Moby Dick homemade growbox (First Grow)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moby Dick homemade growbox (First Grow)

Here she goes. I have set everything up as best as I could. Wish I would have built the lighttrap on the opposite side now but I will make it work. Vortex VTX 600 and Profilter50 combo fan and filter, DWC top fed. 15 gallon. Running 12 gallons in it. GHE Nutes with Botanicare Hydroguard. Box is 4 x 3 x 8 flat white. I am now 4 days in and seeing rapid growth from two of the 6 Moby Dick seeds I put down. I am going to try Nebula's manifolding technique and hope to pull a pound out of this grow. I am using an actual 600w led spotlight for veg and flower. It pulls 630ish from the wall. But for the first weekish I will have them under these t8 bulbs you see pictured.probably going to pick the two that have begun to move around.
    The grass ain’t greener, the wine ain't sweeter, either side of the hill
    🎶🎵🎶

🎶🎵🎶

Comment

I grew a few Moby Dick last run wound up with 12 oz. from two, big buds but a bit airie. I prefer my buds a bit tighter, outher than that they were a easy grow and a good high after cureing.😎 ps. Thay like nutes.

Comment

My guess is you won’t pull a lb of dried smokable buds. Looks too crammed. What is the square area of your grow area? Looks like a 2x4 space from here. Maybe I am not seeing the entire thing from those Picts?
        4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

I hear that. I am going to try to pull it off. I would. E happy with 12oz like potted did, but hoping this light helps me with a little mor density. I know it is gonna be tight only time will tell. Honestly just pulling some good medicine will make me happy. There is NOTHING HERE IN MY STATE. just compressed Mexican swag and not good half the time. So ready for some good flowers...!!! They grew 2 inches just since last night!!!
          🎶🎵🎶

Comment

Originally posted by Potted View Post
            I grew a few Moby Dick last run wound up with 12 oz. from two, big buds but a bit airie. I prefer my buds a bit tighter, outher than that they were a easy grow and a good high after cureing.😎 ps. Thay like nutes.
            Potted, how did you grow them? How long were they in Veg? I have read that they like nutes alot. Do you have any pics?
            🎶🎵🎶

Comment

I started them under t8 floresents 24/7 with a good starter soil,I grew them in ffof, in three gal. S.p.’s under 600 watts 18/6 with the fox farm trio, and molasses. I topped them at the third node and lst’ed them, when buds got bigger I staked them until ripe.the grow took about 3 and a half mouths and was a easy grow. Lol

Comment

From the time I went to work to the time I got off they STRETCHED!!! I lowered my light to 12 inches and am monitoring them close. Hopefully I can salvage this.... unless they are supposed to be this tall, but I didnt want them this tall. Sad day. Any input is appriciated. Thx

Potted that is awesome. I was expecting more like a month longer. Sweet. Ty
                🎶🎵🎶

Comment

• Toker1
                  Toker1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Do you have the option to switch spectrums on that LED? Red light will make them stretch. Better to veg in blue light.

No but I am gonna put my big spotlight up today. I didnt know, after all my research about the red light. Lol. TY fir the input.
                🎶🎵🎶

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181011_072724.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	257499 Correction. I just now went ahead and put my big light in. Bright really bright and super warm too.starting at 38 inches
                  Last edited by Sallisawjim; 10-11-2018, 11:55 PM.
                  🎶🎵🎶

Comment

Got a little warm with this light so I turned the Dan's up to 1/2 power. We will see and adjust accordingly
                    🎶🎵🎶

Comment

Well not going to have a problem with heat anymore that's for sure. Been hard pressed to get temps above 72 degrees farenheit. Now it is 77.4 and steady!!!
                      🎶🎵🎶

Comment

Probably gonna turn the fans a little higher to stay closer to 75 degrees
                        🎶🎵🎶

Comment

Got to 82 so we are good. I went ahead and cranked up the fans a little more for air exchange. I SHOULD be just about there now. Exchanging the whole box every 3 minutes or so. Going to be really HARD to choose between these babies. THEY ALL LOOK SOOOO DAMN GOOD! surprised. I'll decide by the weekend.
                          🎶🎵🎶

Comment

Temp is steady. They like the light so I'm not gonna push them too hard. Just gonna leave it till the morning. Leaves have exploded in just 4 hours. So RaeLynn, Raeline, Raechel, Raechelle, little RaeRae are all well and love the light. As far as I can see. May go ahead and post tomorrow. But want to keep my Journal as cohesive as possible. Patience is key right now. This reservoir change will be filled up where BeefWellingtons suggested as I expect some below deck activity in the next couple days. Fingers crossed....right. ow I only ha e 5 gallons in this 15 gallon tote. Should be close to 12 gallons next watering.
                            🎶🎵🎶

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                            X