Qwerty's first grow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update:

Bugs are gone, from what I seen today doing my final defoilation. The bushy one, i will need to additional lollipoping tomrrow. I am spraying one branch with colloidal silver to collect pollen. (Small unimportant branch)

But heres 3 hrs of work.

Also, I have been taking a picture a day of growth. So I will upload that too! Lots of changes with fans. So it is jenkie.

Edit
    I need to retake the photo. Apearently it is my 1/2 way point....
    Last edited by Qwertywill; 01-13-2019, 04:12 PM.

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

Thoughts anyone? I took a pic today of one top. 4 small stems coming off. Budlets have just started to form, so it is naked... for now...

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

I think I need to look at new posts more often just saw this thread sorry i'm so late they are looking amazing . Isn't it a nice feeling growing your meds with out getting busted hanging over your head
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Qwertywill
          Qwertywill commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol!

It feels great. Fingers crossed hear about growing 25 soon. Perpetual, 5 plants always in flower.

As for the not getting busted.. hell ya.
          The landlord (rep) is comming tomorrow afternoon to inspect the house for damages. I am sure they will be looking at the set up.

Currently I have the tent vented into the basement, as -20c is far too cold to vent outdoors. Dehumidifier running. Currently 45% in the basement. Summer will be vented outdoors. Oh and I have a small electric heater on (Intake) when the lights are on to simulate warm fall days, and off to simulate colder nights.

Leds dont give off much heat at all!

Its official, I have my budlets!

Sunday marked the start of week 4.

Here are some pictures for your enjoyment!

All is well in Qwerty land!

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
          LurkingInTheGrass commented
          Editing a comment
          must be something in the water, in Qwertyland

• Qwertywill
          Qwertywill commented
          Editing a comment
          Agent Orange dosnt count. It shoukd strip all of the leaves! Must be something else!

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          Really nice looking budlets love seeing them like that

The uploads say broken. May need to try later... but the buds are still coming in nice!

Comment

Now that uploads are working!

Comment

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            Your pics are like looking into the sun - I'd like to comment on them but I can't see them.

• Qwertywill
            Qwertywill commented
            Editing a comment
            Ill take new ones for you when I get home in an hr ill use the glasses as a filter!

I got off early! Canuck147 here you go!

Comment

Thanks Qwertywill - plants look fabulous - great color! Pistils galore - lots of budlets which you now get to watch fatten up. Now is the time to make sure the insides have breathing room and elbow room - or you could just watch how they are growing and act accordingly.
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I have already put in something for a seperater for two. Going to need to see how things go... just going to check on it daily. Thank you for the comments It still has 4-6 weeks to go... found out it is generally a 9-10 week plant (damnit lol)

I just have fingers crossed for 1 Lb or more... (probably high hopes! But one can hope!)

I do imagine the colas will be of decent size!
            Start of week 4 now (sunday was the switch a while ago!)

Comment

• Qwertywill
              Qwertywill commented
              Editing a comment
              Fair! Either way I need to wait another few weeks

Fingers crossed!!

• freddyyola
              freddyyola commented
              Editing a comment
              holy wtf these are autos? great job man! i seen some huge ones on youtube but ive always thought it takes some skills to get uatos like that! or any plant like that!

• Qwertywill
              Qwertywill commented
              Editing a comment
              freddyyola These are Photo periods. Thus far they are doing extremely well!

Figured I would take a picture of the whole grow for once. Not as nice as the last picture lighting......IF ONLY I COULD FIND MY GLASSES!!! maybe you could throw them on? My gimpy one is front right. But you can see the ladies waving in behind!

Comment

• Qwertywill
              Qwertywill commented
              Editing a comment
              oldjarhead100 I took off several of my rubber coated wires so they would raise up a little, maybe that's why?. I am trying to get one of the branches on the lower growth to start producing male flowers (Colloidal silver), I have been spraying it for a week and a half now. I want those male flowers to make some seeds as I do not have this strain in my bank (yet) I am almost out of the liquid! Time will tell! (I have one clone going of the strain to attempt to get the seeds.... worst case may need to clone the clone and stress it out by some means to get it to herm to pollinate my current clone) This is irritating !

I am surprised with the lights I do have, 2x Mars Hydro 144's (which most say it is best for veg) and a nameless (I do not know the manufacturer) 1200w Chinese blurple that is definitely where most of the red in the photos above come from. (I think is helping a lot more in flower than it did in veg!)

Overall: It's going good.... Fingers crossed by early to mid April these will be cured and smoke able!

What's that status of your plants oldjarhead100 ? (Ill look for your journal)

I think a big benefit is 7gal pots allow the roots to really blast the growth so much faster than anything smaller! The downside is I need to use a full bag of Fox Farms soil (Happy Frog) per container. The added bonus is lots of new soil for my garden! ($25/bag)

I did the math and basing off of "1 LB" (High hopes) an oz will cost anywhere between $25-32 to grow.

I also did some additional research on the strain.... It ranged anywhere between 16-20oz per Meter Square (optimal conditions) . I am running a 2.323 Meter square tent. I feel I would need 1 more LED light (144) to cover my tent properly in light or at least have all the plants under the main footing of the lights. Right now I am running approx 900W from the wall between all 3x of my lights. If I had another 144, I would remove the nameless blurple until the flowering stage. (When I would need to figure out where in the world to put it!)
              Last edited by Qwertywill; 01-31-2019, 09:56 AM.

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              Qwertywill It may be just me but every time I used Happy frog I got bugs ,I switched to roots organic green fields and they are on sale most of the time so they are about 15 per bag

• Qwertywill
              Qwertywill commented
              Editing a comment
              Well I know I had thrips, so you arnt the only one...
              I am thinking DWC next go... remove soil and bugs all together!

holy crap you are gonna have a heck of a harvest the way its looking so far!

Comment

• Qwertywill
              Qwertywill commented
              Editing a comment
              Fingers crossed! If all goes well, it should be decent for sure! I just dont know if its an 8 week or 9-10.... This is why I dont like growing clones with no prior knowlage! But thank you!

Quick update:
            Still in week 5, all but a very few pistils are still white. Lots of budlets!

Smell has started as of monday. Looking like these are a 9-10 week plant, so I will be waiting a little while longer!

I am giving away a shatter pen at honestgr.ca (Free to enter, do not tell me you are from gwe!) Ends the start of next month!

Comment

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              nice job they look amazing

holy fuck thats beautiful!

Comment

Start of week 7, 100% sure its a 10 week strain now. The hairs are only starting to really turn brown now. They seem like small colas to me... but lots of time to fatten up! Next step will be looking at the tricomes under the 1000x microscope I have! Ill post those pictures as well.

Here is the current grow and a magnified picture from a few weeks ago (had taken a bud off near the bottom).

Comment

• Qwertywill
                Qwertywill commented
                Editing a comment
                alltatup they are small in my opinion... just wsit after a few more grows ill have the size of coke cans for each!

• Cannabliss
                Cannabliss commented
                Editing a comment
                Wow I have to agree with the rest; you're plants are looking amazing. Don't worry, the obesity stage is far from over. Very nice work my friend.

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                Qwerty, I mean that we all know that they fatten up at the very end; just wait and see.

Heres a side picture... they are just starting to get frosty!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X