No announcement yet.

The Great Auto Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i wanna wish everyone luck and to have a great grow, i personally cannot join this fun competition, i dont have autos, but most importantly i dont have space, i have my growcloset full with 4 plants currently flowering, two outdoor plants flowering too, 3 moms i have to keep veggin and 10 clones rooting, basically i managed to set up a perpetual grow and on top of all that im switching to coco as plants get harvested and new clones take their place. thank you Redwasp for including me, ill sure be lurking around cheering and learning from all the great growers here

Comment

• Redwasp
      Redwasp commented
      Editing a comment
      It's all good 9fingerleafs Autos can be alot of fun to grow and the yields can surprise you if you ever change your mind about them. I really like my photos but I like my autos too. I certainly understand having no space. For me its electricity I always run out of though. I have plenty of space.

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha I wish we could combine superpowers, I don’t pay a cent for electricity. I’ve never been able to buy seeds either. The post office doesn’t reach were I live. But I would definitely love to try autos, using such a low intensity light as CfLs I would benefit a lot yieldwise if I gave twice the light during flowering. Anyway, I live in Mexico and cannabis prohibition was abolished last month so I hope next year I can get some seeds legally

I'll be joining in about 2 weeks if that's still alright. Gotta finish out my gorilla glue auto.
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• Redwasp
      Redwasp commented
      Editing a comment
      That's fine with me. Sounds like a plan.

Alright just to tie up some lose ends I'm germinating four AK48 autos from Nirvana that got here way sooner than excepted. I will be using Promix HP for my soil along with microbe hydroponics photosynthesis plus and BIO BIZZ nutrient line up. This will be grown in a 4.5x4.5x6'8 tent under a 630 cmh lighting with 3200k Phillip bulbs for veg and flower. This is my first grow and need all the support I can get from this sub which I know I'll get because you guys/gals fucking rock! Will label when potted. Happy growing to everyone and man it feels good to have my first nearly legal grow in Michigan (December 6th official date).

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
      LurkingInTheGrass commented
      Editing a comment
      Good grow to you and welcome to the party 😁

• GlitterFarm
      GlitterFarm commented
      Editing a comment
      DimeBagKilla I hope your first grow rocks! This is the perfect place to be, I learn something every visit. I have been growing indoors just over a year & each time gets better. ☮

This thread should provide lots of information and ideas that will help all involved. That's the plan anyways. Maybe I'll also find my next strain to grow as I'm always looking for new strains. Either way it should be fun and informative on all fronts.

Comment

I believe I'm prepared for the Auto Showdown, I have been growing indoors just over a year. Since the Jock Horror didn't germinate, I waited & germinated another AK-48 yesterday to be on the same timeline as everyone else. So I will only be growing just the AK's but I'm excited, I literally watched it grow today... wow! Here's my plan...

Auto Grow notes:
      • 2 AK-48 Autoflower (Nirvana) Thing #1 contest entry 'ALTHEA' germinated 11/30/18, plant #2 'Annie' germinated 11/23/18 - both currently in jiffy pods. Yes, I name my girls
      • Tent Vivosun 36"x 20"x 62"
      • Light Viparsectra LED 450W
      • 7 gal. Air-Pots
      • Lucky Dog Growers Blend - 1st time trying (Usually I use my own soil blend but we had so much mold this year I was afraid)
      • Well water PH balanced
      • FoxFarm nutrients trio soil formula - Grow Big, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom - Use at 1/2 strength twice a week
      I always appreciate advice & thoughts, this is all just a fun learning experience. And any help along the way will be kindly noted... when I win! 🏆
      Good luck 🍀🍀🍀 to everyone. May your plants be kissed by the godess Maryjane ☮☮☮

The pictures show the girls #1 Althea 24 hrs., #2 Annie 1 wk. (this plant got leggy when the seed left a shell that held the cotyledon leaves together).

"Not all that glitters is gold, not all that is sticky is tar." proverb ☮☮☮

Comment

• Retodd
        Retodd commented
        Editing a comment
        Don’t feel weird, I always name my girls too. Haven’t come up with a name for my cheese yet....lol

they will get leggy if your light is to far away
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• GlitterFarm
        GlitterFarm commented
        Editing a comment
        TY. I know I have bad depth perception but didn't realize how bad. I knew the light was a little high. So armed with a ruler I found the light to be twice as far as it should have been. Moved them closer and left the ruler in my grow kit. Thanks OJH ☮

• uncledoug
        uncledoug commented
        Editing a comment
        GlitterFarm, OJH is a great grower, good guy to look for help.

Thing one and thing two are up and have their first 2 leaves. So far four of the 6 plants planted have come up. I hope the rest of you are having the same luck with your seeds. I just need these other 2 to sprout and I'll be set.

The plants seem to know they are in a contest. Thing two sprouted first and then thing one. The other 2 sprouted later than those 2 although the same day.

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
        LurkingInTheGrass commented
        Editing a comment
        Mine are still in water, will check for taproots later. Rockwool soaking in pH'd, CALiMAGic'd water - waiting 😁

My thing 1 is up - waiting on thing 2.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

The White Widow is in the lead, headbanger is just behind her, and that white moscow is a freak! Headbanger may have sprouted first (also had helmet head and stretch, and was planted deeper), its about 1/3 the size of the WW which is starting branches!
        Good luck and harvest to all!

Comment

• uncledoug
          uncledoug commented
          Editing a comment
          Rwise, What's up with the White Moscow being a freak? Just curious.

• Redwasp
          Redwasp commented
          Editing a comment
          Very Nice I am probably moving mine to peat pots tomorrow. Then the real fun will begin.

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          I will have to get a pic of it, it came up with the starter leaves grown together at the tips, and it is more weird now,,, maybe a mutant is good,,,

My Blue tooth is named Toucan Sam, because the taste is like fruit loops. My ak47 is Named Rambo for obvious reasons. And the other 2 of each are named like George Forman does his kids. Toucan sam 2 and toucan Sam 3, Rambo 2, and Rambo 3. Lol My green ninja in the beard contest is named Kato, the wonder women are just named wonder women. And my Aurora Indicas are just named Aurora. Bet you dont know what fairy tale that is from.

Comment

Well this is about my last grow but it does belong here as it's about autos. The Carmelicious that was recently harvested is the best day time smoke I've had yet. It is even better than the last carmelicious I grew. They went over 100 days as autos but well worth the wait.

The white widow that was just harvested is the best evening, watch TV smoke I've ever had. She went over 100 days too. The body stone, pain relief of both is amazing and neither affects your thinking so much that you cant function as normal. I've grown both of these before but for some reason this time they came out better than anything ive ever grown.

I have not tried the white widow or white lsd that finished in under 80 days yet. It will be awhile before I try those.

Comment

My 'things' had straight tails (as long as the seed)

they are now in rockwool, warm and dark. I am impatiently waiting for helmet heads 😁

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181202_202856.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	490.6 KB
ID:	279716Click image for larger version  Name:	20181202_202856.jpg Views:	1 Size:	490.6 KB ID:	272224
              Last edited by Mr.furley; 12-28-2018, 09:19 PM. Reason: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/268607-the-great-auto-showdown?p=271037#post271037
              You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Just picked this thread up-don`t know how I missed it-I`m out but will enjoy watching

Comment

• Retodd
                  Retodd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Welcome to the game Rich. We tagged you right out the gate...lol

• Redwasp
                  Redwasp commented
                  Editing a comment
                  How did you miss this thread. Lmao you were invited to it. But anyways come on throw a plant in.

• PaganRich
                  PaganRich commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Redwasp Eyes open, brain not in gear-usual shit I`m tied into photo`s now til March next year but I`m definitely up for coming back at you with another grow. Started my Kripple Roulette and Kripple Shock t`other day as well...you grown those mate? Ah, the Pistols still sound good even 40 odd yrs later
                  Everyone's a winner when they play Kripple Roulette! This is a special Dr Krippling blend of the rarely found Red Haired Skunk and extremely potent Black Domina that'll leave you with a sweet taste in your mouth & a bone-rattling, knee-knocking physical stone that'll lock you to the couch for the rest of the night. This is most definitely a Krippler!

Kripple Shock is real killer with up to 23% THC, yields as high as 850 gr/m2 and smells that'll clear your sinuses with a single sniff. The flavour is all White Widow with sinful notes of chocolate and caramel lurking just below the surface and the bone-rattling stones that only come with a nearly pure Indica. Ready to get your buzz on?

Been wanting to grow these for some time now...Do like Dr Krippling seeds
                  Retodd Sorry Ret, must`ve seen it after a volcano which is pretty much my get out of jail card as excuses go but is a good one mate

So...a bit late to the game. She cracked this morning.
                Im growing blue cheese, she’s unnamed as of yet, in my flux Box I made just for this grow. I just finished up putting everything in my tent and dropped her in the soil. Growing in my all organic mix, which I’ve listed the mix I use earlier. She’s running under my new 450w Viparspectra led that Red was cool enough to tell me about. Thx again bro. I have my light about 12” above. Let’s see when she starts. Hope I can pull off this super fluxing technique I’ve been reading so much about.
                Good luck all🙏🏼✌🏻
                Attached Files

Comment

• Redwasp
                  Redwasp commented
                  Editing a comment
                  At this stage I'd start that light at 36 inches above the plant if you are going to use it to germinate and start the seeds. After they have a few leaves slowly lower it over a couple of days until it's at about 24 inches. That's the height I use for veg with that light. During flower I go to about 18 inches but never closer than 15 inches.

• Retodd
                  Retodd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thx bro...I’ll correct it in the morning. I had it low to prevent from stretching after she broke ground. I should see her pop her head tomorrow

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X