Educational project in need of contributors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Educational project in need of contributors

Hello everyone. New to the forum I am, however not new to the GrowWeedEasy community. I have a very ambitious idea to present to everyone in this community as well as Sirius and Nebula as the owners and founders of this community. It is no news to any of us that our passion for growing cannabis is steeped in stigma and ridicule. Even in states where cannabis and the consumption of cannabis are legal, the community that actively takes part is still to some degree seen as deviant. That being the case, there is a very limited number of online educational programs regarding cannabis that translate into real-world qualification, let alone brick and mortar facilities that teach the art of cannabis cultivation. Whole some programs online do exist and offer certification that translates into qualification for certain jobs in the cannabis industry, we are a long way off from a standardized and affordable cannabis educational program. That is why I am presenting the idea that we as a community, work together to create our own.

I have spent a solid 8 years of my youth teaching myself everything their is to know about computers, which is why I present such an idea. I believe I am extremely qualified to lead development of this online tool but I cannot do it alone. I am extremely well versed in advanced 2.0 web design as well as server operation and upkeep. I am willing to build the entire structure alone if need be, as well as register and fund the domain. Where I need help from everyone here is the curation of VALID and EDUCATIONAL information to be taught to prospective learner's. The material being taught will come from the collective experience of all of us, making it possibly the best information available as our unique failures and success fine tune the techniques being used.

I call upon Sirius and Nebula to be the lead editors and curators of all information as they truly are the ones that provided me with all the helpful knowledge I needed to grow multiple beautiful and bountiful plants. With these great teachers as figure heads for this project, it cannot go unnoticed. This is designed to be a community effort to provide the best and most robust knowledge to prospective growers. In fact, I dream that we can provide such a high quality of knowledge that users who complete the entire course should receive a certificate documenting that they have displayed significant knowledge and understanding of cannabis and horticulture in general. Perhaps these certifications will even mean something to potential employers. That is my ultimate goal.

I know the idea seems very ambitious and like a lot of work, but, I feel just as passionate about educating others to grow cannabis as I do growing it myself. I believe this is a very valuable skill that more deserve to have access to. I believe this is a valuable skill that deserves a structured educational platform providing valid certification of skill.

That's my proposal everyone. It's crazy dream of mine, but one I cannot pull of alone and do not wish to pull of alone as anything I could develope on my own would greatly pale in comparison to the possibilities available if we all combined our knowledge to do something very very good for the hobby we all love so much.

Any ideas are accepted and greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

- 603budboss
    ​​
    Current grow: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-grow-journal

Oaksterdam University is an already exitsting mj educational facility. They cover most of what is mentioned here.
    How would this be different from what already exists?
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Expensive, not very easy to just sit down and do on your computer at home, also I've been involved in cannabis for a long time and never knew they existed. I suppose it is being done, just not very well. I'm suggesting creating a donation based free service that is easy to access and use.

Comment

• 603budboss
        603budboss commented
        Editing a comment
        I've kept websites before for next to nothing, that's were I speak on experience. A registration fee is nominal and I already use a hosting service that costs nothing believe it or not, and it works great! I hear what you're saying about donations being limited, that is one obstacle. I think that perhaps as time goes on and if the program happens to attract some legitimate attention, we could see sponsorships take over much of the cost

Many free educators on YouTube such as Indica Institute (great guy with loads of good info) operates on a sponsor by FourBuds. Maybe wishful thinking but hey, that's the kind of thinking our hobby needs!

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha. I wonder if there are any Ted talks about growing mj.

• 603budboss
        603budboss commented
        Editing a comment
        That would be worth the watch indeed!

This wouldn't be a profitable endeavor but it would be really nice to have something made by growers for future generations of growers. We could build the cannabis industry of tomorrow by educating those who will be key players in the development of such a great industry!

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I like the enthusiasm! Just understand that there is no standard way of growing (many different styles, methods, facts, & opinions) the outcome will be varied, some environments are better/worse than others.
        What works for Joe in Hawaii will be much different then what works for John in the northern parts of Alaska.

• 603budboss
        603budboss commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes sir, lots of different techniques out there! It was my hope that through all of the trial and error we all experience, we could paint a general picture of the "best" way to grow. Part of learning is understanding that will work for you. Our job is to simply provide aspiring growers with the best information we have from our collective intelligence on the subject

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol. Not to sound too discouraging, but if you ask 2 people the correct way to grow mj you will get 3 very different answers.
        If this is something you are passionate about (which is seems like you are), then go for it! don’t let anything keep you from your dreams.
        Just realize there is loads of decent information out there, industry hype, and BS. If you want to cut through that BS you will need subject mater experts. These are people already in the industry, or teaching the classes. People who are currently working in the field (or retired from working in the field). These are not just average growers you will need.
        Last edited by Toker1; 10-31-2018, 03:37 PM.

I am currently working on becoming a Master Gardner where I live. It is not an easy thing to do and requires lots of face to face time and real world experience. Many are never able to be certified as a master gardner. The reason being is that having the knowledge alone is not enough. You have to show actual proficiency and skill in growing many different kinds of plants. (No growing MJ is no where in the mix. But maybe someday it will be.)

Anyways my point is that learning on a computer is a start but unfortunately it will not ensure that a person can grow anything. The best growers I've ever met in my life couldnt tell you anything about growing a single plant. You had to just follow them, keep your mouth shut, watch what they were doing, and learn from getting your hands dirty. That's how I learned. Growing up on a farm and spending every second I had free with my Papaw. There was nothing that man could not grow. Maybe someday I'll be half as good as he was on his worst day. But I doubt it.

Comment

• 603budboss
        603budboss commented
        Editing a comment
        Very good points! I don't think that an online course is any substitute whatsoever for real world experience, however I do think that a certificate showing that you have ample understanding of what it takes to grow top quality cannabis, should be something an employer should seriously consider when picking employees. If nothing else, it is a great way for us as a community to gift our knowledge to the newbies even more so than we have already

I'd like to know two things: What is the difference between what you propose and what is already present on GWE, and Do you know how much it costs to start a licensing program?

I thought you might not...
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        603budboss
        That is what this forum is about. Show us what you got!
        At the end of the class We don't get a degree, we have a very tangible diploma to stuff in our pipes.

• 603budboss
        603budboss commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey I like the sound of that man 😂 I'll take that diploma over a piece of printer paper any day

• Potted
        Potted commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ll take the loaded pipe, I don’t need no stinken badges or paper telling me I grow good, the truth is in the weed!! Not the thing u hang on the wall 😁 if this site if followed it’s all u need to grow weed easy and well
        Last edited by Potted; 11-01-2018, 02:29 PM.

I don’t wanna be negative here but. Any experienced growers knows that learning is a small part of becoming a good grower. Like others said. All the info is already there. Is experience and skills that need to be developed. And no online course will give you that.

Comment

I’m building a research hemp farm atm. And I plan on running side by side tests on training techniques, both well known and fringe techniques. Going to put the videos and results on a YouTube page and sell a complete book after 5 years of real research, at least that’s my plan to contribute. Also locally in my state there’s a staffing agency that’s wholeheartedly in it to educate, though not cheap. Still no direct working with plants but lots of theory and education about getting into the industry mainly.
        Grow and good luck
        Current grow:

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...lly-grown-meds

past grows:

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...2-grow-one-off

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...hello-everyone

Comment

Hey everyone! Our goal is to turn the website into a repository of information. If anyone has improvements or would like to get an article added to the site, we'd love to hear from you! We've had many guest contributors over the years, and even more people who have pointed out things that need to be updated. For example, alltatup has contributed to editing the site, and she recently revamped the curing page (which is a big improvement and I will be posting it soon online, thank you again!). If you'd like to start a separate project on your own, that's great, but I don't think our forum is the right place to recruit people

Comment

• DW2
            DW2 commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree! This site IS a vessel of information and helpful folks that share a common interest. To start an other site would be unnecessary and a miss use of time, money, and energy. Ms. Haze and Mr. Fourside and others have built up a great site and it is totally disrespectful, 603budboss, to come to this site and try to start another site.

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            NebulaHaze where is the proper place to bring editorial issues? I remember reading something on the site about gassing off chlorine from tap water, which is not possible with the chloramines used to treat modern day tap water.
            Great site and forum, BTW. Been using the info provided here for many years now.

• 603budboss
            603budboss commented
            Editing a comment
            I certainly did not mean any disrespect by posting. I'm sorry if I've hurt any feelings. Not my intent at all.

Hey Toker1 ! Anyone is welcome to use our contact us form to send us corrections or suggestions. I would put our email address here but I'm afraid of posting it publicly in case of spam, but I did PM you our email address directly. Also, if you or anyone contacts us through the form, when we respond you'll get our email address

Comment

DenniBoes - why do you continue to revive old topics?
            Back to playin in the dirt!
            Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
            I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

• Franklin
              Franklin commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't think denniboes is a real person. I think it's AI. I think there are several, they all post a single sentence or two that is somewhat related to an old post. Not sure of the purpose, maybe to make the site feel more alive than it is or maybe it's just practicing. Apparently they're all over social media and make up a good portion of dating apps. See this for instance: https://www.b2bnn.com/2020/11/how-ro...-social-media/

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              Just wait till they start responding back! can you imagine having a conversation with someone who doesn't exist, and for what ultimate purpose......scary.

Gives me mixed feelings, lots of old friends here that don't talk to anymore

603budboss I am hoping everyone is mature enough not to have hard feelings and don’t think any disrespect was meant on either side. NebulaHaze brings up some powerful points and has done so in a pretty straightforward manner and I have to agree that the goal is to get it all here. I am not sure what the proper outlet in which to field this issue is but again, in agreement with our hosts I don’t think this is it.

As far as I know you are welcome to share links to information here with almost unlimited freedom as long as it’s cannabis related and not overtly offensive or just plain wrong. Maybe consider starting a thread in the forum coving topics that you and thread subscribers find useful but don’t forget if you do so to take advantage of the many resources and vast amount of information found right here on GWE. ✌️

Comment

GAG once again
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X