No announcement yet.

Moby Dick homemade growbox (First Grow)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posting once a week or when a milestone/emergency occurs is plenty, as to witch seedling to choose,I would let them all grow more and see what develops. No rush to choose. My two cents

Comment

Potted, Two weeks in and I have a small concern. One of my babies has a purple hue to her. Hoping it it just strain related. Everything looks healthy. Idk.. any input is appriciated... also her roots are starting to grow out of the top of the rapid rooted. Should I put a paper plate on them or just let them go..
      The grass ainโ€™t greener, the wine ain't sweeter, either side of the hill
      ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't in water, but in soil, but seems to me those roots need to be in the water,
        alltatup she knows

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd say genetics, but I'm not sure; haven't had it happen. I looked up purple leaves on seedling and there's lots of discussion on other forums, but I didn't read it.

• Potted
        Potted commented
        Editing a comment
        Iโ€™ve found that some seedlings have purple stems, I have found this of little concern and the plants donโ€™t seem to mind and grow as well as those without purple stems.๐Ÿ˜

Thank you Potted and Alltatup for the replies....
      Last edited by Sallisawjim; 10-17-2018, 04:18 PM.
      ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

Hummm........
        ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

Soooooo...
          My roots are starting to turn a brownish color and I am worried. Any help on this? Is this normal? Wanna keep her/then healthy.... please let me know if you have any info here... thx
          maybe back of the calimagic??? I use tap water...
          ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

Update!!! I changed my reservoir and there is alge. Red alge. I wrapped my tote with foil to darken it up in the light. Upped my Hydroguard dose. Lowered temp to 70.4 degrees F. Reservoir temp is 72.6 right now but dropping. Ph is 6.17 and TDs 536 Ppm
            my dumb fault. Forgot to drop the thermostat to 73 from 79 when the seeds were germinating! Stupid mistake.
            Hopefully I caught it in time to save these girls. They are growing strong and cant tell there was anything wrong.Fingers crossed.

pic is ML per 12 gallon water
            Attached Files
            ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

They are doing really good. Still seeing super rapid growth. So I am confused. I figured that the root rot would suppress growth or show in drooping leaves or something. Nothing yet. They have gotten huge today. Literally see some great growth. They are starting on their 4th node now and the 5 finger fan leaves are spreading out pretty good on the 3rd node. If I dont see any odd effects over the next few days I will probably start Nebula's Manifolding and some LST with soft twist ties and hope that all goes well. Experimenting at this stage as a newbie really has me second guessing my plans. Lol... here are the most recent pics... (hoping it is just nute stain. Looks like some of the pics I have seen. And that supplement called Florilitious is some rank stuff. Lol) Also, sorry for the quality on the second root pic, just scared to disturb them too much. Wont open it back up like that for a while. Smell is neutral btw. No rotten smell at all.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Sallisawjim; 10-20-2018, 11:28 PM.
              ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                You didn't give the root problems time to develop; you literally nipped it in the bud. Now with the new root growth, the plants are at that stage of development where you can really see them grow each day. It's so fun!!!

GOOD SAVE, SSJ!!!

• Sallisawjim
                Sallisawjim commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you Alltatup, it's because of your advice that they are doing so well. Just checked them and they are thriving. The roots are getting BIGGER but too scared to crack it open for a pic. But I will upload a couple pics of them. Raelynn has 3 mains growing from her 4th node and showing g her 5th node already!!! Love it....

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                Good for you and the girls!!! Yeah, let them roots thrive in peace and quiet with as little disturbance as possible: this is when the plant starts to grow stronger, and what we aim for is a strong, vigorously-grwoing plant before we switch to flower.

Still going strong and growing all over top to bottom.
              ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

• SinsemillaScientist
                  SinsemillaScientist commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My thoughts precisely alltatup and theyre not even fully deployed! I see a bush of a lady in the future!

• Sallisawjim
                  Sallisawjim commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I figure I am going to have to do alot od maintenance on them if they keep growing like this for sure. They are not even autos. At least I hope not. Lol. Want to try manifolding like Nebula did in her tutorial. Fingers definately crossed.thank you for the kind words SinsemS and alltatup. Trying my best to be a good parent.

• SinsemillaScientist
                  SinsemillaScientist commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Great job so far imo watch your p.h mainly and top off betqeen changes but they look great, good luck and happy growing friend.

So I stole a pic through the top of the reservoir while checking my ph and see what I found. They are doing great. Also here are my updated pics. Hopefully no big problems this week. Thank you everyone for the support...!
                Attached Files
                ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Here's what I read about the strain on Seedsman: "Moby Dick has two phenotypical expressions; about 65% of plants are sativa-phenos with the remaining 35% of plants being smaller and faster maturing plants expressing more of an indica tendency."

Looks like you have one of the 35% Indica-dominant phenotypes. She's so plump and pretty.

• Sallisawjim
                  Sallisawjim commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice. I love how thick her leaves are. I mean looking through different journal's, they typically have the same shape and whatnot but I am super impressed by how resilient she has been for me especially how fast she recovered from the dreaded RR. Thanks alltatup. Its definately been a trip already. For sure.I feel like I owe you one. Wish I could send you a few nugs.... lol.

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nah, ssj, you dont owe me nothin!๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ
                  We pay it forward by sharing knowledge and experience with fellow growers.

Holy crap they grew over an inch last night!!! I had to raise my light again. I'm at 29.75 inches and that's where they are comfy and cozy. Tried it at 27 and they started to fade out and at 32 they stretched. Wow. I am definately seeing rapid growth lol
                Attached Files
                ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

Sooooo much carnage!!! Wanna cry. It is done. I started my manifolds on the babies. Is it wierd that I'm so damn sad right now...
                  ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

• alltatup
                    alltatup commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No, it isn't weird. Just make sure her strong growth continues before you do any more cutting. She looks great, and those bud sites should grow fast.

So my babies are looking great. They are getting into growth mode. Doubled in size yesterday and today. Stalk and stems are huge. I think I'm gonna cut the fan leaves and start training before they get too big to manipulate. Super excited with how they are doing.

I added the pics for this week backwards. From today going back. Lol
                  ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

Welp I did it. Cut the large fan leaves and started training!!!! More to come soon.
                    ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

So question. Should I just ph plain water for my next reservoir change I have been hitting them pretty heavy with nutes from day one. Even had to trim the little round leaves that originally grew out of the seed. Thought those were supposed to shrivel and die off naturally. Guess they like the nutes I been feeding. But seriously I get mixed feedback reading about it. Have not ran just straight water yet. Should I do so on my next water change???
                      ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
                        LurkingInTheGrass commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You are going to get mixed answers to that question ๐Ÿ˜

You just gave them a lite defoliation and started LST - I'd keep with the nutes.

• alltatup
                        alltatup commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I flush my plants for 24-48 hours periodically theought the grow. Read Nebula on flushing. ๐Ÿธ

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X