shake and bake or bake and shake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shake and bake or bake and shake?

I have a bunch of Acapulco gold sugar leaves and popcorn buds I want to make into oil and don't want to use a bunch of alcohol. So I want to make dry ice hash and then go from there. Should I bake and then shake or shake and then bake?

I would bake and then shake, but I'm interested to hear others viewpoint on this.
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

Its shake and bake just axe Ricky Bobby

Comment

I don't decarb the leaves before I make dry ice hash: I don't want all the plant matter to be brittle and crumbly and to pollute my hash.
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I'm with atu. Dry ice shakey, no bakey. Smoke the kief or add kief to recipes. Either way takes care of decarb.
          4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

Howdy desertdan, I think that the baking first might reduce the volume of trichomes coming thru the screen (bubble bags) because the sixe of the trichomes is what determines how much gets thru the screen and the baking prior to shaking could melt or fuse the trichomes into larger pieces or blobs preventing them from going thru the small screen. I would shake first, then bake.
            Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Neither. Put you stash in a Hash Bag with some Dry Ice, shake the shit out of it and consume. That's it.

Comment

• kingfish
                kingfish commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm gonna make lollipops.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X