No announcement yet.

Moby Dick homemade growbox (First Grow)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah. Yesterday and today pics. Idk if u can see it. But damn. She likes LST
    The grass ainโ€™t greener, the wine ain't sweeter, either side of the hill
    ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

Soooo msd st myself. My yardstick fell over while I was checking my PH levels and just broke off one of her tips. ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿคฏ๐Ÿ˜จ๐Ÿ˜ฑ
      ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

Sooo, after my screwup bu snapping off a cola growth clean st the stem, she has really popped out and is growing sooooo fast. I think it may be time to clean them up. Any suggestions here? I am open to advice. Should I wait for a bit longer or trim them up? Just wondering because they are getting so bushy that I feel like they are choking out some of the new growth. I wanted to leave them be but looking now it may be a bad idea. They are bushing out too fast for me to keep up.... suggestions?

also over time I have noticed random wet spots on some leaves
        like the leaf is expelling water. See last pic. Is this the plants reaction t ok the low humidity?
        ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          You get wet spots from one leaf laying atop another: you don't want that. I can't tell you how to do it because I'm definitely still learning defoliation, but I'd read Nebula's tutorial repeatedly. At least I've had to. https://www.growweedeasy.com/defoliation

I took some notes from that tutorial, but I need to re-read it and go over my notes again. See if I left important parts out.

SSJ, post a new Topic with those pics and ask these questions again. Be interesting to see what others have to say. But definitely do the reading for yourself.

Before and after light defol. I can just see through the canopy now. Before just shadows now I can see through. Fingers crossed. Did a lot of research to figure out what to do. Nebula nailed it down again. Thank you alltarup for the help. Again! ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐ŸŽ“ (sorry, pics loaded wierd again.)
        ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

• Sallisawjim
          Sallisawjim commented
          Editing a comment
          Ironically I have been tossing that around. I think today we will flush them and run ph water for a couple days. Thanks alltatup, crazy how you mentioned that. Love it!!!

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Great cultivators' minds think alike!! ;-}

• Sallisawjim
          Sallisawjim commented
          Editing a comment
          Alltatup, look at these girls!!! The flush triggered a growth spurt or something!!! I cannot keep up with them. Every other day I am clipping the oldest fam leaves just to have new ones take their spot the very next day. The pic below is after I clipped 6 of the biggest fan leaves last night. Seems like there are 10 that took their place! Wow.... score 1 for the flush!

Is this a preflower in the making????? First I have seen and I am so freaking excited...

Ph at 6 flat. Straight water. Will change it out Monday unless she complains really bad again.
        ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          That looks like a pistil. She's gettin ready.

Look at these girls!!! Whoa!!!! Feels like I need to defol again so bushy. And growing. They are finally starting to get so.e height. Awesome!!!!
        ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

Great color - let them get more vertical before you chop away.
          โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Sallisawjim
            Sallisawjim commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you Canuck147. And I think I will wait a couple days to chop them older fan leaves. I would like to see some more height. They just keep growing in circumference instead of horizontally like I need. Idk what else to do. Maybe they just arent ready to go up yet. Lol.

Here are the latest pics of the girls. They are quite happy and starting to do some more of that rapid growth. Light defol couple days ago. Already just trucking along like nothing. Still with light defol periodically they are still little bushes.
          ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

Well here are todays pics of the Girls. They are getting so big. I have been defoling 4 or 5 of the bigger fan leaves every other day and cannot keep up with the growth. If you move ANY leaf there is baby leaves under there just waving at me. I will probably start flower this week. Reminder these are in a 15 gallon tote.

PS, flushing these babies is the key. Prior to flushing I thought they grew rapidly, but afterwards they went CRAZY! I am having trouble keeping up. Adding a gallon of solution every day now.

Will probably do a 20% defol today then wait for them to recover then switch to flower.

Also I know I know, but I just wanted to show off my root ball! They are tightening up into a solid round mass and shooting out little feelers everywhere!!!
            ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

• Canuck147
              Canuck147 commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks very good! Good job. Nice color.

• Sallisawjim
              Sallisawjim commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Canuck147.

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Good heavens woman, youโ€™ve created monstrous goddesses!!! U go girl!!!!!๐Ÿธ

So, off topic here. Just tried Nebula's Chillax recipe and it put me on my @$$. Holy crap, I have found a new favorite. Anyone else? I got back 4 beautiful golden grams out of about 11 grams of some dank Trainwreck! That's almost half! And clean as I have ever seen non bho. Wow!!!
            ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Gotta look that one up

So here are the latest pics. Look at all those mains!!!! I mean holy crap. Every old fan leaf I trimmed has 4 or 5 replacements!!! I think she is gathering herself to start flowering. Wednesday or Thursday I think....
            ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm excited to see how much she will stretch!!! She's gorgeous.

These girls are getting huge. Daddy is sooo proud. Lol. I am setting them on a 15/9 light schedule tonight and this weekend they will go to a 12/12. That way they get transition gently into flower. Thoughts???
            ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

• Sallisawjim
              Sallisawjim commented
              Editing a comment
              Canuck147, I did some reading and research, Think you're right gonna go ahead and veg for a bit longer. Just need to slow down and let them do their thing a bit longer. Just anxious. This is technically my 8th week in veg. Lol. That seems like a long time when I look at similar diaries. I did screw up early on and trimmed some fan leaves before they were ready. That costed me a week of two. I'll just let them do their thing a while longer. Thanks for the advice!

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              SSJ, I always give my plants 24 hours of darkness and then switch the lighting to 12/12. It seems to help the transition.

• Sallisawjim
              Sallisawjim commented
              Editing a comment
              Alltatup,I will do that when I switch. Just gonna let them veg for a few more days first. Thanks. Anxious ๐Ÿคฏ
              Last edited by Sallisawjim; 11-29-2018, 11:56 AM.

After a light defol today. They are getting ready!!!๐Ÿ˜
            ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              No need to be anxious: they want to please you!!!

Who ever heard of a tornado this late in the year. Wow. Fingers crossed we don't loose electricity. Wow. Lol. Crazy weather in oklahoma right now....
            ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

Power just went off. Damn. Worried about my girls...
              ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                Don't worry, ssj: I lost power for a week during hurricane matthew, and plants made it through just fine. Make sure to give them their 18 hours darkness.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X