No announcement yet.

The Great Auto Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So luckily for my Saturday post I get to show all my girls above soil!!! Yaaay! Four baby Sweet Tooth’s in the making. They may be small but they’re there. Lol you might have to zoom in. Oh and there’s my some how still alive GSC that my cat tried to eat. Haaa. 🐈

Click image for larger version

Name:	5A1E97C3-1C09-4086-995B-0EA61EAB30D5.jpeg
Views:	256
Size:	2.23 MB
ID:	273986
    “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
    192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
    3 Gal Smart Pots
    FoxFarm Trio
    +Open Sesame
    +Cha-Chang
    +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
    192w t5
    Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
    FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
    FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

• SmokyChambers
      SmokyChambers commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, you have one of those cats too? See the one in my avatar? Her real name is Camo, but I just call her Pothead.

• Juicyj89
      Juicyj89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh yeah! Big time! His names shadow and he uses his name well. Little shit. Lol but I love him

• SmokyChambers
      SmokyChambers commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh for sure. But she'd be a lot more tolerable if she wasn't so stupid. I'm pretty sure that I have the two dumbest cats in the world. We grow salmon at the hatchery smarter that are than them. but don't get me going on that haw! And now she's in heat; like an air-raid siren...

I got a AK48 in a 3gal pot just sprouted on the first. can I grow along?

Comment

• Redwasp
      Redwasp commented
      Editing a comment
      Is it an auto? But yes you can join. If it's a photo will be you vs Furley If it's an auto u vs all autos. Welcome to the fun.

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      It'll be buckets of fun.

🙋‍♂️ Question! So I currently have my 4 seedlings under 96w of cfl. They’re only a day old. When should I switch to my 400w MH? I want them to get some good light in they’re little span of veg life. Then it’ll be the HPS for flower.

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
    3 Gal Smart Pots
    FoxFarm Trio
    +Open Sesame
    +Cha-Chang
    +CaliMagic

First grow:

Current Grow:

192w t5
    FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco

Comment

• Juicyj89
      Juicyj89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay then

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      7 to 10 days after they have been up .

• Juicyj89
      Juicyj89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome thanks bro

Saturday picture

lol

Comment

• uncledoug
      uncledoug commented
      Editing a comment
      She looks so lonely.

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      Got a lot of stretch to her

Well I went from four tails to 16 helmet heads lol I have been setting up a auto drain that actually works and a auto feeding set up while I was doing this I took out my hps light and installed a 630v prism cmh light fixture ,after I plugged the power cord into the light and then I went to plug it in the wall and I saw this WTF WTF WTF about 10 times ,then I thought their might be another cord in the box nope .about 10 more WTFs then I went back and pulled the inside box from the outside box and there it was a normal plug lol and here it is today is moving day veg into bloom
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha! I see you have the same charcoal filter I do. I ran into the same problem as you, but I did have the extra cord...no WTFs needed....lol

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      @ Dimebagkilla the cmh is in bloom room I have 300w leds in auto room and I veg with t5s and the hortalux super veg bulbs one 4 out of 12 are those but wow do they work great

• SmokyChambers
      SmokyChambers commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice looking setup. Looks like the way our salmon tanks are set up at work haha.

9 days old . Just topped off, growing in coco+perilite , under 315lec light in a 2x4x5 tent . General hydro nutes. My water is alkaline above 7, I brought it down to 5.5 added cal-mag. Started nutes today after topping off the top Auto Ak-48
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20181209_073307_Burst01.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.40 MB ID:	274145
    Last edited by buckets; 12-09-2018, 09:01 AM.

Comment

• Doubledealing72
      Doubledealing72 commented
      Editing a comment
      I would recommend staying around 5.8 - 6.2. while the range for coco is 5.5-6.5, I've found the middle ground to be a good range to shoot for. At 5.5, there are some nutes that just won't be able to be absorbed.

All that being said, your plant is looking good!

Retodd I been keeping a eye on her (I think it's time to replace the tubes, last couple of seedlings been a little stretchy)

all these Things are:
    Royal Gorilla Auto
    8-10 weeks
    50% Indica/30% Sativa/20% Ruderallis

Thing 1
    she is doing great, perhaps a little leggy, measuring almost 2.5 inches. She has been working on opening up her leaves, almost to the edge of the cube, can see the next node starting

Thing 2
    really slow. Germinated same date as Thing 1. I think I see movement, but might just be wishful thinking

Thing 3
    germinated as encouragement to Thing 2 😁. She is straining hard to get out of the rock wool.

Comment

So I feel like my seedlings have come out with somewhat “burnt tips”??! But I can’t tell because they’re so small. But they definitely look lighter in color on the very tip. Which I don’t understand how because they’re only in FFHF soil and I haven’t fed. Just pHd water so far.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	5A7B976C-76ED-49E2-8F8D-A1BF78662D38.jpeg
Views:	258
Size:	2.10 MB
ID:	274333Click image for larger version

Name:	0E994AA2-0FB3-4A77-B9A2-0943559B8A5F.jpeg
Views:	263
Size:	2.02 MB
ID:	274334Click image for larger version

Name:	00959C46-FB2D-40CA-B191-F24370697B9E.jpeg
Views:	239
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	274335Click image for larger version

Name:	038FC71A-C51B-4F97-81C9-CE148076BB27.jpeg
Views:	258
Size:	1.97 MB
ID:	274336

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
      3 Gal Smart Pots
      FoxFarm Trio
      +Open Sesame
      +Cha-Chang
      +CaliMagic

First grow:

Current Grow:

192w t5
      FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
        LurkingInTheGrass commented
        Editing a comment
        Um, I'm not a soil guy, but isnt FFHF (fox fire happy frog) a fertilizer?

My mistake (went and looked it up) its a line of products
        Last edited by LurkingInTheGrass; 12-09-2018, 10:03 PM.

• Juicyj89
        Juicyj89 commented
        Editing a comment
        You’re not wrong my friend. They do have a FFHF fertilizer as well as well as a conditioner on top of just a regular potting soil. They actually have even more than that in the Happy Frog line if I’m not mistaken. But I myself, have the potting soil.

• Retodd
        Retodd commented
        Editing a comment
        Juicyj89 As someone that’s used worm castings and guano for 20 years I can tell you that at the least it’s good for over 3 months. I know fox farms and all those other preach about their products, but it’s always best.....I think....to just mix your own soil mix. If you know what is in each soil then you’ll know what your doing. Each bag will have the 0-0-0 breakdown on what’s in it. Different strains like more and less of each nutrient. Fir ex. I know blue cheese really loves nitrogen, so I went a little extra on the blood and bone meal. I’ll also add more fish emulsion during the grow. If you know how much time your going to spend with your plants is how much perlite and vermiculite you’ll add. I water every day, so I went low on perlite and high on vermiculite. I’ll also be adding a drip system to mine. We all have certain systems to the way we grow. I’m new to indoor, a real novice, but I do know soil. I hope this help you.

I'm pretty sure that my new seeds will be here tomorrow, and although I don't have much room in my tent, I'm gonna throw one in. I feel like I'm already way late in the game here lol. Hopefully it wont get too big before the gorilla glue comes down.

It will probably be bubba cheese. I love cheese strains. I'll keep ya updated!
      Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

so here are my helmet heads I think the jack herer is the one to go with for the grow
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds

Comment

Little late but here is some pics of my autos. First pic is 3 sour60 and thing 1 will be whatever shows female first. The second pic is a fem kush auto and it will be thing 2. If for some reason kush auto doesn't grow I have a auto sour diesel haze that is about to sprout.

Real busy at work so I don't know how well this grow will go and might be late posting sometimes. Oh and also reds cup trick is the best. I actually copied that from him awhile ago while looking through other posts.
        640 watt hlg quantum board
        320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
        300 watt mars hydro sp3000
        150 watt hlg quantum board
        100 watt spider farmer led x2
        organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
        Water only i don't check ph
        6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

Funny story...

I had 2 separate orders from seedsman: 1 for me, and one for my buddy. Because seedsman site kept redirecting me in a loop and wouldn't let me check out, I ended up having a tracking number for his and not one for mine (I was frustrated at that point so I chose the wrong option for tracking on mine.)

I placed our orders minutes apart, so I figured when his showed up, mine would too.

Guess who's package showed up? Not mine lol

So hopefully mine will be here in the next day or 2.

Before the package arrived, I was getting my coco ready for the new seed to be put in. I just buy the coco that's already mixed with perlite and ready to go. This bag had already been open from my previous grow, and when I went to measure the run off water, it was coming in at 4.4.

I ended putting around 20 gallons of water in to bring it up to the level I wanted it at, around 6.0.

So needless to say I was a little downtrodden when my buddy's package showed up, but not mine.

​​​​​​Long story short, I'll be going with Bubba Kush auto from Humboldt seeds. My next post will be all about the stuff and things that I will be using and doing for this grow, but here's the start of my entry for .... THE GREAT AUTO SHOWDOWN .... I hope w all learn a lot from this thread!

Don't mind my gorilla glue auto, she likes to take the spotlight lol.

​​​​
          Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• Retodd
            Retodd commented
            Editing a comment
            Doubledealing72 Well, I guess we’ll both see how I do. He used a 26” pot and the box I built is 10-1/2X22”, but if you look close I have eyelets all around the bottom for over flow. I’m using a 2X3X5’ tent, so I’m curious on how much I’ll be able to stretch it. I’ve moved everything outside my tent for the most room as possible. Did you read the whole thread? It’s faster if you just skip along to just everything he writes. I’ve read his like 5-6X.

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            I just wanna add, the same guy that “invented” fluxing is the same guy that recommends topping buds and colas around week 4 to stimulate bud fattening. Last round I almost tried it but was afraid, if this training technique works then maybe topping buds will too. Light addict is a very famous forum member

• Retodd
            Retodd commented
            Editing a comment
            9fingerleafs Trust me, I’m gonna be a bit nervous through the whole thing. He also was doing a photo. I’ve tried talking to him for months, but he’s just nowhere around on 420 anymore. I’m not sure about topping buds either. You can regenerate a photo, but you can’t a auto. This is only my second indoor auto grow myself. The guys on here helped me a lot through my first one.

Hey guys, I'm back. Had a rough weekend with some stomach bug, but I'm on the go again. I just put down some Alaskan Thunderfuck seeds, but they're photos and they have a long flowering period so I won't hold things up by putting them in the grow. I'll stick with my Autocross semi-autos for now, even though they are sort of 180 degrees out of phase in the cycle, just being pollinated and all.

Comment

How often does one foiler feed their plants?

Comment

• Retodd
              Retodd commented
              Editing a comment
              Geeze Canuck147 that’s all you spray yours? All plants love being folier fed. On one hand, I don’t use a humidifier or anything either like a lot of you do.

• Canuck147
              Canuck147 commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't do anything with my air but move it. Foliar Essence is super concentrated - 1/8 teaspoon per cup of water - after adding and mixing the water looks like Coca-Cola. Sugar cane based.

• Retodd
              Retodd commented
              Editing a comment
              Ah, now I understand. I just use rain water or bottled. That’s why I will so much. I was always advised to not use any type of sugar based mix as folier Canuck147

I have 3 autos almost ready all cloudy I snipped some bud to try and when I pulled out of the auto room look what I found wow the whole plant must be purple the strain is Dark devil, the other 2 are an auto jack hererr and a not auto jack hererr lol the njh is in bloom room and still a couple of week to go the bud is one I broke off while putting in the next round

Comment

• Retodd
              Retodd commented
              Editing a comment
              The dark devil is beautiful! What kind of scent does she put out? How’s the smoke?

• Doubledealing72
              Doubledealing72 commented
              Editing a comment
              Redwasp - thanks for the kind words! And yeah, these autos I've been growing lately are killing it!

I agree with Redwasp OJH, those are some nice looking buds!
              Last edited by Doubledealing72; 12-11-2018, 12:01 PM.

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              oldjarhead100. Man they looking nice brother. I still got 5 DarkDevils from SweetSeeds, to grow, i love that color on yours, she's beautiful. .
              Have a nice evening buddy.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X