Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all!

Quick little update after last feeding.

It has been a couple of days now since I gave her the last flushing to correct the pH issue, and I believe she reacted fine to it.
    She has been growing a little, starting to spread out a little, not just growing in a tiny ball like she's been doing for a little while now.
    And that is good!

I did remove some of the larger leaves today. Needed to clear out some air, was getting a little to "air tight" down there for my liking.
    So I went ahead and cleared it out a little, and removed some of that growth that will never get any light (what would have turned in to some underdeveloped popcorn buds).

I still left some of the larger leaves, figured I will take them later on. Didn't want to stress her to much, just enough to clear out a little and make room for some nice airflow.

I also got that old digital camera working. So from now on I'll be taking pictures with that instead of my phone.

Here you can see how I've removed some leaves, making room for some air. You can also see the two large leaves I left behind (far left and far right).
    I'll take them next week.

Click image for larger version

Name:	15.11.18 #1.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	267644

Here's a picture of the little lady under the light. She's looking happy and fine. Still a few light spots here and there, but I believe that to be "old" marks since it's on the larger leaves.

Name:	15.11.18 #2.JPG
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	267641

Here's just a picture to show you how she's placed under the light. The reason I did this is because I believe some of the leaves have "edges" like she has been heat stressed.
    But I can't figure out how. Nothing major though. It's just strange with a CFL and all.

Name:	15.11.18 #3.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	267642

And here's just a picture to end this weeks updates.

Name:	15.11.18 #4.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	267643

What do you guys think? Am I right to assume I'm out of the "pH issue nightmare"?
    She's looking better over all, and she's growing every day. She is getting a little lighter in color, so I'll try and give her a light dose of nutrients next feeding.
    When do you guys start with the Molasses? I've used it during vegetative state before, but someone recently told me it was a waste and that I should wait for flowering.
    What's your verdict?

Hope you're all having a good week.

Peace and love!

- C

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
      GreenhouseEffect commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking good! Ya, I'd give her a light dose of Nutes, basing food, water, etc. off of how the plant responds, is way better than some stringent nute schedule, in my opinion!
      I use molasses the entire grow now. Reason being, is that it feeds the microbes. Also has some trace minerals in it, my understanding at least. Different opinions on that one for sure, though.
      I'm no scientist, but I grew buds bigger than quart mason jars this last grow, doing that, so I will continue to feed mine Molasses the whole grow. If it is really expensive where your at/ hard to get, then you can wait till flowering and be just fine.

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      You did perfect man. You are out of he ph nightmare and your plant looks very happy. That leaves getting concave it’s just the way the plant looks when it’s stretching for light. Means the leaves are hard at work. We call it “praying to the light”

Looks like a perfect plant in a perfect environment. Great job. Too bad she is an only child, but I know the Norwegian legal situation. Suckolas!

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
      Editing a comment
      If they only new what is possible with one plant...
      Granted you got to have the space for it, and the right strain....

For your viewing pleasure.
    Don't no body feel bad, I ain't never grown anything quite like these myself, but cool as heck to see!!

Organic Soil,
    with molasses,
    In a Greenhouse with,
    Redneck engineering.

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
      RagWeedDWC commented
      Editing a comment
      Heck, some of those plants are bigger than my first home

• starramus
      starramus commented
      Editing a comment
      Why you could almost build a cannabis cabin!

• GreenhouseEffect
      Editing a comment
      Ha ha, Ya!! I think I'd live in tree house in one of them if I could, it would be AWESOME!!

Hey all!

Been a hectic last week, so I didn't have the time to pop on here and post pictures and so forth.

But I took pictures during last week, and during this week. So I'll keep you up to speed nonetheless

I'll start with last weekend

I moved her to a larger pot (3 gallon) on Saturday (November 17th). Since her new space was bigger I had to add more soil, which turned out to cause some issues with the pH again.
    But this time I was prepared for it, so I kept an close eye on the whole thing.

I also watered her with some carefully measured feeding water (due to my expectations of the pH turning bad again) to counter the effects of the low pH.
    So I mixed 3 liters (0,8 gallon) of water, pH'ed to 7.0 and mixed with 50ml BioWorm, 3ml CalMag, 1.5ml BioThrive Grow and 1.5 teaspoons of Molasses.
    The runoff still came out just shy of pH 6.0. So I figured I've done all I could, and left here to fend for her self for a little while.

Here's the quite happy looking gal in her new home (24 hours after the transplant) and after I gave her a shaving and trimmed away some of the bushy growth covering up much needed space.

Name:	18.11.18 #1.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	269903

But only 24 hours after moving here she started to look a little worse. The same symptoms as last time, with the lighter colors between the veins etc.
    (the black spots are soil which got spilled when moving here, and I didn't manage to get it all cleaned up).

Name:	18.11.18 #4.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	269904

Name:	18.11.18 #6.JPG
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	269906

Name:	18.11.18 #7.JPG
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	269907

And that brings us to today (November 24th).

After a week with peace and quiet, she's grown a bit and don't look to bad for a girl living in a "sour" environment.

I watered her with regulated feeding water again today, only a little less then last time.
    I mixed 2 liters (0.53 gallon) of water with 50ml BioWorm, 2ml CalMag, 1ml Biothrive Grow and 1 teaspoon of Molasses.
    The feeding water was pH'ed to 7.0 and came out at 6.5 - 7.0, which is perfect.

Here's the little fighter

Name:	24.11.18 #1.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	269908

I let her dry up really good, to prevent root rot, since I gave her so much water last feeding. So she looks a little dry, but still happy.

And here you can see the discoloring of her veins, but I can't say that it has spread anywhere else, and only the "older" lower growth looks affected.

Name:	24.11.18 #2.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	269909

I don't take this to hard, and I'm looking forward for her progress the coming weeks.

BUT THERE'S MORE!

Today when I poked my head in I could see a few hairs showing! So she's showing her gender for sure now, and almost everything is ready for me to switch the light.
    I'm only waiting for the pH issue to get a little more stable before I do so. Don't want to start of the flowering with bad pH.

Name:	24.11.18 #4.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	269910

So all in all this has been a good week. She's looking good, all things considered, and there's plenty of space for her to stretch and grown from now until Christmas.

So here's a couple of pictures to end this weeks update.

Name:	24.11.18 #5.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	269911

Name:	24.11.18 #6.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	269912

Hope you're all having a good day, and that you didn't blow all your money on the Black Friday sales yesterday. I did a killing buying Christmas presents though, and feel quite happy with this years Christmas preparations.

I'll be back later today, so feel free to come with some feedback on this weeks events.

Peace and love!

- B
    Attached Files

Comment

• starramus
      starramus commented
      Editing a comment
      Picture perfect VIBRANT plant. I am certain she wants to live, and replicate her genotype. Of course that ain't gonna happen. Siskel and Ebert would give her four thumbs up only there are only two thumbs presente. Any plans for taking a cutting, and starting a clone?

• Cocho
      Cocho commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you guys! She's a real fighter this one. Hopefully she will show her Hulk strength when producing trichomes and flowers. Sometimes stress can do that. One can only hope.

farmerjim this is my second round with the Aurora Indica. First round came out great, even after having to cut the flowering short due to some real life complications. Great smoke. Makes me sleep like a baby!

starramus Maybe I'll take some clones. I have all the equipment for it. Might need to buy a dome, but those are quite cheap. I'm just not that skilled at it. Hehe!

• GreenhouseEffect
      Editing a comment
      Man she's lookin' good Cocho! I think your spot on with your plan, to. Get her doin' real good, and flip her, gonna be a little tight with head room, but I'm sure you'll pull it off nicely.
      I'm not very good at cloning either, but there is only one way to get better at it! Take a couple cuttings if you do. Sometimes you can make a dome out of stuff food came in, like the clear plastic containers salad greens are sometimes shipped in, sanitize first in case they have mold spores or pests on the plastic. If you could get your hands on a cfl or two, you could probably come up with a temporary home for the next generation of AI, once you flip the mother to flowering, and need the longer light cycle.

Cheers brother!

Cocho, your photos are always so crisp and clear and the details you provide on the plant history have been enlightening. Much appreciated, a real learning experience for me

Comment

• Cocho
      Cocho commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! Really appreciate you saying that.

I put a lot of effort into my updates, and for every picture I post, I take at least 4.

And I want to create something useful, both for me and whom ever would find my log and read it.

So I'm glad you're enjoying it. Puts a smile on my face.

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I gotta second that, I love being able to look at the pictures as I read.

Hey again folks!

Just a quick update from me.

I trimmed the little girl some today. Maybe too much? And tied her down a little to spread out the "crown", and maybe force through some growth and even more tops.

But I have a question; how low do you think I should trim away the lower growth? Should I take more, or is it enough as it is? I need to figure it out before I switch her over to flower, because after that one should not do any heavy trimming.

So here's some pictures for you.

The finished product after the trimming.

Name:	26.11.18 #1.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	270669

And here you can see the lower parts of the plant and how high I've gone this time, and this is were I'm curious to how much more I should take, or if it is enough?
    I don't want to "waste" too much energy on popcorn buds when the end result is due. She might stretch 300% after all.

Name:	26.11.18 #2.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	270668

Here's the lower growth a little closer up. Looks promising, but I'm afraid it will get shadowed and never develop enough until harvest, and I can't split it up. I need to take it all in one harvest, two tops (divided over 48 hours tops).

Name:	26.11.18 #3.JPG
Views:	100
ID:	270671

Here you can see all the tiny sprouts which hopefully will grow a lot the next few days and maybe reach the others, so that I can spread the "roof" out in a nice "bed" with my SCROG-net after I put her into flower.

Name:	26.11.18 #4.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	270672

Other than that her color looks good and healthy. I believe she has overcome the last "hiccup" with the sour soil and really turning the tide here.
    I can only imagine the buds I'll grow, really going strong with the correct nutrients and all the love I can muster.

Name:	26.11.18 #5.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	270670

Name:	26.11.18 #6.JPG
Views:	110
ID:	270674

Name:	26.11.18 #7.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	270673

Hope you're all having a good day and enjoying this time before the holidays.

Much love

Peace!

- C
    Attached Files

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      She recommends the Miami mango style defoliation, lollipoping at flip and defoliating at day 21

• Cocho
      Cocho commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, she's ready to be flipped into 12/12, but I'll wait a little more. Want to have everything in order before I do that. With the pH acting up earlier and all that. But soon. In the end of this week I guess.

And thanks guys! I'll hold back on the defoliation for now then. Don't want to hurt the yield by chipping away too much. I've been reading the CFL topping guide, and made my own twist on it to fit my schedule and grow space. I'll use a SCROG-net from day one of flowering, manipulating the colas around to create a even and flat "roof", without having to cut too much.

I'll also start giving her more Molasses I think. I believe she likes it. How much is too much Molasses do you believe? I've been going easy until now. 1 teaspoon pr liter. And I believe the GHE Organics nutrients are Molasses based like BioBizz. They sure smell and look the same, so it might be enough what I'm giving her now?

Stay tuned for more updates. We're soon entering the stage which is the most exciting!

How do you guys stand regarding total darkness the last few days before harvest? I've heard good things, so I might try it.

- C

• GreenhouseEffect
      Editing a comment
      A teaspoon per liter sounds about right. If you need to conserve molasses, you can wait till she starts making Buds, if not, go on ahead, in my mind, and experiences, it won't hurt anything, only help. I can't say I am able to give an opinion on darkness before harvest, I personally have not tried it yet.

For all the reading and video I have gone through, they are talking 1 teaspoon per gallon or 4 liters. It’s easy to use a heaping teaspoon, the molasses is pretty thick. I also use it in a small amount of warm water first to dissolve it and then add the colder water to temperature. The first time I’d mixed some up and used it after stirring it up really well, there was a small circle of molasses in the middle of the 5 gallon pail the was not mixed it.
    Last edited by Farmall; 11-27-2018, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Hello everybody!

I hope you're all having a great December and that you're all deeply invested in the holiday preparations.

It has been a busy week for me, so I've not been able to come on here and post updates as frequently as I would've liked to.
      But I did take pictures, again, so you'll all be properly caught up by the end of this post.

Last time I updated this thread I'd just trimmed away some growth to make room for newer growth and to increase airflow around the stem etc.

Since then I've switched her over to flower (12/12), fed her and trimmed her some more (last time I believe).
      I guess I don't want to do any more trimming after this point, so I'll just be training her with some light LST and the SCROG-net.

I can't say there has been a lot of changes in the tent since last time, but there's stuff happening.
      Not much stretching yet, and I kind of find that a little curious since she's in week one of flowering, but maybe she'll start stretching next week.

Here's some pictures from November 30, a few days after I switched her to flower.

Name:	30.11.18 #1.JPG
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	273475

Name:	30.11.18 #5.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	273476

Name:	30.11.18 #6.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	273477

As you can see, she has filled out a little more and is starting to look normal again (she was kind of scrawny looking after that trimming).
      The color looks a little light in the pictures, but that is because of the CFL.

You can't really tell from the pictures here, but some of the tips are lightly green/yellow, so I think I'll give her less nutrients next feeding.
      Because I believe I might have given too much, ergo the light tips.

I also took a few pictures today after I fed her.

It's kind of a struggle with this SCROG-net. I've forgotten how much of a hassle it was to feed while using this net.
      Because I like to move the plant about when I'm feeding. Making sure every spot gets a little moist.
      And I also feel it's easier to drain the runoff if you can lift the pot up and pour the water into a bucket.
      So later on when she's stretched more into the net and flowers are shaping up, I'll have to get my ladle later on to get rid of the excess runoff.

So today I fed her, measured runoff (came out at 6.5 - 7-0 pH, which is good), and trimmed her for the last time to make room for some of the lower growth.
      I'm trying to not have her develop too much "popcorn buds", so I'm trying to tie the larger tops down so that the smaller ones can develop and get larger.

Here's the little lady today. Looks a little droopy, but that is just because I just fed her. She always perks up during the first day, and looks happy again the next morning.

Name:	07.12.18 #1.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	273479

As you can see she is still getting used to the net, and I'm hoping she'll fill it out nicely over the holidays.

Name:	07.12.18 #2.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	273482

Name:	07.12.18 #3.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	1.82 MB
ID:	273483

Here you can see how she looks from below. There's still some growth, but I think I'll just leave it since most of it has stretched quite a lot the last week, and hopefully most of it will reach the light now after I trimmed away some and tied the tops down.

And here's some closeups of the soon to be buds section of the plant. I'm hoping for a lot more of these until harvest, and my guess is that I'll see a 50-100% increase in tops like this until then.
      If my training (LST) and use of the net works as well as last time.

Name:	07.12.18 #4.JPG
Views:	98
ID:	273481

Name:	07.12.18 #5.JPG
Views:	92
ID:	273480

Name:	07.12.18 #6.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	273478

Name:	07.12.18 #7.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	273484

That's all from me this week. I'll be on here during the weekend to chat we you guys.
      Hope you liked this latest update, and that the content is to your satisfaction.

Have a nice day and take care!

Peace

- C

Comment

Excellent lecture Professor Cocho. We look forward to this weekend.

Comment

Are you still planning on taking some clones?

Comment

Hello everyone! Sorry again for not being as active as I've promised several times, but there's just so much stuff to do for this years Christmas holiday.
            So I've been busy every single day, and when I've had some time of I haven't spent it on here.

But I'm here with another update, and I have some bad news. Recent development have made me a little worried for my little girl here.
            She's been developing some lighter colors, and some of the leaves have turned yellow, and some have developed a darker red color between the veins.
            And a few days ago when I fed her, I saw these tiny white bugs in the run off. So I'm kind of worried the has been affected with some kind of nasty pest or something.

I'll walk you through it with pictures.

Here are some pictures from the 14th of December.

She's looking fine. Good color and doing well. A little droopy because I waited a little long before feeding her, so she started to droop a little.

And here are some pictures from the 19th of December. She's showing a few symptoms here, but I wasn't worried until I saw the bugs in the run off.

As you can see she's turning yellow here and there, but I figured she needed more nutrients. This far I had only been feeding her 1 ml pr liter of water (1 ml pr 0.26 gallon) which isn't a lot. So with this feeding I gave her 1,5 ml pr liter (1,5 ml pr 0.26 gallon).

I also noticed these tiny white bugs in the run off, but I didn't manage to get a good picture of them. What I did was to add some Neem oil to the feeding water hoping that the oil would kill them if they were chewing on my girls roots.

I don't know what they are, but I sure don't want them since I've never seen these before and my guess is that I don't really need them to grow my weed.

And here are some pictures from today. I decided to feed her again today since I'm spending Christmas back home with the rest of my family, so I'll be away for 2-3 days, and I didn't want her to starve while I were gone. Plus she's been looking worse and worse, and I wanted to make sure she had all the nutrients she needs. The feeding chart (which I don't use, I only look at it for reference) says 10 ml pr gallon of water, which is far more than I've been giving this one (1 US gallon = 3.8 liters). So I figured why not. Plus I wanted to see if the bugs were still there.

This next picture here don't really show the red color, but the middle fan leaf has some red/orange color developing between the veins on the middle of the leaf.

So here's the last week or so in pictures. I don't really have any more, and I'm not sure what is going on. My thought was to give her the 2-3 days I'm away, and if she still looks kind of bad when I get back I'll wait a few more days to let her dry up again and maybe feed her pure pH'ed water just to see if there nutrient lockout, but I find it hard to believe this is caused by nutrient lock out. I'm giving her organic nutrients. It's really hard to feed to much organic nutrients, and really hard since I've been kind of cheap on the nutes because I wante her to show signs before I started pouring.

So what do you guys think? What's causing my girl to turn yellow, and what are these bugs? She has been doing so great this whole time, and in just a few days everything is going to shit.

Anyways. Take care everyone! Hope some of you have some good advice for me. Happy holidays!

Peace!

- C

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              Can’t see the pictures

• Cocho
              Cocho commented
              Editing a comment
              9fingerleafs Strange.. I've done it the same way I've always done it when uploading the pictures, and I can see them. I'll try and make another post with the attachments then. Hmm..

Here's the pictures from the 14th of December. You'll have to follow the original post because I don't want to write the whole thing over again :P

Name:	14.12.18 #1.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	278151

Name:	14.12.18 #2.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	278149

Name:	14.12.18 #3.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	278144

Name:	14.12.18 #4.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	278145

Name:	14.12.18 #5.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	278146

Name:	14.12.18 #6.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	278148
            Attached Files

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
              LurkingInTheGrass commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you

She looks great

• Cocho
              Cocho commented
              Editing a comment
              LurkingInTheGrass Yes, she did. But then all of a sudden she took a turn for the worse and I don't know why.

Here's the pictures from the 19th of December. With the bugs.

Name:	19.12.18 #1.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	278154

Name:	19.12.18 #2.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	278153

Name:	19.12.18 #3.JPG
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	278155

Name:	19.12.18 #4.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	278156

Comment

And here's the pictures from today, with the light colored leaves etc.

Name:	22.12.18 #1.JPG
ID:	278159

Name:	22.12.18 #2.JPG
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	278164

Name:	22.12.18 #3.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	278160

Name:	22.12.18 #4.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	278162

Name:	22.12.18 #5.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	278163

Name:	22.12.18 #6.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	278161

Name:	22.12.18 #7.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	278165

Comment

• Cocho
                Cocho commented
                Editing a comment
                I do have an hour before leaving tomorrow morning. Should I flush her then, just to get it over with? Or would that create more problems with to much moist soil since I fed her today? Don't want to provoke root rot 9fingerleafs LurkingInTheGrass

• LurkingInTheGrass
                LurkingInTheGrass commented
                Editing a comment
                You set her up for being away for a few days, so let her run

• 9fingerleafs
                9fingerleafs commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree. Only time will tell, you could be looking at an old issue or a minor setback that requires no further action, see how the flush treats her and then resume feeding, if in this couple of days it gets yellow I would think it’s hungry for nutrients and you should increase feeding, I personally grow with botanicare and in similar doses, my leaves are so dark they kinda look blueish

Hey Cocho, How about a progress report? The suspense is killing me.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X