No announcement yet.

The Great Auto Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiyas! Apologies for not checking in, my mom's latest biopsy was much worse, meaning many changes, so I checked out of my life to focus on her. We have a new plan & chemo so I'm back to tending the girls 😍 they are my zen ☮ Hoping to still tag along on this grow. Everyone seems to be growing madly, there are some beefy looking plants you guys posted. It took me too long to get mine into the tent but they are coming along nicely now, for me. I will attach pics from past week. Please, all advice is always welcome.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AAG 3.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	276465Click image for larger version

Name:	AAG 4.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	619.6 KB
ID:	276466Click image for larger version

Name:	AAG 5.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	3.24 MB
ID:	276467Click image for larger version

Name:	AAG 10.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	276468Click image for larger version

Name:	AAG 9.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	2.30 MB
ID:	276469Click image for larger version

Name:	AAG 11.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	778.8 KB
ID:	276470Click image for larger version

Name:	AAG 12.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	682.5 KB
ID:	276471
    "Not all that glitters is gold, not all that is sticky is tar." proverb ☮☮☮

Comment

• Redwasp
      Redwasp commented
      Editing a comment
      Waiting on biopsies here. oldjarhead100 My wife wont try it since my brother in law thought he had a high tolerance and got stuck at our house 9 hours

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      Best wishes to your mom

• GlitterFarm
      GlitterFarm commented
      Editing a comment
      oldjarhead100 I'm starting her slowly, I decarb bud & can add it to anything for her. She wasn't a drinker & she had never tried cannabis so this has been very scary for her, she refused it until her oncologist told her he thought she should try it. 💗 that guy!
      Redwasp praying for your wife.
      Retodd thank you.

I got the Autos in one gallon pots and into the veg tent I put them in here until they start showing Pistils ,I am using 4 of Hortilux super veg lights man do they beef up veg
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Which Hortilux are you using MH or CMH? https://heavygardens.com/instantsear...%20veg%20light Quite pricey. You do spend the dinero oldjarhead100

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have the hortilux super veg t5 lights and yess they are expensive , I bought them during a vender show at my local store , buy 3 get one free ,still cost me 100 but damn are they worth it explosive veg growth

I have hortilux eye hps and real blue light MH. Yes the 2nd is expensive

Comment

Just got the real blue so comparing it to the eye hortilux regular mh.

Comment

I know it has nothing to do with the competition, but thought y’all might like it. So, one of my businesses is I make pipes and bongs. The last one I made for my friend Melissa was confiscated. So, while we were working in the shop last night I made her a new one. All the wood I use is grown on my farm. I turned this apple bowl for her and made her a new slip stem.
          🙏🏼✌🏻
          Attached Files

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
            RagWeedDWC commented
            Editing a comment
            And lube with water!

• Retodd
            Retodd commented
            Editing a comment
            RagWeedDWC A lot of times it will depend on the glass and cutters. But yes, drilling while emerging in water is good. You do that to cool the glass not to lube it. If I’m drilling anything thicker than 1/4” I’ll use a spray bottle. 90% of the time I use my cordless drill when drilling. Downside is making it stay exactly where you want it using hole saw bits, it like to track some. That bottle in the pic is 3/16” and it did some tracking, but the grommet covers it up.
            I’ve wanted for years to blow glass, but you can buy kick ass bongs online for like $10! The cost factor in a starter setup is in the $1,000’s. Even tho I sell my pipes for $75-200, you get what you pay for. Every one is numbered, has a story, you have your choice of wood species, hell....you can even design your own and I make them. I take pictures from beginning to end of each one being made. It sucks how there’s a couple people on this site that have been waiting for theirs, but I’ve been dealing with health problems. I’m so far behind right now. When I was in the shop over the weekend was the first time in months. Sorry, like I told others...I’m a lightweight and a bit high right now, so being long winded....lol🙏🏼✌🏻

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            nice little bowl brought back some memories , I built a water pipe from a half gallon JB bottle and use the largest end of a four way lug wrench it held a 1/4 in one bowl, it was back when you could still get a 3 finger lid for 15 dollars so you had to smoke alot it was named Killer after a couple of bowles lol

I have a question or 2,, or,,,
          Now, The Wicked Witch of the West (white widow) is 13" tall and 22" across with limbs taller than the center top (only about 12"). She is almost 30 days old. The 2 longest limbs have started reaching, or instead of 2 nodes, only one at a time. The other limbs are not there yet, and last night it was only 1 limb that showed this, it will spread of course.
          This is my first time with autos, can I expect the center is going to jump up soon?
          Or are the sides going to continue to out grow the main plant top?
          Not that it is a bad thing,, just not what I expected, I more expected a Christmas tree shape.
          I have thinned a few side/fan/water leafs out, and plan to tie the outside limbs down, then move inward doing the same using fishing line (50 lb test mono as its what I have). She does look healthy and has not complained to much on the high PH, though I am getting it down, was 8.4, now 7.0 (about) and will continue to drop to 6.5 or so.
          The left side is outgrowing the right side, the left side has normal leaves, the right side has 2 eyes in the center, left side limbs are taller than the main top, right side are not.
          Is this normal for this type of plant, or are mine freaks?
          Or could this be signs of a polyploid?

Comment

• Retodd
            Retodd commented
            Editing a comment
            Cannabliss Here’s one for you brutha. You’d have a better answer than me

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            Rwise I think you issue is in the root zone if you had a high ph like that I would of flushed until correct then start replacing nutes that were washed out . The only problem with autos is that if they get slowed down at all it really stunts them, my 2 cents anyways lol

• Cannabliss
            Cannabliss commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm not too familiar with autos (never grew them), but I believe oldjarhead100 is correct with his answer. Something may be going on in the root zone or maybe one part of the plant is not getting enough light? One thing is certain though; you want to make sure you correct the issue before she goes into flower. Otherwise it'll effect your final yield. Perhaps an image of the plant may help.

Sorry lots going on around here. Hope to be back in full swing soon. If not well thanks guys and gals.

Comment

• Retodd
            Retodd commented
            Editing a comment
            Hope all goes well bro.

I received my new420guy seeds today. A bit of a delay because I sent in a check due to being to cheap to pay the $5.00 credit card surcharge. Professionally packaged and prompt service that cannot be beat in comparison to out of country ordering. High praise to Paul Prochaska. In this initial order I just picked up 4 autos for this competition, 2 White Widows, and two "Magnesias". I also picked up a few photos to augment my Nirvana order for this coming Spring. My lost in the ether order from Seedsman might show up for the Spring of 2020 if we are all still around for that "coming year". Well the dust is clearing from the hot and heavy competition thundering off into the distance. Slow on the draw is an understatement, but these autos will keep me busy over the long dark days of winter. I really didn't have a chance as this will be my first auto grow ever. I am admittedly not an expert in this realm. But I do like my wife's father's (an old CIA guy) definition of expert. The past tense of a spurt a drip under pressure.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0603.JPG
Views:	278
Size:	2.40 MB
ID:	276895

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
            LurkingInTheGrass commented
            Editing a comment
            Are they wet yet?

My first autos too. Looking to learn more than I grow 😁 so, next batch can be better

• starramus
            starramus commented
            Editing a comment
            Drenched, dripping, inundated!

Show of hands of how many of you could feel the pain I’m in right now to do this topping, just so I can flux my girl just like Light Addict?!?! I’m literally sick to my stomach right now. To do a ‘normal’ grow....she would have been pretty. She’s healthy af tho! Say a prayer to the Ganja God with me that this fluxing works out. In 2 days I’m going to go about a 8” circle around her to reposition and that way she’s running parallel.
          Attached Files

Comment

wow these autos are really fast , haha only kidding these are some just finishing up the first is a Jack herreer dropped 4 seeds and have 4 different gnomes the second is a dark devil and I wish I had 4 seeds of this one wow my head was spinning cutting off the fan leafs and its purple , the 10 I started for the grow are doing great wanted to take a picture but decided to wait until Saturday
          Oh and I stuck these girls back in the tent for a few more days once I got them out and looked they weren't as ready as I thought and we don't want to cut them early lol
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Retodd
            Retodd commented
            Editing a comment
            Super pretty! I can smell them through the pix

I'll be back tomorrow..getting high all day. Later guys

Comment

• Juicyj89
            Juicyj89 commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, 1 blunt down. 😂

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            Being retired, I smoke all day everyday. So I'm always in.

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            Me to Canuck unfortunately I have to for pain relief man it would be nice to just get fucked up lol

Guys you all beat me In out. Love you

Comment

• Retodd
            Retodd commented
            Editing a comment
            Wtf!?!?!

• Doubledealing72
            Doubledealing72 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hope everything goes well for you Redwasp . Thank you for starting this thread, it's a really good idea!

• GlitterFarm
            GlitterFarm commented
            Editing a comment
            Wishing you & mrs redwasp the best. Thanks for starting this fun grow, you will be missed. ☮💗🙏

So I was cleaning the bottom tray in my tent and while my plants were sitting outside the tent my sneaky little bastard of a cat chomped off one of my new fan leaves. It only had its first true leaves then the next set and he bit off one of the new ones. You think it’ll be alright? The plant that is. I already put the cat in jail.
          “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
          192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
          3 Gal Smart Pots
          FoxFarm Trio
          +Open Sesame
          +Cha-Chang
          +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
          192w t5
          Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
          FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
          FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            .....🙀......

• Retodd
            Retodd commented
            Editing a comment
            It’ll be fine. Fans are no big deal bro. Hell, I know she’s still a baby, but she’ll be ok. No worries

Lol 89 my lab topped a plant for me 1 time think u will b fine. Did u go with the sweet tooth I have a few coming

Comment

• Juicyj89
            Juicyj89 commented
            Editing a comment
            Haha alright. And I mean he didn’t tip it just took a main leaf off one side. But yeah i did actually. They all popped and have been doing well despite by temperature and humidity being out of whack because of this damn MH

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X