No announcement yet.

The Great Auto Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canuck147 I added a pic of my fan for ya. Today is day 9 of Ms. Kraft and day 7 of Ms. Kraft Jr. I threw my pack of Pall Mall 100’s behind her to give a idea of her size. She’s doing great. I’m going to my shop today, so I can grab some of my wires to start initial ‘Y’ training tonight after I top her. I’m also going to get my other fan hung to get temp down some. It was 85 in the tent today. I just got my cal mag delivered, so I’ll get it all mixed up and start with it on tonight’s watering. Now, do I use cal mag daily? Redwasp Can I mix it along with my terpinator nute? I’d appreciate the info guys. Especially asking you Red. Thx ✌🏻🙏🏼

PaganRich Since Rich likes to always post pix and I think of Red when I hear the song...here ya go
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Retodd; 12-15-2018, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      So, go with 1ml per ltr for how long really? Remember, I’m fluxing this grow. Also, Canuck147 can I go ahead and mix it in with my terpinator? If I go 1/2 strength then it’ll be 2-0-4 on nutes

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mix it with your water first, then your nutes into the water. I use 1/2 teaspoon per gallon, then 1 teaspoon per gallon for full strength.

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      For how long? Once it starts its takeoff - then full strength.

Here's a trick I'll share cuz I only thought of it this grow and haven't really used it. Have done LST in the past and have used anchors on the outside of my old plastic pots. Tried LST couple grows ago and wasn't successful at all. Couldn't figure out how to anchor on the outside of the fabric pot without actually using a bamboo stake or ripping the fabric trying to anchor. Plant won that battle.

So with this new light, blooming distance is no more than 20 inches. No room for 4 foot plants this time.

I filled my 3 gallon fabric pots 2/3 full, put in water, tamped it down a bit, waited 5 days, tamped it down a bit more not much. Then I stuck holes in the side - 12 gauge electrical wire was used - and I pushed 3 pieces of wire through the pot, giving me 6 anchor points outside the pot. Filled the pot with soil, bit more water, little tamping down. Fluffed up the middle when I planted my seeds. This is the Bubba Kush I thought I had lost. Thing 3 for me, only growing 3. Click image for larger version  Name:	20181215_104539.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.27 MB ID:	276082Click image for larger version  Name:	20181215_104554.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.71 MB ID:	276083
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• PRIMO
      PRIMO commented
      Editing a comment
      Canuck147 For anchor points I use a paper clip, just bend one end open and push it thru the fabric., Then I use rubber bands, various lengths and strengths with a little s hook.

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      That wouldn't work for me - as you'll see we have strong girls up here in Canada. Don't believe me? Just watch any hockey game showing the Canadian girls against the American girls. No body contact allowed in women's hockey but holy smokes those games are always great!

I wanted to take a pic today, but she hasn't popped yet. Today is day 5. I took the lid off my rapid rooter, and I can see she will be above ground by the time I get home from tonight.

So in the mean time I will post all the stuff I'm using and doing.

4 55 watt cobs
    3g pots
    Mother Earth coco
    Silica Blast
    CalMag from Megacrop
    Megacrop
    Sweet Candy from Megacrop
    Bud Explosion from Megacrop

Silica Blast is the only liquid nutrient I have. All the Megacrop nutes are powder. I have a little bottle that I put hot water in, and add the nutes to that so they will dissolve better. Then I add it to my gallon of water.

I water every 2 days in veg, and every day in flower.

Temps are 70-71 right now and humidity is about 56. Not the most ideal temp for a seedling, but a good temp for flower.

That's pretty much my nute mixing routine everyday, in that order. The seedling won't get bud explosion until flower, but I heard sweet candy is good for root promotion, so that will be used once I start to add nutes.

I'll post a pic when I get home tonight, but you probably won't see it until tomorrow. Unless you're a night owl like me, I get home at 4am lol

Happy Saturday everyone
    ​​​​​
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      Bummer dude

Click image for larger version

Name:	1544912965433209886380841380693.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	3.95 MB
ID:	276126

Final home and new 1000watt mh

Comment

• Redwasp
      Redwasp commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes lots of stress going around the house and they feel it atm. They will do better. But that's what stress does to plants.

• LurkingInTheGrass
      LurkingInTheGrass commented
      Editing a comment
      Something, something, makes them stronger...

😁 looks good for stress conditions

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      Throw on some Sadé for them, or some kind of meditation music for them.

After looking through the thread today I see that most everyone has larger plants than mine. Should I be concerned or just ride with it? I recently got a humidifier and have kept it at about 50% humidity and 83 degrees during the day and around 77 at night. I planted on the first of December and have had one bulb of my 630 CMH light running about 4 feet from my plants top. My thing one and two are burned due to me not knowing I needed to flick the extra water off the tops of my plants. I have been watering about .25 gallons a plant with no nutrients ph of 6.8 filtered water every other day. I have used photosynthesis plus for one watering so far. Also I am in 5 gallon pots with promix hp soil which has no nutrients. Constantly feel that I am doing something wrong with my grow so any insight or feed back would be tremendous.

Comment

• Redwasp
      Redwasp commented
      Editing a comment
      You are doing fine. If your soil has no nutrients slowly and I mean slowly start adding them.

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      For the shorter life of autos I would advise to get used to using 3 gallon pots. Your plants are still spreading their roots.

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      Like Canuck was saying.....I mean even in my 3 gal pots they’d get root bound. Good luck with them🙏🏼✌🏻

DimeBagKilla It sounds like you're watering to much, they don't need much at this stage. Did you pre-soak your soil before you planted? The roots need to seek out the water . Try letting it dry out for a few days then when you water do it in a circle around them a few inches away.

Comment

• DimeBagKilla
      DimeBagKilla commented
      Editing a comment
      PRIMO I made the rookie mistake of not presoaking my soil before I planted. Should I water .25 every two days then maybe? I have been watering in a 6 inch diameter.

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      DimeBagKilla When I water I always go by the feelof the soil. I’ll water twice a day, but it’s not a lot at a time. I stick my finger in the soil and just make sure it stays slightly moist. Ex. At this point in time, for two starters, I use 16oz every two days. Mytent is going through heat problems tho. I’m sure the other guys would agree w me tho. Always easiest to just go by feel. Good luck

So, just for fun I took a picture exactly 6 hours later to see any difference in growth. You can see from where I circled it that the wires haven’t been touched, or the plant. Ms. Kraft is just amazing the shit out of me! I think she may end up being a contender boys😁. A good 1/2” here n there around her on height and width.
    Attached Files

Comment

Yes mine are 7 gallon pots except for 1 5 gallon pot. But I grow lots of plants so I have watering down to an art form. Easier to use smaller pots.

Comment

Welp might have saved a sour60 bit won't get to big. Kush auto is going slow and sour diesel haze is doing ok. Also got a new tent and moved plants into the house. Man wish the trailer i was growing in could handle the tent.
        640 watt hlg quantum board
        320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
        300 watt mars hydro sp3000
        150 watt hlg quantum board
        100 watt spider farmer led x2
        organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
        Water only i don't check ph
        6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

Weekly update with pictures:

(RQS) Royal Gorilla Automatic
          8-10 weeks

Thing 1
          15 days from seed

End of first full 20 hour day under MH, her stem seems a little thicker, leaves a little longer.
          still working on 2nd real mode

Name:	IMG_20181216_011752.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	789.6 KB
ID:	276217

Thing 2
          9 days from seed

Yesterday, she had roots (2) through the plug. Put her in the cube last night, left her in the dome for the day and at lights out moved her under the MH
          1st real leaves coming in nicely, slightest of bump for 2nd node
          Second guessing myself now, thinking it might be a little agressive, moving her out of the dome. I really think she will love the MH. I am happy there is air movement so she occasionally moves

Name:	IMG_20181216_011649.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	807.3 KB
ID:	276218
          Last edited by LurkingInTheGrass; 12-16-2018, 01:00 AM.

Comment

• Juicyj89
            Juicyj89 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey how big is your MH? I just put mine in too. Freakin temps went crazy. Jumped too like 99+ Fahrenheit. So I opened all the vents and even dimmed it to 75%. I know dimming is not optimal but I am going to run some ac or something to hopefully cool it down. 😑 oh and temps have finally settled to 86. Hopefully they’ll continue to drop and even out.

• LurkingInTheGrass
            Editing a comment
            1000w, way more than I should have but the price was right. The plants are liking it

My day time temps are around 28C (82F). A touch hot for my liking, but so far plants are happy

Hoping an 8" fan falls off my Amazon cart 😁

• Juicyj89
            Juicyj89 commented
            Editing a comment
            Dang and your tents how big?

I came home tonight, and as predicted, Bubba Kush auto has sprouted above ground. Today is day 6. I believe she took longer than normal (3-4 days for me) because the temps were a little low for a seedling (69-70).

She has a helmet head. Do I pull that off or leave it on? I've always pulled them off before when I've had them, and it didn't seem to harm them. I left it on because my fingers were sticky with resin from a j, and I didn't want to fuck up the seedling.

I'm hoping my other plant will finish up quickly. I would like my tent back lol.

Here's a close up of the bubba, and a top view to show how much room in my tent the gorilla glue auto is taking up.

Happy Sunday everyone

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	739.3 KB
ID:	276264

Name:	
Size:	1,013.7 KB
ID:	276265
          Last edited by Doubledealing72; 12-16-2018, 05:56 AM.
          Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

The white widow has spread so much I added mo lights! 125% more, let'er spread! I have to say I am a bit impressed with this one, limbs taller than the center top should be a good thing next month! Also she is now known as The Wicked Witch of the West!

Comment

• Retodd
              Retodd commented
              Editing a comment
              How old is she?

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              hatched 11/24, should be flowering by the end of the month

The White Moscow, "Thing 2" sprouted the Pure Haze "Thing 1" did not, so looks like it's the W.M. for this grow. Today is day 5. I plan on going from solo cup to a 1gal cloth pot, then to a 3 gallon final pot. I'm using coco coir with Mega Crop nutes, Bud Explosion for the last few weeks.
            Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
            Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
            36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
            4 bulb T5's for Veg.
            2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
            IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
            3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

So, scared as fuck, I went ahead and tooped her. I all actuality I’m supposed to do the bottom one According to Light Addict, but I can always just clip them if alll doesn’t go well. I took the top and using root tone I took the center top and placed it in a small ceramic bowl. This whole grow is a guessing game with me. I found a jug to mix my terpinator and cal mag. I’ll add that tonight. According to Canuck I can go ahead and start full strength on the cal mag (first time user of it). I’ve never used root tone either and I’m told it doesn’t work on autos. I guess we’ll all find out for sure. On indoor growing I’m book smart and have help from a lot of you guys. Cross your fingers for me.🙏🏼✌🏻🤞🏻

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
                Editing a comment
                LOL - fingers crossed and green thoughts😁

I woke up a few hours ago and took the helmet off her head. She's a little leggy, so I had to rearrange the tent a bit so I could lower the light. I took the helmet off her head successfully.

Based on her appearance, I shall call her bubbasaurus Rex.

Rawr

​​​​​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	594.5 KB
ID:	276409
              Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
                Editing a comment
                LOL

Might have to change it to bubbasaurus Regina (rex is Latin for King)
                😁

• Doubledealing72
                Doubledealing72 commented
                Editing a comment
                Bubbasaurus rexa! 😂😂😂

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                Rraaw!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X