No announcement yet.

The Great Auto Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally use cfls and a small t5 light to germinate and for about the first week or so of growth.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	15438646302489091510886262941264.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	2.46 MB
ID:	272272Click image for larger version

Name:	15438647004252294427420136977030.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	272273 that is basically my starter setup. It has a 24watt t5 which is plenty to start 6 plants and for the first week or more.The CFL is added in there because I have 8 plants started there and the last 2 do not fit well.

And yes as soon as these plants find their permanent home its time to clean the starter area. I made a mess last week when repotting.

Comment

I've got 1/4 inch tails out of my seeds. Warming up the soil now(it was outside in 19Ā° temps because I forgot to bring it in, trying to kill any bugs) both will be in soil in a couple hours before I go to work.

UPDATE: soil temps have come up so went ahead and dropped them in. Still waiting on the Kind soil to get here, Wednesday or Friday, and thing 1 will go into her final pot.

Name:	20181203_122714.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	2.41 MB
ID:	272291
        Last edited by BurningTeddy; 12-03-2018, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	7123DA9E-7F22-4610-90ED-26A9A1AEF0B2.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.22 MB ID:	272376
        Warming up...

Trouble has arrived šŸ˜

Name:	image_65918.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	272354

The beginning of something amazing

Name:	099EC7BB-EB29-47E0-900B-965A6C7BC819.jpeg
Views:	258
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	272686
        Last edited by Juicyj89; 12-05-2018, 02:35 AM.
        ā€œPounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.ā€ - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
        192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
        3 Gal Smart Pots
        FoxFarm Trio
        +Open Sesame
        +Cha-Chang
        +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
        192w t5
        Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
        FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
        FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

• Juicyj89
          Juicyj89 commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol waiting on my FFHF. should be here Thursday or Friday.

• Juicyj89
          Juicyj89 commented
          Editing a comment
          All 4 seeds cracked. Ones a little ahead of the others. She will be called...Ms.Wisdom. The rest once potted will be Tooth 1-3 (get it...sweet tooth) haa anyways, just waiting to put in rapid rooters.

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          Haha ms wisdom. Thatā€™s funny

Cool 89 I have those sweet tooth seeds also my photos kept me from joining u guys. I'm pumped to see those grow look really good in pic and Paul has great seeds

Comment

• Juicyj89
          Juicyj89 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thatā€™s cool. Yeah I had started the GSC but one died and the other was just a slow grower. So I just pulled em, wiped everything clean, and now Iā€™m ready for this auto grow. Iā€™m going to be very tedious with this grow. Paying super close attention to everything but trying to just let her do her thing. But I want as much to be perfect as possible. Soil light temp pH nutes all that good stuff. And yes Paul does have good seeds from what Iā€™ve experienced so far. I got mine in like two days this time.

Here we are at 10 and 11 days old, 1 is doing very well, 1 is doing ok, the other is a freak/mutant. In pot 1 is Headbanger, 2 we have the White Widow, and pot 3 is the freak,, I mean White Moscow. Now I am not good at pics, but the camera gives it a good go. The freak has a hole in one leaf and I l\killed a Japanese beetle (the one that looks similar to a lady bug) on that leaf. I intend to let it grow, if it survives.
        These are all in the same living soil (20 gallons per smart pot), PH is a tad high per my meter (NPK/PH test results not back yet), once the test results are back I will be a bit more aggressive adjusting the PH as needed (meter shows it to be 7.0). I have already started dropping it a bit, here's a few pics, I had a hard time getting the freak in a clear pic.

Comment

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          I just reduced the PH on the freak, meter said it had risen to almost 8, now at 6.5. It needs to show me some growth soon, or else! All 3 are in the same soil, and I will do the others once i know I din't kill this one,,, water was 3.5,,,

I can believe this I dropped 16 seeds and I only got 1 tail I routinely get 100 % germination
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Redwasp
          Redwasp commented
          Editing a comment
          That is just not fun. Where did those come from? Also how long has it been? I've had a few take 12 days before and then they grew great.

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          Freebes from Seedsman

• OzBud
          OzBud commented
          Editing a comment
          I had terrible luck with seedsman freebies too. dropped 14, got 6, still better than you. But I also had an 'auto' grow turn out to be all photos. very annoying.

I have a question. Being my first go at autos, they'll be in soil under a 315 lec. Should I go with my 3 or 5 gal. smart pots? All my photo grows have been in 5 gal. I like to veg long and grow big. So this is a new ballgame.

Comment

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          3 gallon

• Retodd
          Retodd commented
          Editing a comment
          I used 3 gal on my widows

I have used from 3 to 7 gallon smart pots. They liked the bigger ones better but they all work pretty well. Unless you have one of the massive strains of autos.

Comment

Having the same luck as OJH - my Buddha Seeds have me waiting - so.........

Thing 1 is doing well - thing 2 is now Lemon Haze-CBD. They both came up 2 days ago, so I'll go with the CBD strain for my second pick.

I won't buy Buddha Seeds anymore - the strains sound promising but........ I bought a 10 pack of mixed seeds - past year or so I have germinated and grown 2 out of 8 seeds I've tried. Post a pic later, have to wake up - java,then food then smoke.

Adding pic of both Thingies - well - added below - have room for one more at the Inn, just waiting on my next participant.
          Last edited by Canuck147; 12-04-2018, 01:46 PM.
          ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Name:	20181204_104003.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	4.15 MB
ID:	272475
            ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
            Mars Hydro
            Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Redwasp
              Redwasp commented
              Editing a comment
              They look so cute hiding in those big pots. I am going to repot mine today. But they will go into peat pots. I then plant the peat pot and all.

• Canuck147
              Canuck147 commented
              Editing a comment
              So tiny indeed - but their roots are working hard to figure out how big the pot is - then it is all up. After next set of leaves have been established it will be time to begin their Foliar feeding.

Off to a slower start than most but my seeds sprouted on day 3 if I am not counting the night I planted them direct into my medium. This is my first grow so I was very impatient and constantly thinking I did something wrong which is possible put at least all my seeds germinated. I have yet to get anything better to mark my pots than the envelope pictured but will work on that. So now that my seeds have sprouted and are so small you can barley see them, what now? I had Gatorade bottles cut in half that I place over the seeds to act as a dome, should I keep the domes off for good now? Also I have my 630 watt lamp running at 315 watts and have it all the way to the top of my tent. Should I lower the light down gradually every day until I am at the recommended height? Also when should I kick my light on full power? ALOT of questions but would appreciate any guidance. Beyond happy to have my first grow and girls underway!

Name:	IMG_0317.jpeg
Views:	231
Size:	3.33 MB
ID:	272551Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0314.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	3.29 MB
ID:	272550

Comment

• Redwasp
              Redwasp commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes they should do very well being topped with some low stress training. You can increase the yields by a whole lot doing just that and removing any leaves that block bud sites. Maybe remove a few leaves to increase airflow but I do not defoliate. It works very well for me, however others do very well defoliating and lolipopping. Anyways that's for others to discuss not me. But yes your plants should do great being topped and trained. My thing 2 is an ak47 from msnl. I'm interested to see the difference in the 2 plants.

• DimeBagKilla
              DimeBagKilla commented
              Editing a comment
              Me too Redwasp I haven't been this excited or passionate about something in quite sometime. This will sound dumb but keep in mind I am a newbie. When you remove leaves blocking bud sites will those be above or below the bud sites? I assume above as those would be the ones preventing light from reaching them? Another question I have is what is the difference between defoliation and simply thinning out you plants leaves? Is it the extent in which the "thinning out" is done?

• Redwasp
              Redwasp commented
              Editing a comment
              DimeBagKilla yes you remove the leaves that are preventing light from reaching the bud sites. These are above and to the sides (sometimes) casting a shadow on the buds or the growth tips.

What I do I think would be more typically called pruning but it could be considered very very light defoliation. Some use heavy defoliation, some no leaf removal at all, and some do like me. Of course there is every where in between none and heavy defoliation. Read up on defoliation and the theories behind it on the GWE main site. Also maybe read DrPhoton s article on defoliation.

Ok 4 of the plants have been put in peat pots. Thing one and thing 2 are in the middle. I Click image for larger version

Name:	20181204_173001.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	2.74 MB
ID:	272591 have 4 more with tails but so far they havent made it to light yet. Two pf the unsprouted ones were planted on the 1st two on the second. They will all probably make it. They are just taking their time.

Comment

Waiting for a sign, maintaining warm and humid

contemplating dropping another seed, cause I'm itching to grow

all you show offs with sprouts šŸ˜

LOL

grow all you little seeds, near and far, it's what your programmed to do

Comment

• Doubledealing72
                Doubledealing72 commented
                Editing a comment
                I too am eager to get growing. I want my gorilla glue to finish quicker than it is lol. Can't rush it though, even though I want to!

Iā€™ve been pissed trying to get my shit together on this grow. I didnā€™t realize how much heat my new light put out. Itā€™s prolly why after 3 days I havenā€™t seen shit. I keep adjusting vents, etc and added a fan, but itā€™s been up to 100 degrees in my tent! I went ahead and worked on it some more at 6 this morning and just pushed another seed in next to where I planted the other one. If both pop up Iā€™ll deal with that issue then. Btw, first one to pop will be dubbed Ms. Kraft. Fitting name for some blue cheese...lol. Wish me luck yā€™all.šŸ™šŸ¼

Comment

• Redwasp
                Redwasp commented
                Editing a comment
                Retodd I have run 2 of those in 1 tent without a vent fan and it didn't get to hot. I did have 2 fans and all vents open. But at 100 degrees that doesnt seem right. However it probably wouldnt kill a seed

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X