No announcement yet.

Qwerty's first grow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

A close up on one... just starting with the defoil.

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

• Cannabliss
        Cannabliss commented
        Editing a comment
        Anytime my friend. Home stretch is just around the corner. (fingers crossed lol).

• Qwertywill
        Qwertywill commented
        Editing a comment
        Holes are done. Took forever! But lots of care taken to not damage their roots!

• Cannabliss
        Cannabliss commented
        Editing a comment
        Very cool! Even if you did damage a root or two, it wouldn't make any difference. At the stage your plant is in, there's plenty of roots to keep it going. Might even encourage more root growth lol.

Did you take your plants out of the tent to defoliate? Just I find doing anything like that easier at the kitchen sink.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Qwertywill
        Qwertywill commented
        Editing a comment
        I did take it out of the tent. No way I could be bent over for that long let alone 15min... I set it down in regular light on a chair walked around cutting a wack of leaves off then sat down to remove light starved growth

I cant really carry them. So I just lift them outside of the tent.

They look so awesome!! This is how I reasoned on my last grow and my limited space, and I'd be interested to hear others' takes on your situation:

Your space is entirely filled; I think the ones that are growing against the tent walls may have some trouble. You are probably going to have to do some stem trimming.

Just wait till the stretch rises like Godzilla from behind a skyscraper: you will be amazed. I hope you know that at the end of week 3 of flower is when you should do your last major defol and have your branch trimming finished: remember, you want to maximize the # of colas that can fill the grow space, and that will get super phat and dank with no freakin mold!!!

You want the maximum number of super-strong, thick colas rather than more that are more larfy.

You sure as hell don't want mold. And if leaves are sweating on each other and choking for more air circulation, that's a danger. You have to be able to get a good look all around the plant to make sure everything's good.

Nebula's rule is I think 2" air space around each cola--although I don't see that in many of the pics posted over there on GWE; it's an ideal, I think. The point being, that you can't have them squished against each other and get the strongest colas? But look at the pics on this page, and you'll see what i mean.
      by Nebula Haze Introduction to Bud-Based Defoliation What is cannabis defoliation, and why/how does removing leaves from a cannabis plant increase yields?

What do others have to say?
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Qwertywill
        Qwertywill commented
        Editing a comment
        Its full with only a few touching the walls (mainly leaves) it is full but I could probably get slightly more in there.. but I dont want to rish mold!

The 2" seems like a good number to work with. I will see what I can do with that. The only plant seems it will be too hard to do it, so firstly I will try bending away , then worst case cut if absolutly needed.

Where I do plan on letting them go another 10 days or so (pending the looks of things). The flip will happen. I am excited to see the final stretch.

I thought final defoil was at switch! I seen nebula was saying the leaves act as armor. So I had wanted to use caution!

Ill have a read!

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Do use caution!! I've had to read the defol stuff over and over to wrap my head around it... I'll have to back again on this grow.

I just can't wait to see!!!

• SinsemillaScientist
        SinsemillaScientist commented
        Editing a comment
        I think of defol as an art and a science. In my opinikn you shiukd onlt take leaves if they over crowd, if they overlay, if the block light from bud sites, but only if they have fully deployed. I have neuropathy so tucking isnt my friend its mostly a nuisance, but defol strategically at the beginning of flower and then week 3-4 was my secret sauce to larger yields. Just my reference, good luck and happy growing!

Holes made in the pots, rotation of plants.

This upcomming friday the switch will happen. There will be another defoilation at this time and another defoil 3 weeks after (final).

Here is a pic from just now. Although I am not home I have a friend taking care of them while I am gone.

I love this geeni camera I can access wherever I am! I always worry about fires etc... just over cautious! (Precautions have been made)

Look at those colas go! (May be some super cropping done!)

-Qwertywill

Comment

Another picture. Another two days until I do the switch...

Cant wait until I can get home to have a look at them.... I will take some pictures in natural light.

Comment

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nothing to worry about yet - never done a lollipop, but I would assume one needs buds to do that.

As for defoliating - that will be later too - see what's happening after you turn the switch.

• Qwertywill
          Qwertywill commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok, so I will lolipop for more light penitration. I dont want the plant to waste energy on larfy buds or cruddy stems.

This will be removing stems that are small or very weak. It will open things for a little bit for some light, Ill be doing that Friday.

Mars hydro LEDs does not penetrate as well as other lights. Hense why I was going to defoil twice.

As for the defoil , I will aim for 3 weeks when the budletts form. Unless told I need to do earlier!

Either way they will be stripped of almost all fan leaves (except those that can be tucked away)

• Qwertywill
          Qwertywill commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, and they are all females... besides the fact they are clones. They all have lots of preflowers. Nice and fat with nice hairs

Ok, so completed the lolipop yesterday and a minor defoilation just now (nothing major enough to open up some light leaving the majority of leaves)

The tent cam is showing how sad they are right now. (Pink)

I also uploaded a pic of one of the colas potential.

Let me know what you think!

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          They don't look sad to me; they look pretty bouncy!!!

Looking good !!
        My Perpetual Guerilla Grow - GWE forum thread.
        My Grow Journal - In a blog format.
        My Twitter Page - Follow me, I #giveaway stuff
        My YouTube Channel - Subscribe now.

Comment

Looks great! Lots of foliage.
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Qwertywill
            Qwertywill commented
            Editing a comment
            Way too much... the largest plant still looks like I never touched it...

And defoilateing her sucked.... ever leaf is basicly a growth!

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, that's how it usually is. I would take off more.

• Qwertywill
            Qwertywill commented
            Editing a comment
            Week 3 I will be taking off most

So I know Canuck is saying take more off, should i proceed with more defoilating?

Comment

Also, I seen today that a few of my tips are yellowing slightly .I assume with my friend watering the ph was slightly off. This is effecting my tops only.

I assume it is due to ph fluctuations, I didnt have this issue prior to leaving for christmas.

My lights are 18" (flowering mars hydro) from the tops.

I dont think it is nutrient burn as I have only had them wateres for a week with phed water.

Any other Ideas? Fox Farm soil.

Comment

Well, i was looking closer, found out I have a few bugs on the leaves... only seen one.

I went forward with the defoilation and a thorough spraying.

Comment

• Canuck147
                Canuck147 commented
                Editing a comment
                Looks much better.

This is the bug btw. Couldnt make it out...

Comment

Week 1 of flower is almost here. I sprayed earlier for thrips, but appearently I did not get everything.

I still have some. In 1 hr, the lights/fans will be off 30min early to spray some Dr Doom.

Gotta get rid of them before the buds are here! I hear Dr Doom is a decent fogger but I was looking at trying to get lady bugs with no success. Any other recommendations?

Lady Bugs - 0 Availability without costing a fortune. (Plus extreamly cold for mailing, no local stores that carry them.)

Bedbugs- I have read these are great predators, but I dont want to risk getting then in my bed.

Dr Doom- Have been told it works. I just need to take the plundge. It has pyth. In it that breaks down somewhat quickly (I wish it lasted a few days so I could eliminate the eggs.

Lets giver a go! But they look pretty!

Comment

• Canuck147
                  Canuck147 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Bummer about the bugs man. Hope you get em under control soon.

Little update, the old oscillating fan is out, two new clip ons are in the tent. After this grow, I will get the wires zap strapped down.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X