pretty good grip on this growing thing, but the difference bigger and brighter lights would make will shock you. Powerful lighting is more important than anything else for big and happy plants

Comment

• Peebz
                    Peebz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks Primo. Certainly over estimated the power of this LED as I had it to far away for most of the grow. Over 24” for first 45 or so days. But it’s now about 16”-18”

I will also be a viperspectra to add next grow and I’m going to start the first few weeks with CFL’s really close to stop them stretching. The LED I have was a powerful option in my budget range. It was also my initial setup so couldn’t buy all the fancies I would like 😂

This forum, the journals and nebula’s tutorials have made great reading to help me out

That is very impressive for that light. I looked up that particular light and it is only pulling 120watts on average from the wall. The number coming from the wall is what I use to determine my lights. When you get more lights in your tent you are going to be amazed at how much bigger your plants and buds will get. For what you have now your grow is going very well.

Comment

• Peebz
                    Peebz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks redwasp, as I said I totally over estimated the power of the light but looking into upgrading next time round. I spent money on a half decent setup but couldn’t afford a fancy LED.

I will keep that in mind for the future about how much power they draw as I didn’t realize it was only 120w.

After more defoliating yesterday and the flush my ladies took a noticeable growth over night which is promising. Hopefully new growth over the next week will show me if I’m on the right track

Turned the light off and took some photo’s of the Deisel auto’s. My grow tent is 2.65ftx2.65ft
                  Last edited by Peebz; 12-03-2018, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• Canuck147
                    Canuck147 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    They look great! Now to fatten up.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X