No announcement yet.

The Great Auto Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next up at 17 inches tall at 47 days - Pistil Packing Candy Kush Click image for larger version

Name:	20190715_055103.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	322070Click image for larger version

Name:	20190715_054902.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	322071Click image for larger version

Name:	20190715_054854.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	322072Click image for larger version

Name:	20190715_054751.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	322073
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Just doing what you do best they look so healthy. My sweet tooth is flowering but it's not got as many leaves and is not as deep green.

Spidermite Two of the 3 grapefruit are budding nice, but still nothing on the 2 glues. My gf is 5’10” to give a idea of height on the glues. I don’t know wtf is going on w them. Still have plenty of time.

Comment

• Spidermite
      Spidermite commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking great and absolutely no worries on the GG. Plenty of time as it is a very fast flowering plant.

I am lucky where I am as the season is from April until almost December.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      that 5th picture is how and gorilla grow is supposed to look lol ,talk about being invisible ,are those autos or photos?

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      oldjarhead100 They’re all photos.

Yes there is still time. In area where i'm in even the hemp growers are struggling do to cooler wetter spring now summer. We do have warmer weather but late starts or too early putting them outdoors slowed down growth and extended time frame. Those are very good looking grapefruit plants last one is a beauty. I'm hoping we all just get dry fall through end of Sept. My hybrid indicas tallest being 2 mama mia are over 5 1/2ft just not yet showing preflower i'm thinking 2wks here. WW photo 5ft Burnt cookie 4ft. critical kush under 3ft. (she's had issue from start) 1 gorilla bomb photo is just a month old. I'm sure gonna have to drag that into greenhouse to finish off later down the line. Got a sweet tooth and Durban poison auto about 1month to go. And to throw myself into further chaos I have 2 more auto seedling hardening off to be transplanted into 3gal. fabric pots I tell ya I go bat sheet crazy during summer. Hey can I PM you about those pipes you make ?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Spidermite
      Spidermite commented
      Editing a comment
      oldjarhead100 This has been a weird year outdoor. We had 40 plants transplanted outside april 1st (a very small percentage of what's out there though) go to full flower and finish by June 1st. These were not autos. They grew about 3 feet tall and just budded. No idea what the hell that was. The hundreds of others that were planted with that set are just starting to show preflowers. None of the plants we planted later did that. We have 10 different fields and only those 40 plants did that. No clue with that shit was. They all came from the same mother who is over a year old so they were definitely not autos.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think I have a plant with preflowers ,I just didn't believe it lol , Glad its not just me

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think I have a plant with preflowers ,I just didn't believe it lol , Glad its not just me

A little update on my fruit punch auto from heavyweight seeds. It was a freebe. Day 75ish. Supposed to be a 90 day strain but I topped her so I'm guessing she'll be a few weeks behind. Start g to smell really nice

Comment

• Spidermite
      Spidermite commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking really nice. Those buds are fattening nicely.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      very nice healthy looking girls

• SirSmksAlot
      SirSmksAlot commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks guys

First picture is of my Cinderella xx shes really expanded in the last 2 weeks ,I will keep topping her until the beginning of Aug.,the second picture of some wild morning glories climbing the fence in the GH and the third is of a very nice surprise I had cut down my grape arbor to make room for the GH well this is one of the 2 plants putting out new shoots I tied them down yesterday and will run them out of the GH and to a new trellis ,maybe not this year but it was growing about 10lbs of grape a year so it deserves to Finish its life
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Spidermite
      Spidermite commented
      Editing a comment
      oldjarhead100, What kind of grapes are they? I love grapes. My favorite are really just a southern thing mostly. I love Muscadine grapes. They grow wild here but we plant them along with several other more common grapes. Glad your grape vine came back.

How is the rest of your garden growing this year? Ours are doing great but the great Japanese Bettle battle is still in full swing.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      its doing great and they are concord grapes but super sweet

My gangs all here - rare sunny day -;major rain coming overnite. The weather sucks in North America. Couple big ass indica leaves beside my lanky sativa which is now at 46 inches. Click image for larger version  Name:	20190717_062108.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.59 MB ID:	322600Click image for larger version  Name:	20190717_062045.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.37 MB ID:	322601 Click image for larger version

Name:	20190717_062927.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	322603
    Last edited by Canuck147; 07-16-2019, 01:31 PM.
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      if you hadn't said anything about those leafs how many would be like WTF thats odd lol

Hello All ! Update on the spring/summer grow with all the girls having a Wonderfull time outside. The weather has been hot with little rain and the plants are sucking up water real quick but loving it just the same!
    I have harvested my CY-CLONE and the tent is getting cleaned for another clone to enter, "Bernadette" that has been growing outside. It has the ideal shape for the type training I use. My Spring/summer grow, 2 - Acapulco Gold Gen -1 clones, 5-Acapulco Gold Gen-2 clones (1 is "Bernedette") and 1 white cheese and 1 Gorilla Glue getting ready for the Box. Good Growing !!

Comment

• Colombo
      Colombo commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Guys, I appreciate the support !! ojh, I just have them on the board as a buffer between the ground. No holes. I'am trying to get a wooded garden display from Lowes with 3 rack shelves ideal for starting cloned plants. If I get it I will post it. Love Macgivering things LOL

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Colombo, those look so fabulous outdoors like that!!!

• Colombo
      Colombo commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks atu ! I was contemplating a Christmas in July photo with lights and ornaments LOL. They are starting to hit second gear at 2 gal's of water a day in the heat, 101.4 yesterday but they love it.

Did the name come from the figure of Burnadette on Big Bang Theory. Lol Nice
    You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• Colombo
      Colombo commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think my girls will ever look that good LOL ! I chose the name from a song by the Four Tops (the good old days) "Bernadette"

Ok dropped my seeds for my next photo grow. Iced Grapefruit, Hairy Lemon . Stoned Henge, and Baked Alaska.

Have about 4 weeks left on the photos. My next autos will be (all by fast buds) Blue dream-amatic, StarDawg (one of the best smokes I've ever had,) Girl Scout cookies (now in permanent rotation for every grow,) and Big C.
    You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      whos the starDawg from I would like to check it out ,

9fingerleafs Good show! 😂

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      haha example: gosh im such a stoner...

I went out to water the woods grow yesterday and I wanted to show you this plant I had three that did this when I first put them in the GH ,the two others recovered but not this one its still growing at a substantial slower rate lol , I would say it was heat stressed but its not ,the last picture is about the size of all the other plants
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      it does look similar ,if it were mites then wouldn't the rest of the plants have some

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Third plant looks great!!! Good luck with the other.

• Spidermite
      Spidermite commented
      Editing a comment
      I would say heat and maybe a bit late on water. I've had that happen twice inside. Only one plant out of 6 in the tent. It never formed proper buds. What it did do was have the same number of trichomes it would have had with huge buds. It was a sativa and it made you feel like you could conquer the world. I miss that smoke. Lol

Here we go, its the hottest week of the year, 85*F this morn, the girls were showing heat stress yesterday. It amazes me just how fast the ground can go from mud to dry, I watered last night! 97 yesterday hotter today, if we can just get through the next week or so,,,,
    Also took clones and have them in the modded cloner

When all y'all need to water the outdoor girls, when do you do it and why?
    I watered the girls at dusk, so the vapors dont steam the girls and the water has time to absorb into the ground, also the girls have a chance to hydrate themselves for the next hot day.

Comment

• SirSmksAlot
      SirSmksAlot commented
      Editing a comment
      I also water at dusk for the same reasons. Seems to make the plants happy

• MmmHmmml3
      MmmHmmml3 commented
      Editing a comment
      About the same temps here. Do you use mulch at all? I put 2" of some dark hardwood mulch on my auto that's in a airpot and it is holding well. Not sure if mulch affects absorbing nutrients.

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      I have some very old hey, like over 30 years in the barn,,, the Headbanger is having issues with the heat, she dont like 100*F with humidity, feels like 106*,, so I have about 4" layer around her. I do have some outdoor in pots, they show lite signs of heat stress, but they get over it as soon as the sun is off them.

My idea of a room with a view - not heat here, rain and wind - hence my exiles are in the house. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190718_101516.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	1,017.3 KB
ID:	322919
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Spidermite
      Spidermite commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking good. And yes we had over 10 inches of rain down here in the last 3 days. Glad I have no plants in flower outside atm.

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks - I can handle the rain in the winter, but that much in summer just makes for a big mess for everyone.

I am down I want to do my first sea of green, I bought 10 sensi skunk autos from Sensi seeds. I will be ready for December.

Comment

Wow, water cure is amazing. Just smoked some Auto Duck that was cured 6 days and then cut into smaller pieces to fan dry on mesh rack overnight. The stem is still a bit soft, but the bud grinds and vapes great.

Not sure if it's just me, the strain or what, but my bud doesn't look right unless I squeeze it really tight. It doesn't look appealing and dries real fluffy. Photo below is a few scraggly buds squeezed into what looks like what I am use to.

Do you find home grown buds just look different because they aren't compressed and shipped off or can you grow buds that naturally dry this way? The best way to explain is the stuff I have looks like cheap weed unless I compress it down, but it gets me super high.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MmmHmmml3; 07-18-2019, 12:36 PM.

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      There is nothing wrong with fluffy buds,,,, more light (helps) make the buds tight. I have the same issue using CFLs, the GFs first plant was topped and kept short it finished with nice tight buds, yet she prefers the second plant with fluffy buds (for its pain relief) that was not topped and let grow out.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you trim with a bud spinner it will trim your buds as tite as you want but why they look great ,Unless you sell pot you want nice tight buds but I dont sell it and I like leaving a few more sugar leafs on

• Spidermite
      Spidermite commented
      Editing a comment
      Some buds just dont look like what's in the magazines. The best smoke I've ever had, and I mean all of the best smokes, were ugly as hell. But one toke of it and everyone just wanted it all. But alas no. Mine mine mine

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X